Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Stood by for Earlier flight but no boarding pass (to merge)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2017, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, PriorityClub Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold fivestar

I asked to be put on thr standby list for an earlier LAS to DFW flight today. Made it onto the earlier flight and was told the seat number on the jetbridge.

I've now (via tmobile wifi) received a curious message:
FLYAA Info
Unable to Rebook.
To reschedule please call 1-800-433-7300
Local rates apply outside U.S.
Visit www.aa.com/contactaa for help

Also: Reservation not showing online.

Does this mean that they didn't actually move me and it now thinks I'm a no show on the original?
Old Jan 22, 2017, 3:38 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by ChrL
I asked to be put on thr standby list for an earlier LAS to DFW flight today. Made it onto the earlier flight and was told the seat number on the jetbridge.

I've now (via tmobile wifi) received a curious message:
FLYAA Info
Unable to Rebook.
To reschedule please call 1-800-433-7300
Local rates apply outside U.S.
Visit www.aa.com/contactaa for help

Also: Reservation not showing online.

Does this mean that they didn't actually move me and it now thinks I'm a no show on the original?
It certainly does appear so. No boarding pass, no scan, no more reservation.

If you're in the air using WiFi, try tweeting @AmericanAir.

Best if they're following you so you can DM, and not tweet everything in clear, but they might be able to help. Further flights may have indeed been dropped if you indicated as no show.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...aster-thd.html
Old Jan 22, 2017, 4:13 pm
Original Poster

Fortunately my onward flight is on a different ticket so I expect it is just the mileage accrual that I will have a problem with.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 4:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
This is a common AA problem, even where a new AA BP is issued and the original segment is not cancelled. The passenger then, of course, no shows for the later segment and the onwards/return segments are cancelled.

Anytime you standby at the gate, make a point of specifically asking the GA to confirm that the next segment has been cancelled. When you arrive, confirm that this has been done.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 10:01 pm
Original Poster

Per the lounge @ DFW: Nothing to worry about. Likely a glitch that resulted in the text message. E-ticket shows coupon as used so I should expect miles, etc.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 1:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
That happened to me once. Flying PIT-CLT-DFW, trying to get on the PIT-DFW. The gate agent was having an issue reissuing my ticket. Writes down my seat number, tells me to get on board and will have it fixed after I land. The day after I landed, the miles were posted in my account, showing PIT-DFW.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.