Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Guide: JFK / New York J F Kennedy International Airport - MCT, Connection, etc

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Guide: JFK / New York J F Kennedy International Airport - MCT, Connection, etc

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2020, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Despite other replies this is very tight. Your connection out of T8 will start boarding at 9pm if not earlier and AA closes up the doors early these days.

Best of luck! I never would have booked this itinerary.
It doesn’t matter when boarding starts as long as the OP boards before the door closes. If the OP’s LHR-JFK is ontime, I’d guess that, with no checked luggage, GE abd pre-check, OP makes this connection 95% of the time.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Reports on the BA forum of GE at T7 being closed off at certain times so CBP don't have to staff an officer at the GE lane. Lately that terminal has become horrible at times for immigration clearance without GE.
Old Jun 27, 2020, 10:39 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Any reports on precheck availability as of late June 2020 at T8?
Old Jun 27, 2020, 12:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
Any reports on precheck availability as of late June 2020 at T8?
There was no separate pre line when I went through recently. Pre "lite" at the scanner. Given the sparse crowds, not really an issue.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 8:29 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Pre lite was available prior to my 6pm flight to LAX. Security was fortunately not busy. However, there was a real lack of hand sanitizer for passenger use immediately post-security.

Flagship check in was open for F passengers. Ground staff very happy to see F/Exec Plat passengers.

Lounge was not offering food or drink for consumption in the lounge, but was available in to-go bags.

Overall, ground experience was quite smooth. Hope true precheck returns soon.
Old Aug 22, 2020, 8:34 pm

Hello alllll!!

hope everybody doing nicely!

Is AA Flagship Check in still available at JFK? I had no idea if it was still open or not, given the low frequency of use and the Flagship Lounge being such limited service.

It has been so long since I’ve flown out of JFK with AA, what is the security situation out of Flagship Check in? Is it just spilling out into the standard TSA lines?
Old Oct 29, 2020, 10:20 pm

Hi All,

Flying JFK - LHR on AA. LHR flight is at 8pm. I will be staying overnight at the TWA hotel. Will I be able to check my bags to the LHR flight in the morning so I can go into Manhattan for the day without having to store them? Or is it 4 hours before the flight only?
Old Oct 29, 2020, 10:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by BLONDIEandDAGWOOD
Hi All,

Flying JFK - LHR on AA. LHR flight is at 8pm. I will be staying overnight at the TWA hotel. Will I be able to check my bags to the LHR flight in the morning so I can go into Manhattan for the day without having to store them? Or is it 4 hours before the flight only?
Morning is fine. Not sure if the rule is 11 or 12 hours or just same day, but the 4-hour rule doesn't apply to JFK: https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...nd-arrival.jsp
Old Oct 29, 2020, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Morning is fine. Not sure if the rule is 11 or 12 hours or just same day, but the 4-hour rule doesn't apply to JFK: https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...nd-arrival.jsp
That’s great news - thank you Sir!
platbrownguy likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 4:09 am

Programs: GGLfL
Could I ask for advice on bag drops at JFK when in transit from LHR-CR.

Arriving JFK at 2240 from LHR, departing the next morning at 0830 for LIR, would we be able to drop bags after passing customs, or can they not be accepted the night before?

Would it make any difference if on the same ticket, or separate tickets? Thanks all.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Itinerary FLL-JFK-LHR with original connection time almost 3 hours at JFK on AA100. AA changed schedule over the weekend now making the connection only 1hr 25 min as in arriving at 4:45 departing at 6:10. When I went online to ticket the award booking from a few days ago the website said to call reservation. Reservation agent said he would clear the schedule change warning then I could ticket online myself. That was what we did. At the same time I also ticketed the return MXP-JFK-CLT-FLL which was ticketed super fast as in less than 20 min I got the eticket email.

However the FLL-JFK-LHR is stuck at ticket pending. I am wondering if it is due to the short connection that makes the system not ticketing it automatically? The next JFK-LHR AA104 has no saver space on AA metal.

Based on this thread if the FLL-JFK is on time I should be able to connect. But if FLL-JFK delay than I will be SOL. AA would need to put me on AA104 but I may lose the J seat?
Old Jun 14, 2021, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by Happy
Itinerary FLL-JFK-LHR with original connection time almost 3 hours at JFK on AA100. AA changed schedule over the weekend now making the connection only 1hr 25 min as in arriving at 4:45 departing at 6:10. When I went online to ticket the award booking from a few days ago the website said to call reservation. Reservation agent said he would clear the schedule change warning then I could ticket online myself. That was what we did. At the same time I also ticketed the return MXP-JFK-CLT-FLL which was ticketed super fast as in less than 20 min I got the eticket email.

However the FLL-JFK-LHR is stuck at ticket pending. I am wondering if it is due to the short connection that makes the system not ticketing it automatically? The next JFK-LHR AA104 has no saver space on AA metal.

Based on this thread if the FLL-JFK is on time I should be able to connect. But if FLL-JFK delay than I will be SOL. AA would need to put me on AA104 but I may lose the J seat?
1:25 is still plenty of time to connect (and over double the MCT of 40 mins) so that's not causing any issues with ticketing. If it hasn't ticketed in about 24 hrs just give AA a call to see what's going on.

Again nothing to worry about. If your FLL-JFK is so late that you miss the JFK-LHR flight you will be rebooked on the next available option with business class open (all availability, not award space). That includes not only the later AA flight but any BA flights as well.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
1:25 is still plenty of time to connect (and over double the MCT of 40 mins) so that's not causing any issues with ticketing. If it hasn't ticketed in about 24 hrs just give AA a call to see what's going on.

Again nothing to worry about. If your FLL-JFK is so late that you miss the JFK-LHR flight you will be rebooked on the next available option with business class open (all availability, not award space). That includes not only the later AA flight but any BA flights as well.
Thank you for the reassurance. I sure hope the rebooking if it happens, would be smooth as what it should have been. These days you never know how the gate agent would handle it especially when you are a peon.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 2:51 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, BA Bronze, Ex-skywards Platnium
-deleted-

Last edited by physicsdude; Jul 2, 2021 at 9:03 pm Reason: Went through the thread and found the answer to my question
Old Aug 21, 2021, 2:03 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
I plan to fly LAX to JFK via delta but I land at 4:00pm and my flight from Iberia to spain to 9:00pm, is it a lot of hassle to go between terminals? i have priority pass and centurion and still deciding which is the best lounge, i have family members too

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.