Wiki Posts
Search

Changes for Biz class checkin at CDG?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2016, 7:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Executive Platinum, One World Emerald, IC Royal Ambassador
Changes for Biz class checkin at CDG?

This week departing CDG, there was no Business Class line/lane for checkin. It was all lumped under Priority. That's any status level and credit card holders. The line was insane. 3 weeks ago, there was the usual red carpet and business check in counter with maybe 2-3 pax in line. Does anyone know if this is permanent? If so, VERY poor. I rely on expedited checkin. Thanks for any insight.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 9:33 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Shopfranceinc
This week departing CDG, there was no Business Class line/lane for checkin. It was all lumped under Priority. That's any status level and credit card holders. The line was insane. 3 weeks ago, there was the usual red carpet and business check in counter with maybe 2-3 pax in line. Does anyone know if this is permanent? If so, VERY poor. I rely on expedited checkin. Thanks for any insight.
consider yourself lucky to see the red carpet
Have seen this before at LHR, gates to small to account for the amount of passengers, everyone get lumped together, and by the way, if there was a seperate line is was obsured with other passengers
Old Jul 5, 2016, 10:05 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Saw the same thing flying out of DUB in J last week. Luckily the line was still much shorter than the main cabin line.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 11:44 am

Programs: AAdvantage (Platinum)
In mid-June I flex biz from CDG & only noticed 2 queues for checkin. I didn't pay attention to how the non-coach line was labeled, but given the lack of a third line/option I deduce that biz & priority were lumped together. There were only 2-3 pax ahead of me in line but the 2 agents took a long time handling the pax already at the counter.

I don't understand why the agents in Europe usually have to type out a whole essay into the system just to check someone in (besides the fact they're contractors, but regardless it's a regular & periodic task for them). At CDG the issue the agent mentioned was having to reduce the checked bag count from 2 to 1. He said this usually happens when someone first tries to use a kiosk at the airport, though in my case I had only used the AA iphone app to checkin (which didn't ask about me checked bags).
Old Jul 5, 2016, 11:47 am

Programs: Free Agent, Any Status is Accidental
I saw this at CDG 2 weeks ago as well... was utter chaos. I only had a carry-on and my mobile boarding pass and wanted to get a security fast-pass from checkin (after reading here it was necessary). After seeing the line I gave up and went to security, but found out that the agents guarding the priority security and immigration lines will let you through after scanning your mobile boarding pass (no 'pink slip' required).
Old Jul 6, 2016, 8:20 am

Programs: AA Million Miler, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Arrrgh, this sounds annoying. I have a 9:40 am flight from CDG to ORD next week - I will just have a carry on. I wonder if I can just check in online or on my phone and go direct to security.

Ditto on the European agents - what ARE they writing in the system? I mean, seriously, 10 mins per passenger seems to be the norm.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 8:28 am

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum; Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by TAPAL10
Arrrgh, this sounds annoying. I have a 9:40 am flight from CDG to ORD next week - I will just have a carry on. I wonder if I can just check in online or on my phone and go direct to security.

Ditto on the European agents - what ARE they writing in the system? I mean, seriously, 10 mins per passenger seems to be the norm.
You most definitely can just do online checkin and use your mobile boarding pass. Even without the special purple slip, I still had access to priority security.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 11:27 am

Programs: AA Million Miler, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
To report back, I flew out of CDG July 14. Arrived on train at 7:10 am for my 9:40 am flight to ORD - the check in counter is indeed labeled as priority - including Priority Access and OW elites and is the only separate line from main cabin. About 3 groups ahead of me - 4-5 agents and one security person asking the questions which I thought were rather basic. I had checked in online but was curious about this. I was also curious about the purple express pass which I received and used the express security lines - although the lines were short anyhow so I didn't perceive and enormous time difference.

I was in the lounge no later than 7:50 am.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat 4MM, AA Life Plat, Lufthansa FT, Delta Basic
There have never been more than 2 lanes and the "upper" lane has always been marked "Priority".

AFTER you have passed the agents with the security questions, the flow sort of divides into 2 sub-lanes marked" First" and "Business", wth no enforcement . The agents just wave to you and it is rather good humored.

AFAIK, the OP is not reporting anything new. Maybe on occasions the Priority lane is longer than usual, but I have never noticed any bad situation in spite of passing there about once a month during the past umpteen (or even umpty) years.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Cofyknsult
There have never been more than 2 lanes and the "upper" lane has always been marked "Priority".

AFTER you have passed the agents with the security questions, the flow sort of divides into 2 sub-lanes marked" First" and "Business", wth no enforcement . The agents just wave to you and it is rather good humored.

AFAIK, the OP is not reporting anything new. Maybe on occasions the Priority lane is longer than usual, but I have never noticed any bad situation in spite of passing there about once a month during the past umpteen (or even umpty) years.
This is not true, on my last trip there were three lanes, First, Priority, and Main Cabin. They wouldn't let you in the First line unless you were headed to DFW which was the only flight that had F. As an EXP traveling in J I was upset about not being let into the F lane.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 5:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
FWIW I've only ever seen one Priority line (no F/J split after the initial "security check").
Old Jul 15, 2016, 7:11 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Hertz Precs Crcl
Originally Posted by FAA1996
This is not true, on my last trip there were three lanes, First, Priority, and Main Cabin. They wouldn't let you in the First line unless you were headed to DFW which was the only flight that had F. As an EXP traveling in J I was upset about not being let into the F lane.
In that case they were violation of both OW and AA published OWE/EXP benefits. (And yes, it is still on the current AA.COM website here, although you do have to open up the "More information about benefits at the airport" section.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.