Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Question about companion benefits (seating)

Old Dec 15, 2016, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Plat AAdvantage, SPG, Marriott

I'm planning a short trip to HKG with my sister. I'm originating at GRR and she would be flying from PHL. We would be on the same flight from DFW-HKG both ways.

My question is since these are two separate itineraries and I have PLT status and she doesn't, is it possible for me to extend my free preferred seat benefit to her? I wouldn't want us to be on a 16-hour flight and not sitting together.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by SarahAA
I'm planning a short trip to HKG with my sister. I'm originating at GRR and she would be flying from PHL. We would be on the same flight from DFW-HKG both ways.

My question is since these are two separate itineraries and I have PLT status and she doesn't, is it possible for me to extend my free preferred seat benefit to her? I wouldn't want us to be on a 16-hour flight and not sitting together.
Yes, once you book your tickets, call AA and they will put her next to you.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.