Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Combined 2017 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Combined 2017 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2017, 10:21 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by weirdlyndon
I can't say I blame them. There are snacks on demand to ask for from an FA, and if you're in the mood for something peckish, the new snack basket should solve that.
I almost became somebody's snack last time I "bothered" a crew in the galley in between services.

Hopefully they keep the snacks on westbound TATLs and all TPACS. The snack bar gets ravaged on those routes.

Originally Posted by mlx52
Any reports on MIA-LIR or similar destination on the 175. Headed there in about a week and wanted to know what to except.
When I flew the 175 to PTY, we had two cold options for lunch. Can't remember 100% what they were. Service was pretty good throughout the flight. Overall, it was a pleasant experience.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 10:15 am

Programs: BA
BA Codeshare by AA LHR-JFK: Meals? (to merge)

Hey,

First post on these forums, hope this is the right section.

I have a return flight booked from LHR to JFK.

The outbound leg is: BA1510: American Airlines | Economy.

Does anyone know what's included on this with respect to food / drink service?
Old Apr 22, 2017, 10:24 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Welcome to Flyertalk hlt32

I've moved your thread into the American Airlines forum where your questions about AA's inflight services will be better placed to harvest the info you are after.

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum

Edited to add: BA1510 is BA's codeshare used on AA107

Last edited by Prospero; Apr 22, 2017 at 10:57 am
Old Apr 22, 2017, 10:26 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Hot meal served immediately after departure, with salad, cheese and crackers, and desert pot. A small hot wrap thing and a piece of cake served before arrival.

Conveniently, headingwest posted some pics just the other day of an AA westbound TATL Y meal service.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28206383-post20.html
Old Apr 22, 2017, 10:51 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Drinks: soft drinks, beer, wine.

Food-wise AA is better. Hard booze is still for free on BA.

And BTW... welcome to FT!
Old Apr 22, 2017, 5:54 pm

Programs: BA
Thank you everyone.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 11:42 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat;UA Gold;DL Gold;Hyatt Diamond;Hilton Diamond;Marriott Gold;Hertz PC;Natl ExecElite
SYD-LAX, Business, April 2017

Menu
Welcome aboard
Warm mixed nuts

Small plate
Classic shrimp cocktail

Salad
Locally grown butter gems with pomegranate seeds
your choice of palm sugar vinaigrette or organic sherry vinegar

Main plates
Roast rack of lamb
mint jus, truffled mac and cheese, broccolini

Mushroom-stuffed chicken breast
bush tomato jus, grainy mustard mashed potatoes, haricots verts, butternut squash

Red snapper
honey-roasted pumpkin, green beans

Thai yellow curry
vegetables, jasmine rice

Mezze plate
sumac goat cheese, beetroot hummus, fattoush salad, pita

Dessert
Traditional ice cream sundae
vanilla ice cream, hot fudge, butterscotch, passion fruit topping, whipped cream, macadamia nuts

Deconstructed tiramisu
Marsala cream, seasonal berries

Hand selected local cheeses
Cobram cheddar
Milawa Brie

Mid-flight snacks
Mezze plate

Wagyu beef burger
cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato, red onion
condiments available upon request

Help yourself to a variety of seat and savory snacks located near our galley
Whole seasonal fruit
Sea salt potato chips
Caramel popcorn
Sweet chili and sour cream crisps
Premium mixed nuts
Tim Tam fingers
Milk chocolate macadamia nuts
Chocolates

Breakfast
Starters
Mixed berry smoothie
Fresh seasonal fruit
Greek yogurt
Pain au chocolat

Selections
Traditional American breakfast
scrambled eggs, bacon, roasted potatoes, herbed tomatoes

Continental breakfast
fresh seasonal fruit, Greek yogurt, granola

Wine list
Bubbles
Cattier brut icone NV, Champagne, France

White wine
Robert Oatley signature series chardonnay, Margaret River, Australia

Lawson's dry hills sauvignon blanc, Marlborough, New Zealand

Red wine
Gundelach Bundschu mountain cuvee red blend, Sonoma County, California

Robert Oatley Finistrerre cabernet sauvignon, Margaret River, Australia

Dessert wine
Churchill's LBV Port, Portugal

Impressions
Was in the mini-cabin at the front of business. Definitely better than the large cabin, because they don't use carts in this cabin. Service felt more personalized as a result.

Service on this leg was excellent, unlike service I received on SYD-LAX and LAX-SYD in weeks prior.

Shrimp cocktail was weak--three tiny shrimp drowning in a pink sauce. Not sure why AA is serving smaller appetizers on a 14-hour leg than on TATL services.

Salad was also weak--literally two pieces of lettuce with some pomegranate seeds on top.

Chicken was excellent.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 11:55 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat;UA Gold;DL Gold;Hyatt Diamond;Hilton Diamond;Marriott Gold;Hertz PC;Natl ExecElite
SYD-LAX, Business, March 2017

Late to post!

Menu was exactly the same as April 2017 menu posted above, except for wines:

Wine list
Bubbles:
Charles Ellner grande reserve NV, Champagne, France

White wine:
Waitara Hills sauvignon blanc, Marlborough, New Zealand
Parker Coonawarra estate chardonnay, Coonawarra, Australia

Red wine:
Robert Oatley signature series cabernet sauvignon, Margaret River, Australia
St. John's Road workhorse shiraz cabaret, Barossa Valley, Australia

Dessert wine:
Quinta do Noval LBV, Porto, Portugal

I had the snapper. Overcooked and dry.

On this flight, service was awful. Select examples:
Dessert was offered by waving a bowl of ice cream and the tiramisu sitting on a tray instead of, "what would you like for dessert?"

When i asked what the fruit topping was for the ice cream, I was told "something I've never seen before." (Answer: passion fruit.)

No wine refill given; same for beverage refills throughout flight.

No mid-flight snacks proactively offered (I was awake the whole flight)

Ground service at SYD was also awful. The SYD-LAX flight the day before had returned to SYD after takeoff due to a medical emergency, so they were checking-in two flights with staff for one. They were attempting to do this by dividing the line to two counters, but no one was smart enough to put up a sign explaining this. The "Priority" lane had 50+ people in it and I waited for over an hour to check-in, as the SYD 'premium services manager' (who works for Menzies aviation) assisted coach passengers with self-service kiosks. When I finally got to the agent, who works for QF, she said AA made things doubly worse by not rebooking any connections for the flight that had returned the day prior, meaning that QF agents at check-in were not only handling two flights, but all domestic connection rebooking for people from the cancelled flight. Hard to believe, but that's what she said.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 12:12 am

LAX-SYD, Business, March 2017

Late to posting.

Menu
Welcome aboard
Warm mixed nuts

Canapé
Chili-seared shrimp
cream cheese, crostini

Salad
Caesar salad
Parmesan cheese, croutons
Your choice of roasted tomato vinaigrette or balsamic vinaigrette

Main Plates
Grilled beef filet
Zinfandel demi-glace, Yukon Gold mashed potatoes, broccolini, red peppers

Chicken tikka masala
jeera basmati rice, haricots verts

Lobster ravioli
lobster cream sauce, sautéed spinach

Asiago-stuffed gnocchi
arugula pesto, roasted tomato, burrata cheese

Antipasto plate
prosciutto, pesto-marianted mozzarella, olives, pita

Dessert
Ben & Jerry's ice cream

Mixed berry pavlova
passion fruit coulis, petite meringue

Hopscotch cheddar ale cheese
Cypress Grove Humbold Fog goat cheese
served with accompaniments

Mid-Flight Snacks
Antipasto plate
prosciutto, pesto-marinaed mozzarella, olives, pita

Wagyu beef sliders
condiments served upon request

Help yourself to a variety of sweet and savory snacks located near our galley
Whole seasonal fruit
Deep River salted potato chips
Boom Chicka Pop sweet and spicy popcorn
ginnybakes butter crisp cookies
Chocolates

Breakfast
Starters
Peaches and cream smoothie
Fresh seasonal fruit
Greek yogurt
Pain au chocolat

Selections
scrambled eggs, Canadian bacon, roasted potatoes, herbed tomato

Continental breakfast

Wine List
Same as SYD-LAX flight described above

I had the chicken tikka. Fond memories of this dish from legacy AA TATL flights led it to be my choice. It was a tiny portion and completely bland--no spice.

Service on this leg was atrocious. Examples:
-Passenger across the aisle asked the FA, when she was taking orders, "what do you think between the beef or chicken?" She answered, "I don't know. I've been on vacation."
-Similarly, when offered wine, passenger across aisle asked FA, "can you say more about the red wines?" She answered, "I don't drink."
-I was offered dessert by FA putting the ice cream and pavlova and waving in on a tray in front of me. No words, just waving. When I said, "I'll have ice cream, please," it was slammed down on my tray table so hard it nearly fell off.
-When I wanted the sliders as a mid-flight snack, I went and asked the FA sitting on the jumpseat next to door 2R. She said, "I'm doing paperwork. Ask someone else." So I got to open the curtain to the galley and ask, which was met with an eyeroll.
-Instead of offering the smoothie pre-breakfast (as I know from multiple journeys on this leg is the protocol), it was just put on the tray with the rest of breakfast.
-Coffee and breakfast beverages were served after tray service, so you got to eat your breakfast without benefit of a beverage.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 2:11 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
DFW-ICN
Seat 2L (I would really avoid this seat......the bright light from the forward galley got really old after 3 hours).

PDB of bubbles, or OJ

MAIN: bimbimbap

mid-flight snack (chicken and noodles, very bland)

Pre-arrival meal was your standard AA omelette or some shrimp dish.

really hit or miss service.....things started out fine, then all the FA's abandoned Business Class......no water station or anything just the snacks they put out in the bulkead on the transcons in business class. i literally had to walk back to the mid galley and ask for water and told them no one has been doing walk throughs for over an hour. service wasn't much better even when the FA's did return.....all they do is collect your glass and I had to keep stopping them and asking if I could have more water
Old Apr 30, 2017, 10:16 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by dcfrequentflyer
Late to posting.

Menu
Welcome aboard
Warm mixed nuts

Canapé
Chili-seared shrimp
cream cheese, crostini

Salad
Caesar salad
Parmesan cheese, croutons
Your choice of roasted tomato vinaigrette or balsamic vinaigrette

Main Plates
Grilled beef filet
Zinfandel demi-glace, Yukon Gold mashed potatoes, broccolini, red peppers

Chicken tikka masala
jeera basmati rice, haricots verts

Lobster ravioli
lobster cream sauce, sautéed spinach

Asiago-stuffed gnocchi
arugula pesto, roasted tomato, burrata cheese

Antipasto plate
prosciutto, pesto-marianted mozzarella, olives, pita

Dessert
Ben & Jerry's ice cream

Mixed berry pavlova
passion fruit coulis, petite meringue

Hopscotch cheddar ale cheese
Cypress Grove Humbold Fog goat cheese
served with accompaniments

Mid-Flight Snacks
Antipasto plate
prosciutto, pesto-marinaed mozzarella, olives, pita

Wagyu beef sliders
condiments served upon request

Help yourself to a variety of sweet and savory snacks located near our galley
Whole seasonal fruit
Deep River salted potato chips
Boom Chicka Pop sweet and spicy popcorn
ginnybakes butter crisp cookies
Chocolates

Breakfast
Starters
Peaches and cream smoothie
Fresh seasonal fruit
Greek yogurt
Pain au chocolat

Selections
scrambled eggs, Canadian bacon, roasted potatoes, herbed tomato

Continental breakfast

Wine List
Same as SYD-LAX flight described above

I had the chicken tikka. Fond memories of this dish from legacy AA TATL flights led it to be my choice. It was a tiny portion and completely bland--no spice.

Service on this leg was atrocious. Examples:
-Passenger across the aisle asked the FA, when she was taking orders, "what do you think between the beef or chicken?" She answered, "I don't know. I've been on vacation."
-Similarly, when offered wine, passenger across aisle asked FA, "can you say more about the red wines?" She answered, "I don't drink."
-I was offered dessert by FA putting the ice cream and pavlova and waving in on a tray in front of me. No words, just waving. When I said, "I'll have ice cream, please," it was slammed down on my tray table so hard it nearly fell off.
-When I wanted the sliders as a mid-flight snack, I went and asked the FA sitting on the jumpseat next to door 2R. She said, "I'm doing paperwork. Ask someone else." So I got to open the curtain to the galley and ask, which was met with an eyeroll.
-Instead of offering the smoothie pre-breakfast (as I know from multiple journeys on this leg is the protocol), it was just put on the tray with the rest of breakfast.
-Coffee and breakfast beverages were served after tray service, so you got to eat your breakfast without benefit of a beverage.
On DFW-HKG, smoothies were noticeably missing in action. No offer of them, no sightings either. Perhaps a catering mistake. Same issue with the beverages. Why not offer them first?
Old Apr 30, 2017, 10:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
No PJs on DFW-ICN either just slippers...is that how it's supposed to be? 14 hour flight seems like it should qualify?
Old May 2, 2017, 6:10 pm
Suspended

ICN-DFW
LAA 789
Seat 3L (great seat!)

There were 4 UPG's cleared and they were all non-revs (confirmed by all the base chatter and the seats that were available shortly before seats got cleared via the App)......kind of odd for positive space travel on this route. Maybe they're using the free systemwide pass.

PDB of bubbles, water, OJ.

Boy was the food bad on this trip.....ALL. 3. MEALS. It was the same crew as my inbound flight, and they were surprisingly much more attentive on this leg....I wonder if it had anything to do with me calling them out on being basically lazy. Purser was much more visible and would proactively refill my water bottle without asking (I was not on her side of the cabin either).

Starter

Main (disgusting quality chicken, served not heated enough barf). Should have stuck with the Bimbimbap since we were departing Korea and in retrospect they couldn't mess that up.

Dessert (really sad cheese plate)

Midflight Snack

Pre-arrival breakfast (at 2pm local time ) , nasty quiche. Gotta love the classy presentation of make your own drink with two minis plopped down in Int'l Business Class.

I didn't each much this entire flight.

Used Flagship Dining at DFW after landing to see if there was any better food and there was during dinner time. People were getting turned away the room was so full.
Old May 4, 2017, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Surprisingly good, indeed shockingly good AA service, food and wine.

Los Angeles LAX to London Heathrow
American AA 136
777-300ER (77W)
7:40p-2:15p +1
May 1, 2017
Departed 8/8
Seat 2A

Tonight's menu...

OK, this is encouraging. But let's see how this translates into the real world at 35,000 feet.

And the wine list. Whoa Nellie. Pinch me. This is American Airlines??
Laurent-Perrier Grand Siècle? Are you kidding me? Etude? And a 1er cru Chablis?

Showtime, AA style. And the same old tiny hot towel.

Jeez, they try so hard and then still cheap out on a dopey salt and pepper shaker.

Despite assuming AA catering to be inedible and having had dinner 2 hours earlier in the Qantas Lounge, I decided to sample the menu. Apparently working backwards on the menu, the Tomato and Lentil soup with Grilled Cheese Crouton was first. This was delicious with just enough kick to make the dish really memorable.

The Lump Crab salad seemed to be missing the crab. Nevertheless, it was nice and very fresh.

The Lobster Salad Deviled Eggs were different but very tasty.

For my main, the Slow-Braised Lamb Osso Buco was spectacular.

Melt in your mouth and extraordinary flavor with lots of spices that was simply a knockout.

But wait, it gets even better. The Warm Louisiana Praline Bread Pudding was to die for. OMG.

The snack counter in the First Class galley.

Presumably this is the Business Class snack bar but for the life of me, I cannot remember taking the pics. Memo to self: too much alcohol not good.

And Lily O'Brien's chocolates handed out on our descent.

Full report and more pics here

Last edited by SFO777; May 4, 2017 at 9:36 pm
Old May 5, 2017, 9:44 am
Accor Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: CX MPC GO, IHG, OZ, NH (no longer UA MP*G thanks to SMJ)(no longer A3 *G due to COVID))
AA192 HKG-LAX [2017 late May]

(same as my last menu post at #66 )
  • Roast Duck Roast Duck: egg fried rice, sugar snap peas, carrots, plum sauce
  • Black Angus Beef Filet: red wine demi-glace, twice-baked potato, asparagus, roasted cherry tomato
  • Sautéed Salmon Filet: herb butter, lemon risotto, asparagus
  • Chickpea Masala: saffron basmati rice

------

AA153 ORD-NRT [2017 late May]
  • Traditional Japanese Meal: SAIKYO Yaki Trout with boiled turnips, green beans, carrot flowers, and soy braised lotus root
  • Horseradish Panko Encrusted Chicken: With yuzu sauce, steamed rice, broccoli and peppers
  • Saffron Gnocchi: With cherry tomato sauce, asparagus, mushrooms and Parmesan cheese
  • Tamarind Ginger Filet of Beef: Brussels sprouts, basmati rice
  • Quinoa and Panko Crusted Prawns: roasted rainbow carrots, zucchini noodles, ginger hibiscus reduction

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.