Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Print Itinerary and Receipt, & How do I find ticket number?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 4, 2016, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Printing Receipts and Obtaining Ticket Numbers

Ticket numbers for AA begin with "001" and are found in your emailed e-ticket and in your printed receipt. You may find it difficult to find it on Awards. One easy way to get your ticket number if your PNR is current is to Direct Message @AmericanAir on Twitter.

These can be used to check ticket status or request refunds on https://prefunds.aa.com/refunds/.

For awards you will not see the print receipt option in your PNR. For most other ticketed trips booked on AA.com, or using AA, you will see the option toward the bottom of the PNR.

LukasVIE has found a nice workaround:

Originally Posted by LukasVIE
(paraphrased for more general use)

Here is how you will get your e-ticket number:

1.Open your award reservation on AA.com

2.Copy and paste this link in a new tab (or current tab) in your browser (do it with right click as Flyertalk truncates hyperlinks)
https://www.aa.com/reservation/print...raryReceipt.do

3. Press enter and execute the link. You should see a receipt with e-ticket number.
Or use this link following instructions above.

And:

Originally Posted by nerdbirdsjc
For AA bookings with interline segments, accessing/e-mailing the e-ticket receipt through Amadeus might be a good option. With the Amadeus record locator, the following sites will print the current AA receipt (arguably in a better format than AA itself provides:

http://www.amadeus.com.tw/eitr/default.aspx (Chinese language site, enter PNR in first box, last name in second box, etkt pops up moments after clicking go)

http://eticket.qatarairways.com/eTic...rentrypage.jsf (click the schedule change box before hitting process ticket)

Your ticket number can be found on your credit card bill. Just look at your credit card billing on line after the ticket status is "Ticketed". It's a 13-digit number starting with 001 for AA.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2018, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by ChasingDaylight
Cheers nerdbirds and wiki contributors - though if LukasVIE's trick no longer works (and others can confirm this) suggest removing it from the wiki.
It still works for me with an Avios award booking.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 7:10 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by aradisc
It still works for me with an Avios award booking.
With Avios you can get the ticket# on BA confirmation email.

Avios also uses Amadeus GDS to begin with while AA using SABRE.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 6:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Anyone have a workable solution for an 001 ticket on AA? The prefund.aa link is not working, and the link to the page in this thread "Has taken flight"
Old Apr 18, 2018, 11:09 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by econometrics
Anyone have a workable solution for an 001 ticket on AA? The prefund.aa link is not working, and the link to the page in this thread "Has taken flight"
What are you trying to find? Find a ticket number?

AFAIK, revenue ticket# still show up on reservation. For award, just give AA a call. If calling is not an option, then wait for credit card posting/statement. Or if award is on an Amaedus carrier (CX,BA,QF, QR etc), post the other carrier PNR# (requires calling AA to obtain if you didn't obtain it when booking over the phone) and plug it into QR manage booking website to obtain ticket#.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 11:30 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
This https://prefunds.aa.com/refunds/ is working for me.

One easy way to get your ticket number if your PNR is current is to Direct Message @AmericanAir on Twitter.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver

One easy way to get your ticket number if your PNR is current is to Direct Message @AmericanAir on Twitter.
I have my ticket number, and this site keeps giving me an error message. Weird.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 2:20 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by JDiver

I have my ticket number, and this site keeps giving me an error message. Weird.
AFAIK, the site no longer works for award tickets. Failed for tickets with AA-only flights and failed for partner award flights.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by seawolf
AFAIK, the site no longer works for award tickets. Failed for tickets with AA-only flights and failed for partner award flights.
I'm not attempting to get a receipt for an award ticket. Paid ticket with AA flight numbers and 2/4 legs on AA metal.

Here's what I keep getting:

Old Apr 18, 2018, 3:28 pm
Original Member

Sounds like it is completely broken.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 3:37 pm

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Originally Posted by seawolf
Oddly enough, I am trying to get a receipt for an award ticket, and this website still works.

Additionally, for a round-trip paid ticket with all legs on AA, the prefunds.aa site also still works to get a receipt.

Am I just that lucky?
(to be honest, I think the site is just finicky)
Old Aug 15, 2018, 11:23 am

Programs: UA*S, AA Plat, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist
A tip that most of you probably know, but if you want a receipt for any kind of AA ticket (TA issued, Award, AA.com, Expedia etc.) I've always been successful asking a check-in / ticket counter / AAdmirals Club agent to print one for me, on ticket (boarding pass) stock. It shows the name, fare calculation & fare paid, and since it's an actual agent printing it you get all the previous tickets if it went through reissues (Miles + Copay, SWU, etc.) Sometimes messing around on the website isn't just worth it if an agent can do it in seconds.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 11:41 am

receipt

get ticket receipt for August 2018 flight
Old Sep 15, 2018, 11:43 am

Programs: WN A-List, AA good-riddance, Safeway Club Card Extraordinaire
Assuming there's a missing "How do I" at the beginning of this post... if you have the ticket number you can request a receipt from www.refunds.aa.com
Old Sep 15, 2018, 12:23 pm

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Yes, once on the https://prefunds.aa.com/refunds/ site, click "Request a Receipt" and enter your ticket number. If you don't know your ticket number (or you deleted the email containing it), the ticket number is usually on your credit card billing statement for the flight purchase.

I was able to retrieve a receipt from a trip in May, so hopefully it works for you.

More information here:
Old Nov 23, 2018, 11:41 am

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Where Is E-Ticket Number Hidden On AA.com "My Trips"?

I booked an AAnytime award, which was confirmed by e-mail with an embedded e-Ticket number (which I missed seeing a couple times) but online under "My Trips" there's no ability to see the E-Ticket # or print a receipt/e-ticket.

There is a record locator and the status has changed from pending to ticketed, and I received an e-mail from my bank for the charge but I am certain in the past under my trips there was an ability to print a proper receipt and e-ticket vs. print out the e-mail itself.

Is this new? Not a very useful change if the e-mail is the only evidence of an actual ticket number.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.