Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page > SCL / Santiago, Chile: Admirals Club (yes) arrival lounge (no)

SCL / Santiago, Chile: Admirals Club (yes) arrival lounge (no)

Old Mar 23, 17, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, SPG Gold
SCL / Santiago, Chile: Admirals Club (yes) arrival lounge (no)

Is there an Admirals Club or arrivals lounge at SCL, Santiago? The lounge location function on AA web site that shows where the lounges are worldwide is not working. I will by arriving in J on a LAN flight from Miami early in the morning at 7:30am and would like to shower before going into the city, since it will be too early to check into our hotel.

For outbound from Miami is the LATAM or AC lounger preferable?
Old Mar 23, 17, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, SPG Gold, MR Gold, HH Gold
The Admirals Club at SCL is located airside, beyond passport control, in the international departures zone. As a result, the club is not available to arriving passengers who are either terminating at SCL or connecting to a domestic flight inside Chile. As far as I know, there is no lounge available landside for arriving passengers.

However, the Holiday Inn (directly across from the airport) does offer day use rates. I have taken advantage of this opportunity in the past. Just call them up and make a reservation!
Old Mar 23, 17, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ESpen36 View Post
The Admirals Club at SCL is located airside, beyond passport control, in the international departures zone. As a result, the club is not available to arriving passengers who are either terminating at SCL or connecting to a domestic flight inside Chile. As far as I know, there is no lounge available landside for arriving passengers.

However, the Holiday Inn (directly across from the airport) does offer day use rates. I have taken advantage of this opportunity in the past. Just call them up and make a reservation!
If I end up returning from South America EZE-SCL-MIA on LAN can I use the AC during the connection in SCL? Or will I have to use the LATAM lounge? This is likely the routing I will be on going home after vacation but I am not ticketed yet.

Update 6/9/17: I am now ticketed on LAN 442 to LAN 500 but my connection time in SCL from the EZE flight is only an hour. I doubt I'll have any time to visit any lounges. Will this be enough time to get the luggage onto the SCL-MIA flight?

Last edited by susiesan; Jun 9, 17 at 2:38 pm Reason: update
Old Mar 23, 17, 3:44 pm
dw

Programs: AA Plat, IHG Spire Amb, Kimpton IC, Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold
Originally Posted by susiesan View Post
If I end up returning from South America EZE-SCL-MIA on LAN can I use the AC during the connection in SCL? Or will I have to use the LATAM lounge?
The LATAM lounge at SCL is far preferable to the AC-- it's spread over two floors and just opened about two years ago.
Old Mar 23, 17, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, SPG Gold, MR Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by susiesan View Post
If I end up returning from South America EZE-SCL-MIA on LAN can I use the AC during the connection in SCL? Or will I have to use the LATAM lounge? This is likely the routing I will be on going home after vacation but I am not ticketed yet.

Yes, if you are traveling EZE-SCL-MIA on LAN and you are flying in Business OR you have OW Emerald or OW Sapphire status on any carrier, then you can use the Admirals Club while you are connecting at SCL.

You might find the LATAM lounge preferable, but I personally am a fan of the AC and I know the staff there.
Old Mar 23, 17, 7:49 pm

Programs: LH/LX Sen, was SQ QPP4, BA GGL, TK*G EL, AB G, HHonors D, SPG G, Hyatt D
As a result, the club is not available to arriving passengers who are either terminating at SCL or connecting to a domestic flight inside Chile. As far as I know, there is no lounge available landside for arriving passengers.
Right, there is no arrivals lounge landside. There is a pay lounge in domestic departures (after security), called Pacific Club. Some credit cards as well as Priority Pass have access, but no airline FFP, not even LA. Pacific Club has one or two showers. It's rather basic, but serves the purpose ...
Old Mar 23, 17, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by dw View Post
The LATAM lounge at SCL is far preferable to the AC-- it's spread over two floors and just opened about two years ago.
Agreed. As far as physical space goes, it is probably the nicest business class lounge in the Americas. As I was the first "ticketed passenger" ever in the lounge (the afternoon it first opened), it will "always be a special place" for me.

It is hard to find if you're a connecting passenger, or entering the airport any way other than the LATAM Preferente check-in.
Old Mar 24, 17, 4:02 am

The Holiday Inn opposite the airport I believe has pay for arrivals facilities. Had a six hour layover there so mooched in the lobby area there.

On departure, fully agree that that LATAM lounge is the place to go; it's a lovely lounge for a business class level one with some fabulous red wines there too. If you have Vivino, always worth giving the labels a scan.
Old Mar 24, 17, 9:39 am

AC does not have showers. The LATAM Lounge does, it also has beds for resting on the second floor (they are hard to find, in a door next to a large conference table area); I prefer that the LATAM lounge too as they have much better bathrooms (full walk in room with toilet and sink).
Old Jun 9, 17, 12:53 pm

Programs: AA CK/4MM/AC, Marriott PLT/LTG
Originally Posted by nelsinho View Post
AC does not have showers.
I know it has at least one because I used it in May.
Old Jun 9, 17, 1:00 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, The Suggestion Box and Talkboard Topics

Programs: AA EXP / 5.5 MM; HH <>; SPG Gold; Maître-plongeur des Muccis
The master thread for the SCL Admirals Club is http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...er-thread.html. Please continue discussion of the SCL Club or ask your questions about it there. (Yes, it has showers.)

/Moderator
Old Jun 9, 17, 2:30 pm

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, LA Black), FI Gold, DL Plat, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Yes, if you are traveling EZE-SCL-MIA on LAN and you are flying in Business OR you have OW Emerald or OW Sapphire status on any carrier, then you can use the Admirals Club while you are connecting at SCL.

You might find the LATAM lounge preferable, but I personally am a fan of the AC and I know the staff there.
You can also use the SCL AC if you're a member, of course.
Old Jun 9, 17, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), DL PM, UA GLD, SPG PLT, IHG SPIRE AMB, HH DIA, OTHERS
While the SCL AC definitely does have a shower (two, I believe IIRC) the LATAM Lounge has much nicer (and many more) showers.

Visiting the SCL AC always feels like stepping back in time. I don't think the place has been remodeled since the 1990s, or maybe even earlier.

-FlyerBeek
Old Jun 9, 17, 3:26 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, The Suggestion Box and Talkboard Topics

Programs: AA EXP / 5.5 MM; HH <>; SPG Gold; Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek View Post
While the SCL AC definitely does have a shower (two, I believe IIRC) the LATAM Lounge has much nicer (and many more) showers.

Visiting the SCL AC always feels like stepping back in time. I don't think the place has been remodeled since the 1990s, or maybe even earlier.

-FlyerBeek
Try MEX for some serious deja vu.
Old Jun 9, 17, 3:48 pm

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, LA Black), FI Gold, DL Plat, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by JDiver View Post
Try MEX for some serious deja vu.
True, but their margaritas will help you get over the time warp!

Search this Thread