FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Combined 2017 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1812020-combined-2017-aa-international-meal-meals-menu-photos-etc-master-thread.html)

bdlman Feb 25, 2017 11:25 pm

I see AA is flying the 763 on LAS-MIA on saturdays in April.

Its a lunch flight, about 2200 miles do they usually serve sundaes its right on the line milegewise.

Do they pass out the noise cancelling headphones/tablets. i know some like dfw-ord they dont but that is much shorter.

Reikon Feb 26, 2017 1:45 am

Originally Posted by bdlman (Post 27959186)
I see AA is flying the 763 on LAS-MIA on saturdays in April.

Its a lunch flight, about 2200 miles do they usually serve sundaes its right on the line milegewise.

Do they pass out the noise cancelling headphones/tablets. i know some like dfw-ord they dont but that is much shorter.

You should probably ask in the domestic thread.

twa777 Feb 26, 2017 7:54 am

Originally Posted by justforfun (Post 27958486)
It's pretty tasty. But the vegetarian moussaka is vile.

That's what I thought about the moussaka from the description too, but since it was the only option I gave it a try and was pleasantly surprised. A little unusual, but I found it had a good flavor and I cleaned my plate.

Acid Feb 28, 2017 4:31 am

2 Attachment(s)
Based on above recommendations, I had the Chipotle Bean Pot Pie - it was good but too heavy - could eat just half of it. The salad and appetizer were sad.

Attachment 27930

Attachment 27931

bdw1120 Mar 1, 2017 12:03 am

On J to Shanghai, I ordered "Char Siu Duck" from menu. Turned out it was the exact same dish as "Roasted Duck Breast" with curry lime sauce, coconut jasmine rice, broccoli and peppers served on routes to Tokyo.

It is not char siu duck (Cantonese barbecue) at all but tastes surprisingly good. ^

Does AA switch name of the same dish on routes to different markets? :confused:

ACA321 Mar 1, 2017 9:56 am

4 Attachment(s)
Recently had the best (on an airplane) filet yet between NRT and DFW. The FA did an outstanding job of ensuring it was done a perfect medium- it was tender, juicy and flavorful. The meal was all-round excellent ^

Attachment 27996

Appetizer and salad- also delicious:
Attachment 27997

Menu from the flight:
Attachment 27998
Attachment 27999

ckg1999 Mar 6, 2017 12:56 pm

Advice DFW-EZE-DFW

Thoughts on the below (DFW-EZE):

Surf and Turf - tenderloin, grilled shrimp, piri piri sauce, Brussels sprout succotash
Jamaican Jerk Mahi Mahi - yuzu, coconut lemon rice, charred succotash
Southern Barbecue Chicken - lemon herb fingerling potatoes, red cabbage slaw
Roasted Cauliflower Orecchiette - creamy tikka masala sauce, edamame, grilled herbed naan

EZE-DFW
Mixed Grill - Grilled beef, chicken and pork with campanha sauce, white rice and bacon braised kale
Rosemary Orange Grilled Chicken - With cauliflower gratin, grilled zucchini and roasted peppers

Thanks!

ijgordon Mar 6, 2017 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by ckg1999 (Post 27999743)

Surf and Turf - tenderloin, grilled shrimp, piri piri sauce, Brussels sprout succotash
Roasted Cauliflower Orecchiette - creamy tikka masala sauce, edamame, grilled herbed naan

I have friends flying JFK to Europe this week that have the same choices. I had just told them to check out the pre-order options. They're leery of the gas-inducing brussels sprouts, cabbage, and cauliflower, and neither has had succotash in decades. :eek:
I also love how AA manages to get Italian, Indian and Japanese in one dish!

justforfun Mar 6, 2017 3:26 pm

Had the Roasted Cauliflower Orecchiette - creamy tikka masala sauce, edamame, grilled herbed naan on JFK-CDG yesterday.

There was no naan, 3 small cauliflower florets, and a handful of edamame. Was basically orecchiette pasta with a bland tomato sauce. No tikka masala flavoring at all.

And the new fruit and cheese lollipop small plate(grapes(3) covered with goat cheese, sunflower seeds, and then stabbed with a stale pretzel rod) was disgusting.

royng Mar 6, 2017 8:16 pm

HKG-LAX AA192, LAX-HKG AA193
B77W J-class Pre-order menu for early Apr 2017:

HKG-LAX AA192
Roast Duck Roast Duck
egg fried rice, sugar snap peas, carrots, plum sauce

Black Angus Beef Filet
red wine demi-glace, twice-baked potato, asparagus, roasted cherry tomato

Sautéed Salmon Filet
herb butter, lemon risotto, asparagus

Chickpea Masala
saffron basmati rice
LAX-HKG AA193

Asiago-stuffed Gnocchi
arugula pesto, roasted tomatoes, burrata cheese

Grilled Beef Filet
Zinfandel demi-glace, Yukon Gold mashed potatoes, broccolini, red peppers

Lobster Ravioli
Lobster cream sauce, sautéed spinach

Thai Green Curry
chicken, steamed white rice

Two pasta dish on this flight? I'm not impressed.

Will post photos after the flight.

Mountain Trader Mar 6, 2017 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by ckg1999 (Post 27999743)

EZE-DFW
Mixed Grill - Grilled beef, chicken and pork with campanha sauce, white rice and bacon braised kale
Rosemary Orange Grilled Chicken - With cauliflower gratin, grilled zucchini and roasted peppers

Thanks!

We had the 'Surf and Turf' from the above menu two days ago going DFW-CDG. So overcooked we could barely cut the beef. Yet at the same time, served luke warm. Sent it back uneaten.

Why airlines play around trying to be chic with items like piri piri sauce, then completely botch the preparation, is a real mystery. I would design 10 meals that are tasty, reasonably healthy and can be prepared well in the air-meal process with a high probability of success. I think most customers would welcome that.

I guess we'll have to start bringing our own food into Business Class like we did 10 years ago in coach. Oh wait-there are other airlines....

jix Mar 13, 2017 5:12 am

Does AA do meal on demand in business or economy on international long haul at all? In other Asian carriers I flew lately I see FA leaving notes for passengers sleeping in Y during meal service and they get the heated meal when they wake up and ask for it.

But I've never seen AA offer anything like that in Y let along J cabin (there's express meal in J but that's different) and I'm wondering if it's possible to request it? The closest thing I see AA's FA do is stuff the mid flight snack box for Y service in the seat pocket of the passenger sleeping.

boboqui Mar 14, 2017 2:38 am

AA973 JFK to GIG pre-order dinner on business:

1) Surf and Turf
tenderloin, grilled shrimp, piri piri sauce, Brussels sprout succotash

2) Jamaican Jerk Mahi Mahi
yuzu, coconut lemon rice, charred succotash

3) Southern Barbecue Chicken
lemon herb fingerling potatoes, red cabbage slaw

4) Roasted Cauliflower Orecchiette
creamy tikka masala sauce, edamame, grilled herbed naan

___

Any recommendations? Is the menu on board the same? Are the special meal options any good?

Thanks!

AANYC1981 Mar 14, 2017 10:25 am

LHR-JFK
77W
Dinner/Business Class (cleared the last seat I think as #1 on the UPG list).

PDB of bubbles, OJ, Water

I went with the beef and oxtail ravioli which was very good.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/membe...2-img-1633.jpg

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/membe...3-img-1634.jpg

pre-arrival snack was really good too (steak panini type sandwich). sorry no pictures of that.

AANYC1981 Mar 14, 2017 10:32 am

JFK-LHR
777 (refurbished with rear facing J seats)
Coach (gasp!) Dinner + Continental Breakfast

Service didn't start until almost two hours into the flight due to "turbulence" which was extremely light and shouldn't have been an issue to wait so long.

Chicken + rice (was really more like orzo) or pasta. I went with the chicken below:

double gin + tonic to start to help knock me out after the meal :)

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/membe...4-img-1622.jpg

Breakfast box sounds very similar to what AA just announced they will be offering in main cabin on the JFK-LAX/SFO transcons during breakfast hours (inside was granola, flat top muffin, and a dried fruit mix).

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/membe...5-img-1623.jpg