Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

aa.com account info & appearance changes 1 Jan 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

aa.com account info & appearance changes 1 Jan 2017

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2017, 7:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska, Marriott
AA Website Looks Great after Upgrade

Now in activities you can clearly see how EQM/EQD/RDM are earned from each flight segment.
Guess it's one of the upgrades they applied during the long maintenance on New Year's eve?

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 3, 2017 at 10:07 pm Reason: Restore original post title
Old Jan 1, 2017, 7:29 am

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by usuario
Now in activities you can clearly see how EQM/EQD/RDM are earned from each flight segment.
Guess it's one of the upgrades they applied during the long maintenance on New Year's eve?
Yes, it's a nice improvement.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 7:30 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
New AA.com Account Screen for 2017

Now back to 0 EQM. The new display is a series of three circles (like UA does). EQD/EQM/EQS.

Personally I prefer just a running total.

Account activity is now >> link to "Your Activity". Rather than a button like Upgrades and Million Miler. Seems like the activity list should show as before without having to click on the link. That is what most people want to see when they go to their account.

The "Your Activity" is now more Windows 10 looking. Interesting that they put all flights for a given ticket on one total with total miles show for that ticket. I guess I like that, since clicking on "Flight details", shows all the segments. I like that the ticket number shows on the summary line. PNR would have been nice too.

Thoughts?

PS - looks like another similar thread appeared as I typed this. Mod's please merge.

Last edited by cova; Jan 1, 2017 at 7:42 am
Old Jan 1, 2017, 9:23 am

Programs: AAdavantage Member
Mine must not have of posted yet, must be slow from flying New Year's Eve!
Old Jan 1, 2017, 10:23 am

There is nothing in the EQD column. I would have expected them to start computing that a while back.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 10:34 am

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by CAWineNerd
There is nothing in the EQD column. I would have expected them to start computing that a while back.
The EQD column indicates how many EQDs you have earned for 2017 so far as part of your elite qualification for 2018. It is not the rolling EQD number that will be used for upgrade prioritization sometime later in 2017. That is a different number, which I believe they did start tracking data for sometime last year.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 12:13 pm

How to View 2016 Elite Status?

Now that 2017 had rolled in all my stats are zero as expected. How can I look at 2016 results? I'm still waiting for my 10K EQMs to post from Citi Executive Card.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 12:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP
My Account -> Your Activity -> select the relevant date range.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 1:44 pm

Programs: AA EP | UA 1K
Originally Posted by ty97
The EQD column indicates how many EQDs you have earned for 2017 so far as part of your elite qualification for 2018. It is not the rolling EQD number that will be used for upgrade prioritization sometime later in 2017. That is a different number, which I believe they did start tracking data for sometime last year.
i think that data has been tracked for years, since we know high revenue passengers get CK invitations.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 3:09 pm
Suspended

Correct.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 3:13 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
I am guessing that EQD - past 12 months not showing is why change to EQD for upgrade priority is now delayed until sometime next year.

But I wonder when they do get it working whether they will show you your rolling EQD (in addition to calendar YTD). If not, I guess we will all be setting up a spreadsheet to track it.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by Col Ronson
i think that data has been tracked for years, since we know high revenue passengers get CK invitations.
I imagine it has. Oher airlines do similar.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 3:17 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by eajusa
I imagine it has. Other airlines do similar.
For revenue-based CK nominations, it's member profitability figure (which has been around for many years,) nothing to do with EQD amounts--and EQD tracking is, in fact, new from last year.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by JonNYC
For revenue-based CK nominations, it's member profitability figure (which has been around for many years,) nothing to do with EQD amounts--and EQD tracking is, in fact, new from last year.
Thanks for clearing that up.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 3:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Why the hidden data point American Airline? I was so sure that the EQD info would be the same one used "later" in 2017.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.