Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Qualifying for status in 2017 to have Status in 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qualifying for status in 2017 to have Status in 2018

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2016, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Oh, and you can get at least part of your spend in using the right credit card:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...tor-cards.html
Old Nov 8, 2016, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by EQDsSUCK
You can try to maximize miles on partners to earn EQDs. For example, I could buy a RT JFK-AMM-BKK for $1700 on RJ, and earn $2000 EQDs for it. Win! LOL
Anyone else read this at first and it was was in an RJ and not flying on Royal Jordanian?

Oh, the agony that flight would be ... lol
Old Nov 30, 2016, 4:06 pm

Programs: AA Advantage, SWA Rapid Rewards
Why don't you just wait and see what your EQD situation is in the fall of 2017. If your goal is Gold and need $3000 EQD and you are close, just buy enough ticket class to get you to $3000. If you fly a lot even on discounted tickets, you might not be far off.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 9:43 am

Advice on status for 2018

Been offered $1,650 for Platinum Pro (Currently Platinum).
I am $200 short of EQD and 13,463 EQM's short. I have an economy trip from Miami to Cancun and London (return is on Jan 2) before the end of year (roughly 5,000 EQM's???).
How can I achieve Platinum Pro status before the end of the year? (That's the deadline to upgrade status?).

Thank you!
Old Nov 14, 2017, 1:05 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by tonyup
Been offered $1,650 for Platinum Pro (Currently Platinum).
I am $200 short of EQD and 13,463 EQM's short. I have an economy trip from Miami to Cancun and London (return is on Jan 2) before the end of year (roughly 5,000 EQM's???).
How can I achieve Platinum Pro status before the end of the year? (That's the deadline to upgrade status?).

Thank you!
MIA-CUN-LHR is 5479 EQMs if you take those legs by 12/31. To get the other 8000 you will need to come up with some cheap MR's. Can you do that for under $1650?

It's interesting they are offering buy-ups like this to people. I'm thinking that the ranks are projected to be much thinner after a full year of the new elite earning policies in place.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.