Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Worst behavior you've seen in an Admirals Club?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Worst behavior you've seen in an Admirals Club?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2016, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by Ber2dca
I've not eaten from a buffet in years because I've seen people at buffet type scenarios sneeze on food, cough on it, pick at it and take it and put it back.

I always thought it funny that lounges have this air of status but in many cases it's essentially just a not especially well-stocked cafeteria in an airport.
I like the lounge for the one otherwise impossible to find airport commodity: silence
Old Jul 18, 2016, 5:40 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold
Originally Posted by JBD
Being able to deplane first, or close to first provides a myriad of advantages. If someone thinks I'm a schmuck for this behavior so be it.
And because something offers advantages to you, regardless of consideration to the rest of the world, then you do it. That's fine.

The guy eating the cookies (From the original post) may have just thought the same, he found a myriad of advantages to not using the [thongs] tongs, and when people called him out on it, he thought "I am pig for this behavior, so be it!".

Ahh, and the world goes round and round

Last edited by carlosdca; Jul 18, 2016 at 7:02 pm
Old Jul 18, 2016, 5:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by carlosdca
... he found a myriad of advantages to not using the thongs
I'd actually much prefer that he used his bare hands, thanks
Old Jul 18, 2016, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by Ber2dca
I've not eaten from a buffet in years because I've seen people at buffet type scenarios sneeze on food, cough on it, pick at it and take it and put it back.
You know, I'm the opposite. I used to think about that kind of stuff, but at some point I realized that it hadn't killed me yet, and I just stopped thinking about it.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by Elbowrm
I like the lounge for the one otherwise impossible to find airport commodity: silence
I agree that the lack of noise can be a big bonus. But at the same time, I've found empty gates to be the best option for silence at major airports. You can often spend hours essentially by yourself at a LHR gate reserved for a much later long-haul flight.

Meanwhile in the Galleries T5 lounge, silence isn't very typical at all.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by arlflyer
You know, I'm the opposite. I used to think about that kind of stuff, but at some point I realized that it hadn't killed me yet, and I just stopped thinking about it.
I never used to care until I started spending much of my time around Americans. And it's one of those eye-opening things where once it's in your head, it's in your head.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Radiant Flyer
I frequent the Flagship Lounge at JFK and the worst I've seen are the those who abuse the free alcohol. This seems to happen most before the flights to the UK, loud, obnoxious, drunk and rude.
I always find this interesting. You'd think that someone with FL access can afford alcohol.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 6:28 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by WRCSolberg
I frankly just don't care enough to go around policing peoples' behavior over some nasty, complimentary finger food.
Yet you clearly took the time to entertain the topic, read, comprehend, and post in this thread! But ago and pretend to be indifferent.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 9:20 am

Programs: AA Peon Gold
Originally Posted by AAerSTL
Yet you clearly took the time to entertain the topic, read, comprehend, and post in this thread! But ago and pretend to be indifferent.
You're awfully defensive for a comment that wasn't directed at you.

Did I hit too close to home there? Do you fancy yourself the guardian of the finger foods when you're in the AC?
Old Jul 19, 2016, 1:28 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Shaming peoole for the sake of shaming is neither useful nor in keeping with the purpose of FlyerTalk. When the thread deteriorates into national stereotypes and bashing, calling out other members it's in violation of the FT Rules.

Thread now closed.

/Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.