Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Combined 2017 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Combined 2017 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2017, 11:49 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
LHR-JFK
77W
Dinner/Business Class (cleared the last seat I think as #1 on the UPG list).

PDB of bubbles, OJ, Water

I went with the beef and oxtail ravioli which was very good.

pre-arrival snack was really good too (steak panini type sandwich). sorry no pictures of that.
I love that sandwich too! I had it a few weeks ago on the same flight. I think it's a roast beef if memory serves me correctly.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
I went with the beef and oxtail ravioli which was very good.
Agreed. I had this as well last week coming back from CDG. Was not bad. What struck as odd thought was that the ravioli was also meat stuffed. A little too much meat on one plate, but otherwise tasty.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 3:10 pm

Anyone have any recent food pics or menu pics for AA 77w DFW > LHR (or the reverse) in first?
I am taking my mom to the UK for her 70th birthday, she has always wanted to go. She is worried about the food because she is allergic to shellfish. The last AA flight we were on we pre-booked the meal choice because the other meal was shrimp. Apparently it didn't get loaded right cause by the time they got to her, the shrimp dinner was all that was left. Since she couldn't eat it she asked them to not give her the main and just give her the side dish, but then we found out the side dish for the main with shrimp was also shrimp (shrimp cocktail). So, of course we will take snacks, etc. in case it happens again. But I want it to be a good trip for her, and am trying to assure her that she should have several choices that don't have shellfish. Thanks very much.

Last edited by Travlur; Mar 14, 2017 at 3:17 pm
Old Mar 14, 2017, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Travlur
Anyone have any recent food pics or menu pics for AA 77w DFW > LHR (or the reverse) in first?
I am taking my mom to the UK for her 70th birthday, she has always wanted to go. She is worried about the food because she is allergic to shellfish. The last AA flight we were on we pre-booked the meal choice because the other meal was shrimp. Apparently it didn't get loaded right cause by the time they got to her, the shrimp dinner was all that was left. Since she couldn't eat it she asked them to not give her the main and just give her the side dish, but then we found out the side dish for the main with shrimp was also shrimp (shrimp cocktail). So, of course we will take snacks, etc. in case it happens again. But I want it to be a good trip for her, and am trying to assure her that she should have several choices that don't have shellfish. Thanks very much.
there will be multiple choices usually including a chicken, a seafood and a pasta dish.

I would recommend pre ordering and on boarding just confirm with the purser that your pre order is confirmed.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 8:37 pm
CLT

Programs: AA EXP (Former US CP)
Surprised at the amount of service in Y...

Flew LHR-CLT in Y last week and figured I would share my thoughts as Y seems to get no love around here.

Services were:

1. Hot Lunch (choice of BBQ Chicken with Corn and Potatoes or Pasta with Pesto and Red Sauce, both came with roll, salad, cheese and crackers, and prepackaged cake)
2. Full Beverage service during lunch
3. Full Beverage service after lunch
4. Coffee/Tea/Water run after lunch
5. Full beverage service with ice cream
6. Water/OJ service with pretzels
7. Hot Snack (pizza/cake box) service with full beverage service

I was shocked at the amount of services provided-the FA's did a great job and seemed to always be on their feet. Free wine and beer were offered during all beverage services. They announced that you had to pay for liquor but I didn't see a FA make anyone pay.

The crew was really friendly, telling us if we needed anything to walk back to the galley.

A snack bar was set up in the rear galley, with trays of water and OJ. Pretzels and cookies were available, along with leftover unused cakes, rolls, and cheese/crackers from lunch.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 8:39 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
From AA 193 LAX-HKG earlier this week in business:

My choice:
Asiago-stuffed Gnocchi Asiago-stuffed Gnocchi
arugula pesto, roasted tomatoes, burrata cheese

Grilled Beef Filet Grilled Beef Filet
Zinfandel demi-glace, Yukon Gold mashed potatoes, broccolini, red peppers

Lobster Ravioli Lobster Ravioli
Lobster cream sauce, sautéed spinach

Thai Green Curry Thai Green Curry
chicken, steamed white rice

One of the tastiest meals I've ever had on AA. Would readily order again.

And one of the two breakfast options (other was a fruit plate and yogurt) - served about 10pm HKG time due to the flight delay.

Old Mar 15, 2017, 8:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG / Marriott GLD, HHonors GLD
Originally Posted by CLT
Flew LHR-CLT in Y last week and figured I would share my thoughts as Y seems to get no love around here.

Services were:

1. Hot Lunch (choice of BBQ Chicken with Corn and Potatoes or Pasta with Pesto and Red Sauce, both came with roll, salad, cheese and crackers, and prepackaged cake)

I was shocked at the amount of services provided-the FA's did a great job and seemed to always be on their feet. Free wine and beer were offered during all beverage services. They announced that you had to pay for liquor but I didn't see a FA make anyone pay.

The crew was really friendly, telling us if we needed anything to walk back to the galley.

A snack bar was set up in the rear galley, with trays of water and OJ. Pretzels and cookies were available, along with leftover unused cakes, rolls, and cheese/crackers from lunch.
As much as people like to gripe about US carriers compared to foreign ones; Delta and American do a good transoceanic Y IMO, and certainly better than a lot of the european brethren (cough cough, British Airways and the fun size chocolate bar). Between more substantial food, service runs, generally good IFE (767 CIP notwistanding), and WIFI there's really no reason to fly BA instead of AA anymore across the pond
Old Mar 15, 2017, 11:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by CLT

Services were:

I just did Main Cabin on JFK-LHR and we had more than half as less services. Maybe it was due to the overnight flight but still it's not like one is getting that much sleep on that flight anway in coach.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 6:20 am

we had more than half as less services
I think my brain just exploded.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 12:39 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott Plat
My options for LAX-NRT tomorrow below...I pre-ordered the Chicken but anyone have opinions on the meatloaf?

Traditional Japanese Meal Traditional Japanese Meal
SAIKYO Yaki Trout with boiled turnips, green beans, carrot flowers, and soy braised lotus root

Soy Glazed Halibut Soy Glazed Halibut
With miso sauce, green tea rice, snap peas and baby carrots

Roasted Mushroom and Ancient Grain Meatloaf Roasted Mushroom and Ancient Grain Meatloaf
barbecue sauce, mashed potatoes, sautéed spinach

Surf and Turf Surf and Turf
tenderloin, grilled shrimp, piri piri sauce, Brussels sprout succotash

Nori-crusted Chicken Nori-crusted Chicken
soba noodles, sugar snap peas
Old Mar 16, 2017, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by AndrewT84
Traditional Japanese Meal Traditional Japanese Meal

Soy Glazed Halibut Soy Glazed Halibut

Roasted Mushroom and Ancient Grain Meatloaf Roasted Mushroom and Ancient Grain Meatloaf

Surf and Turf Surf and Turf

Nori-crusted Chicken Nori-crusted Chicken
I didn't know those LAX-NRT flights were double-catered.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by boboqui
AA973 JFK to GIG pre-order dinner on business:

1) Surf and Turf

2) Jamaican Jerk Mahi Mahi
yuzu, coconut lemon rice, charred succotash

3) Southern Barbecue Chicken
lemon herb fingerling potatoes, red cabbage slaw

4) Roasted Cauliflower Orecchiette
creamy tikka masala sauce, edamame, grilled herbed naan

___

Any recommendations? Is the menu on board the same? Are the special meal options any good?

Thanks!
Bump
Old Mar 16, 2017, 8:28 pm
CLT

Programs: AA EXP (Former US CP)
Originally Posted by lds89
As much as people like to gripe about US carriers compared to foreign ones; Delta and American do a good transoceanic Y IMO, and certainly better than a lot of the european brethren (cough cough, British Airways and the fun size chocolate bar). Between more substantial food, service runs, generally good IFE (767 CIP notwistanding), and WIFI there's really no reason to fly BA instead of AA anymore across the pond
If this were 8 years ago, I'd probably disagree, but the tables have truly turned. No food service in WT on BA other than main meal and then chocolate bar before arrival. So sad, considering that in the early 2000s BA was once a 5* airline, and had great service in Economy.

I just did Main Cabin on JFK-LHR and we had more than half as less services. Maybe it was due to the overnight flight but still it's not like one is getting that much sleep on that flight anway in coach.

There aren't supposed to be any additional services on overnight European flights. I think according to the inflight service notes that one used to be able to see on the AA HUB site said that FAs were supposed to do water runs every hour but that's it.

I do know that ice cream is only offered on Eastbound TATL flights. I'm sure you could have walked to the galley and asked for a drink or a snack.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by boboqui
AA973 JFK to GIG pre-order dinner on business:

1) Surf and Turf

2) Jamaican Jerk Mahi Mahi
yuzu, coconut lemon rice, charred succotash

3) Southern Barbecue Chicken
lemon herb fingerling potatoes, red cabbage slaw

4) Roasted Cauliflower Orecchiette
creamy tikka masala sauce, edamame, grilled herbed naan

___

Any recommendations? Is the menu on board the same? Are the special meal options any good?

Thanks!

As posted upthread, we has these sam choices on flight earlier this month. Same menu on board. We both went for Surf and Turf, which was so over cooked we couldn't eat it. Also it was served lukewarm. Next time we'll bring our own food, which we thought wouldn't be necessary in Business Class.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 7:54 am
Original Member

Programs: AA PLT, ICH Plat
When flying DFW-HKG in J 10:30am departure , what is the order of meal service ?

Do they start with dinner? Or with a breakfast or lunch?

THANKS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.