FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Combined 2017 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1812020-combined-2017-aa-international-meal-meals-menu-photos-etc-master-thread.html)

Smiley90 Feb 1, 2017 7:21 pm

That reminds me - those extra vanilla dessert/deconstructed mousse things in the walk-up bar? They're damn fantastic. I ate like three of them last time. No regrets. And I'm lactose-intolerant.....

Acid Feb 1, 2017 8:44 pm

Had the Thai Curry(veg) this week on LHR-JFK. It was much better presented with the curry on the side of the rice - though it was an ordinary meal.

ckg1999 Feb 2, 2017 6:35 pm

Food advice - DFW-NRT

Flying to NRT from DFW - i know we get the Japanese meal , but unsure if any of these are that (or what it consists of). Any food advice greatly appreciated.

Grilled yellowtail Yu-an yaki, taro potato, carrot, green beans and potato

Spinach Stuffed Ravioli Topped with smoked Gouda crème

Coffee Crusted Beef Filet With red wine sauce, roasted potatoes and sautéed spinach

Sesame Crusted Salmon With yuzu cream sauce, steamed red rice, ginger spaghetti squash, carrots and snap peas

Roasted Duck Breast With curry lime sauce, coconut jasmine rice, broccolini and peppers

Reikon Feb 3, 2017 4:59 am

5 Attachment(s)
LAX-HKG Business on 2/1

They forgot to load menus on board but you can view the galley instructions here.

Attachment 26550

Salad and canape. The salad was decent.

Attachment 26551

Ginger chicken. Terrible. The chicken was dry and the pieces of ginger completely overpowered everything else. I've had many better meals in Y.

Attachment 26552

Chocolate mousse. Very good

Attachment 26553

Mid-flight snacks. Only the pork bao were offered. They were ok but the buns were baked and ended up crispy

Attachment 26554

Standard AA breakfast. Often the best meal they offer IMO

orbitmic Feb 3, 2017 10:51 am

Originally Posted by birddogmax (Post 27766064)
I had the lamb chops recently. They weren't bad at all; overcooked, of course, but that's to be expected.

I've chosen that provisionally (same menu) although the salmon sounds nice too and chicken is usually safest. Fingers crossed that I share your opinion at the end!

orbitmic Feb 3, 2017 10:54 am

Originally Posted by Smiley90 (Post 27694074)
Can I still post reports of meals from Dec 2016 here? Probably still relevant? Either way, if not then feel free to delete this post :)

Flew LAX-LHR-LAX as part of a larger trip in December, LAX-LHR on the 772 Refurb and the 77W on the way back in J.

LAX-LHR:

Herb-crusted Snapper Herb-crusted Snapper
cauliflower purée, roasted butternut squash, spicy pickled onions

Main course! This was actually surprisingly good. The snapper was nice and moist, the squash didn't have as much flavour as I'd have liked and was near-indistinguishable from just mashed potatoes, but the texture was nice and it tasted quite good. Would definitely recommend the dish. The "dip" was a bit odd, some kind of warm tartar sauce?

I'm very glad because I provisionally chose it as I really like snapper! The cauliflower puree looks a bit odd but why not. I must say the menu as a whole looks very nice as the alternative I got are tempting Korean braised short rib and an ancho grilled chicken breast both of which sound pretty nice too!

apeortdz Feb 3, 2017 12:46 pm

I love looking at these pictures. They remind me of past flights as I look forward to future flights.

iadisgreat Feb 3, 2017 3:20 pm

My husband and I had the beef filet with potatoes and green beans on a LHR-JFK flights this week in business. Green beans were a bit sad and the filet was well done. A funny thing since I asked the FA (with even mentioning a caveat that I know it's quite difficult) to keep it as rare as possible and she replied, "oh they always come out fairly rare."

ACA321 Feb 3, 2017 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by iadisgreat (Post 27862106)
A funny thing since I asked the FA (with even mentioning a caveat that I know it's quite difficult) to keep it as rare as possible and she replied, "oh they always come out fairly rare."

Lol! Yeah...quite rare out of the catering truck before they turn them into shoe leather on board :D

I recently had a truly fantastic FA in F on DFW-FRA, who brought around the filet in the foil container it was delivered in to those folks who ordered it. She cut into one to show how it was done about medium-rare on delivery from catering, and said she'd do her best to just pop it in shortly before serving the entree so as to just warm it up and not overcook it. It came out absolutely perfect- she really tried and delivered the best steak I ever had on any plane!

cmn.jcs Feb 6, 2017 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by ckg1999 (Post 27857776)
Flying to NRT from DFW - i know we get the Japanese meal , but unsure if any of these are that (or what it consists of). Any food advice greatly appreciated.

Grilled yellowtail Yu-an yaki, taro potato, carrot, green beans and potato

Spinach Stuffed Ravioli Topped with smoked Gouda crème

Coffee Crusted Beef Filet With red wine sauce, roasted potatoes and sautéed spinach

Sesame Crusted Salmon With yuzu cream sauce, steamed red rice, ginger spaghetti squash, carrots and snap peas

Roasted Duck Breast With curry lime sauce, coconut jasmine rice, broccolini and peppers

I'm doing DFW-ICN in a couple days, and have the same menu (except for bibimbap swapped in for the yaki). Haven't decided what I'll have, but will let you know post-flight.

CLT Feb 9, 2017 9:00 pm

Since when is sparkling wine free in Y?

I just got off LHR-JFK tonight and everyone in my row ordered it. It came in a mini bottle with a gold foil top and looked to be Bodega Prosecco.

Is this on all intercontinental flights or just L-AA ones? I swear I've never seen it before.

466SHH Feb 10, 2017 6:38 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic (Post 27860801)
I've chosen that provisionally (same menu) although the salmon sounds nice too and chicken is usually safest. Fingers crossed that I share your opinion at the end!

I had the salmon coming home last night. Excellent meal. Enjoyed every bite. Perfectly cooked, including the vegetables. Would recommend it.

PresRDC Feb 10, 2017 3:00 pm

Has anyone done DFW-BOG or BOG-DFW in J recently?

Doing it next week. Assume the meal service for greater than 2200 miles applies (made to order sundaes). Correct?

Also, they show dinner as meal on DFW-BOG, departing at 12:55 am. Is this a full dinner service (like the outbound), or is it a reduced service of some sort?

Thanks!

orbitmic Feb 11, 2017 4:18 am

Originally Posted by 466SHH (Post 27890879)
I had the salmon coming home last night. Excellent meal. Enjoyed every bite. Perfectly cooked, including the vegetables. Would recommend it.

Ah, thanks - I might change my choice! Salmon is usually one of my least favourite fish but maybe now is time to give it another shot! :)

466SHH Feb 11, 2017 9:52 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic (Post 27894632)
Ah, thanks - I might change my choice! Salmon is usually one of my least favourite fish but maybe now is time to give it another shot! :)

I am really picky about my fish and this was the best fish I ate on my trip to Portugal. The Thai curry sauce was served in a little ramekin on the side -- perfect for dipping a bite of fish into. Flavors were well balanced and it was really a great meal.