Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA LAX-HKG 777-300ER / 77W discussion, issues, etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA LAX-HKG 777-300ER / 77W discussion, issues, etc.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2016, 3:25 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
It's really disappointing if there are cutbacks. Thought this was gonna replicate the premiumness of LAX-SYD
Old Nov 11, 2016, 5:42 am

Programs: UA Plt /Delta DM/ Marriott Platinum Prem./Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Globalist /Hertz PS / National EE
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
It's really disappointing if there are cutbacks. Thought this was gonna replicate the premiumness of LAX-SYD
Mattress pad and PJs yes. Everything else = worst service / food in the skies. Doug Parker hates premium anything. Remember he's the one who said "it's all about the seat " in business class. He may be right but nasty F/As and disgusting airplanes wont win any fans. These "new " 77Ws are not being well taken care of at all. Ours was filthy from the second we boarded
Old Nov 11, 2016, 6:04 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by neilah
I am surprised this route is so popular.

anybody can buy new planes and fly them between whatever two city pairs they want. However, AA doesn't seem to care one bit that the FA's that fly them are subpar and the quality of snacks and other in-flight amenities are also subpar on these ULH flights. AA isn't used to flying such long haul flights and it shows.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 6:12 am
Suspended

AA 73 LAX-SYD and AA 193 LAX-HKG both cancelled 10 Nov 2016

Was wondering if anyone knows the reason why both AA long hauls out of LAX canceled last night. Both on new 77W aircraft. The SYD and the HKG flights. Looks like both DL and UA got their respective SYD flights out of LAX on time so I am left to wonder what happened? Flightaware does not list the reason nor does AA.bomb.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 6:56 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, United
This seems to be discussed in CX forum http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...-cz-plane.html
Old Nov 11, 2016, 6:58 am
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
As noted from one of the responses, if you fly this route frequently, all you want for it is to get you there reliably. AA/CX hard product the same. Flight was cancelled AGAIN on Nov 11.

Last edited by 77W_12A; Nov 11, 2016 at 9:41 am Reason: Spelling
Old Nov 11, 2016, 7:19 am

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
So how does a tug hitting another plane impact both AA flights?
Old Nov 11, 2016, 7:26 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by aero0729
I can confirm there are no longer Sundaes served on the LAX-HKG overnight flight. The flight attendants said they do supper service now. Also no buffett setup, not sure if it has ended everywhere but it has ended on the LAX-HKG. I used to like that the mid flight snack had a noodles option or salad but that's not any longer. Breakfast was the only meal that tasted upgraded. I'm in row 8 and try ran out of chocolate croissants. Even when the crew were in the aisle the way they interact is cold , if you don't ask you won't get it. Nothing is offered and I didn't see a single smile. I smiles every time I interacted and got cold faces back. I guess that doesn't matter to most but just am observation.
Originally Posted by SAN_Finn
Two days ago LAX-HKG, no Sundaes and the snack bar is a basket with fig bars and popcorn. Service as usual is non existent but I agree with others that mattress pad and _air_ vents are a big plus. Especially the vents, the suite type seats seem to get very bad air circulation and the vents help a ton.

Will be again on this service next week, timings are really good for me.
I think the snack bar has been downgraded on these flights, because they now offer "Snacks available upon request":

• Antipasto Plate
• Cheese Plate
• Wagyu Beef Burgers

The "Mid-flight Service/Bar" is supposed to have:

• Whole Fruit Basket
• Boulder Kettle Potato Chips
• Kettle Popcorn
• ginnyminis oatmeal cookies
• Gourmet Chocolates

And Sundaes are still supposed to be served. All from http://aacdn.s3.amazonaws.com/galley...1023210828.pdf

Will be on this flight next week to observe for myself again.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by bchandler02
So how does a tug hitting another plane impact both AA flights?
It blocks the access way.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 8:38 am

Last edited by apgreddy2; Jun 22, 2017 at 1:54 pm
Old Nov 11, 2016, 8:40 am

Programs: CX Diamond, AA CK (quit 2018), Starwood Platinum, National EXC Elite
Originally Posted by 77W_12A
As noted from one of the responses, if you fly this route frequently, all you want for it is to get you their reliably. AA/CX hard product the same. Flight was cancelled AGAIN on Nov 11.
Exact reason why I have moved all my J biz to CX. Go to HKG every 3-4 weeks and this year has been painful, particularly with the introduction of the LAX flight (which is more convenient for me, but terribly unreliable, and the knock of effect that creates)
Old Nov 11, 2016, 9:30 am

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
It blocks the access way.
Long enough to warrant 2 cancelled flights? That seems a little odd to me.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by bchandler02
Long enough to warrant 2 cancelled flights? That seems a little odd to me.
Well, you probably aren't going to want to further damage a multimillion dollar piece of machinery by going "well, sorry about your 777, but we gotta push these AA flights, so that thing you want to do before you get your plane safely out of the way, can't do it."

That being said, I have zero expertise in airport ground operations, so this is all a guess on my part. Pretty sure AA doesn't want to cancel longhaul flights and rebook a few hundred customers for no good reason, though.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 10:08 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Cue the ground operations experts.

I am 100% certain that AA wanted a reason to cancel a highly-profitable TPAC flight and inconvenience some of its most profitable passengers for no good reason at no risk to one of its aircraft.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 10:21 am

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
I came into this thread looking for an AA operational problem. It sort of is, but isn't too.

It is already known that any small issue at LAX causes problems. I am not quite sure why AA couldn't get their flights except the service areas were just not going to clear up soon enough to make the flight feasible.

Rasheed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.