Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Flying 1980s Style (757 no IFE, no WiFi - merged threads)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying 1980s Style (757 no IFE, no WiFi - merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2017, 1:54 pm

One B757-200 without wifi - what's the story?

Noticed a footnote in the American inflight magazine in the back where they list their planes, # of seats, etc:

"One Boeing 757-200 domestic airplane in the fleet does not have Wi-Fi."

Appreciate the full disclosure!

Anyone know the story of this one plane and why they can't/won't add wi-fi to it?

Airliners.net had the same question, the response there was they thought it was an old footnote.

Even if it is an out-of-date footnote, what was the story of this lone 757 without wifi?

Last edited by JDiver; Jun 23, 2017 at 3:18 pm Reason: Restore original post title
Old Jun 23, 2017, 2:12 pm

Programs: AA EP
I am trying to remember. Don't quote me on this, but someone said there was a technology install issue with this one bird and since it was leaving the fleet, they just left it as is.

Maybe someone else has the full story?

Originally Posted by jchock1
Noticed a footnote in the American inflight magazine in the back where they list their planes, # of seats, etc:

Anyone know the story of this one plane and why they can't/won't add wi-fi to it?

Airliners.net had the same question, the response there was they thought it was an old footnote.

Even if it is an out-of-date footnote, what was the story of this lone 757 without wifi?
Old Jun 23, 2017, 2:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
Is an old airplane that will be replaced in a near future, the year was suppose to be 2017 but I think it was moved to 2019.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Quite a few 757s don't have wifi as per this link.

Some of these aircraft are configured internationally but are used domestically.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 4:46 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
All domestic 757s have wi-fi and a handful of international ones do now as well (N189AN comes to mind). In a year or two all international 757s should have satellite wi-fi to match the 787 and 777 fleets.

The American fleet site is not completely up to date.

Last edited by ThreeJulietTango; Jun 23, 2017 at 4:52 pm
Old Jun 25, 2017, 8:15 am

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by jchock1

The ethernet cable was too short.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 5:38 pm

Programs: AA Plat (Former USAir DM Gold) OW Sapphire, HH Diamond
757's

I wouldn't expect much change this year beyond what's done. 17 752's are due to exit fleet between now and end of year.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 6:42 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Originally Posted by ricktoronto
The ethernet cable was too short.
Quote of the day!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.