Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finding Fare Code for American flights

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2017, 6:03 pm
Original Poster

Finding Fare Code for American flights

Is it me, or has American removed the Fare Code (e.g. G, Q, etc) from the price confirmation page some time in the past few days. Usually, when you click through from Google Flights, the first page you get is the confirmation page, and you used to be able to see the Fare Code by expanding the flight details. They seem to have tinkered with the flight details such that it no longer shows the Fare Code.

Does anyone know how else to retrieve it before booking?
Old Apr 8, 2017, 11:29 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by jimmyboo
Is it me, or has American removed the Fare Code (e.g. G, Q, etc) from the price confirmation page some time in the past few days. Usually, when you click through from Google Flights, the first page you get is the confirmation page, and you used to be able to see the Fare Code by expanding the flight details. They seem to have tinkered with the flight details such that it no longer shows the Fare Code.

Does anyone know how else to retrieve it before booking?
Prior to booking, you will see a link to open "Detailed Fare Rules". That's what you really need to read, and imo copy or print to a PDF. The first letter of the fare code will be what you're looking for. E.g.

SNW2SQC1 is an S fare, VLW4MQC1 a V fare.

See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...d-threads.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.