Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA AAnytime Award - Use Free Date Change to Save?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2016, 5:17 pm
Chy
Original Poster

I've been searching for an hour and can't find the answer to this.

I'm booking Anytime awards over Christmas. Naturally some dates have very high mileage requirements and some dont. For example, on Dec 20 the anytime rate is 20k one way miles. Can I book the 20k miles date and then change it to a date that costs 30k or 50k miles without paying the higher mileage cost?

Origin/destination are the same, exact same flights. Simple US flight with one stop.

Thanks
Old Sep 20, 2016, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
No. If you could, everyone would.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 11:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
well, if the other dates somehow have the lower mileage availability come up later then yes, you could change to those. But you can't change without paying the difference in mileage cost if there is only higher mileage cost availability on the dates to which you want to move.

Last edited by mikelat; Sep 24, 2016 at 12:35 am
Old Sep 24, 2016, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mikelat
well, if the other dates somehow have saver availability come up later then yes, you could change to those. But you can't change if there is no saver availability on the dates to which you want to move.
The OP doesn't seem to be asking about "saver" availability, they are asking about "saving" miles by booking on dates when "anytime" needs fewer miles and then changing to dates when "anytime" needs more miles, but staying in "anytime".
Old Sep 24, 2016, 12:35 am

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by sdsearch
The OP doesn't seem to be asking about "saver" availability, they are asking about "saving" miles by booking on dates when "anytime" needs fewer miles and then changing to dates when "anytime" needs more miles, but staying in "anytime".
edited my post to be more in line with the question.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.