AA 169 LAX to NRT can't use SWU????

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2016, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLAT, MR PLAT
AA 169 LAX to NRT can't use SWU????

i booked a flight aa169 from lax to nrt on dec 29

im being told I can't use my swu because it's marketed by JAL

i know I've been able to use swu on this flight before and it's American metal and doesn't mention anywhere on the AA site about being JAL marketed

anything I can do?
Old Dec 26, 2016, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you booked the flight with a JL flight number then you can't do anything. If you booked it as AA169, then just hang up, call again.
Old Dec 26, 2016, 3:55 pm

Programs: AA EP
Originally Posted by glostik
i booked a flight aa169 from lax to nrt on dec 29

im being told I can't use my swu because it's marketed by JAL

i know I've been able to use swu on this flight before and it's American metal and doesn't mention anywhere on the AA site about being JAL marketed

anything I can do?
ask at airport. Curious that you said the AA site doesn't show it is sold as JAL. Did u book external to AA and u are possibly just looking at the limited PNR which would just show the true aa flight number? I
Old Dec 26, 2016, 4:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
If you did book this flight with a JL number, your only chances of applying a SWU are at the airport. If you get shot down once while checking in at the airport, try again in the AC and at the gate. Sometimes they'll apply one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.