Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Do credit card EQM count toward additional SWUs?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2016, 9:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), Marriott Tit

I.e. if I earn 145K EQM by flying and 10K via credit card, will I receive the 2 extra SWUs?

(Mods feel free to merge; I couldn't find an aporopriate existing thread.)
Old Aug 25, 2016, 10:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Yes you will.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 11:08 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I doubt it - I could be wrong, but remember the credit card EQM do not count for Million ?Miler, they never generated redeemable miles; they have in my experience merely been empty counters toward status fulfillment.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 6:22 am

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
EQMs should be EQMs. AA says you get 2 extra SWU at 150K EQM and I haven't seen any exclusion noted as to the source of those EQMs.

Even if they are "empty counters toward status fulfillment" reaching 150K is a form of "status fulfillment" for those extra SWUs.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 7:27 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by JDiver
I doubt it - I could be wrong, but remember the credit card EQM do not count for Million ?Miler, they never generated redeemable miles; they have in my experience merely been empty counters toward status fulfillment.
Actually I would assume the opposite. The EQM and million miler counters are already different. For example, fly a short hop and the EQM counter goes up by 500, but the million miler goes up by the actual mileage.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 8:04 am

Programs: AA: EXP MR: Ti
The 10k credit card EQM count towards annual status and SWUs
Old Aug 26, 2016, 8:56 am

Programs: DL Silver, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
The EQM's from the Citi card do not count towards SWU. I got them, they didn't and I asked AA who replied "The Citi EQM's count toward elite status, but only flown segments count toward the upgrade accrual."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.