Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LA Times Vignette on AA LAX Operations

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2016, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

LA Times Vignette on AA LAX Operations

Perhaps this belongs in some other thread...I'll let the mods decide that. Anyway, here's an article I saw in this morning's LA Times covering aircraft turnaround. I found it light and interesting morning reading. I haven't been flying AA much lately, but hopefully this helps with on time operations:

A quick turnaround is so important — and employee performance so pivotal — that American Airlines has adopted an incentive program: If American Airlines ranks higher than its competitors in three key on-time categories, all 113,000 employees get $150 each.
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...226-story.html
Old Dec 26, 2016, 3:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 4.6 MM, LT Pt, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I commented on this article earlier today in this thread (post #44):

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...er-thread.html

But then again I may have been in the wrong thread.
Old Dec 26, 2016, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
It probably belongs in this thread about operations at LAX.
Old Dec 26, 2016, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
The US/AA merger closed 36 months ago. In how many of those months has AA paid the $150 bonus?

Last edited by 3Cforme; Dec 28, 2016 at 6:25 am
Old Dec 27, 2016, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
The US/AA merger closed 36 months ago. I how many of those months has AA paid the $150 bonus?
LOL. I think that it's a safe bet that the total cost of that bonus program has been $0.00.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 6:08 am

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
While they sometimes run into issues at LAX, AA manages their operation much better than United does.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 5:31 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by N1120A
While they sometimes run into issues at LAX, AA manages their operation much better than United does.
Benchmarking yourself against UA is not exactly a way to make it to the top.

I'd be curious to see how AA's performance has done since the rebanked some of their hubs.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 7:09 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium
"Business travelers are much easier, she said, because they usually carry little more than a briefcase holding a laptop computer."

Got a chuckle and an eye-roll from that line. I don't remember the last time I saw any business traveller board with just a briefcase.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by tvtd
"Business travelers are much easier, she said, because they usually carry little more than a briefcase holding a laptop computer."

Got a chuckle and an eye-roll from that line. I don't remember the last time I saw any business traveller board with just a briefcase.
They should be nice to mileage runners, I would never board with more than a backpack with 1-2 changes of clothes (in case of IRROPS) which would fit under the seat when on a MR. We are fast boarders and disembarkers .
Old Dec 29, 2016, 7:37 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
They should be nice to mileage runners, I would never board with more than a backpack with 1-2 changes of clothes (in case of IRROPS) which would fit under the seat when on a MR. We are fast boarders and disembarkers .
Totally agree. While I haven't done a MR yet I have had the pleasure of sitting next to a fellow PAX completing one (on the return of his SAN-xxx-JFK-ATL-SAN). He was traveling extremely light, as would I in that scenario.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 12:43 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Maybe they can also give incentives to the baggage handlers. Bags out on the carousel under 20 minutes with priority tagged bags coming out first gain a bonus. I may actually check luggage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.