Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Website pricing/re-pricing problems past 2 days?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2016, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat

Keep trying to do multi-city searches; AA.com returns a price, click through and then it reprices and won't let me beyond that screen. Same when clicking through on Google flights! AA glitch or my ineptitude??
Old Jun 16, 2016, 8:03 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Bronze
I've noticed the same thing, can't explain the why of it, but you're not going crazy.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 8:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG / Marriott GLD, HHonors GLD
Originally Posted by boss315
Keep trying to do multi-city searches; AA.com returns a price, click through and then it reprices and won't let me beyond that screen. Same when clicking through on Google flights! AA glitch or my ineptitude??

Same. Sometimes it'll even give the error and say the price is lower! To which point when i hit continue it jumps back up to the other price and says it repriced.

Hitting continue just cycles through the two prices and doesn't let you book.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 8:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
This is a well known, and well reported issued. There are a couple of threads elsewhere on FT about this. Having just experienced this last weekend, I will tell you it's frustrating to see a price and attempt to book/ticket it and be unable to. Most of the OTAs (Orbitz, Priceline, etc.) may show the same fare or absurdly higher, but even if you're able to replicate the fare you probably won't be able to ticket it. Even American Express travel would show me the same price, but when I tried to book, come back with an error that the fare is no longer available.

The workaround is to book with a website like OneTravel.com, CheapOAir.com or CheapAir.com. You'll pay slightly more due to their fees, but they're able to push through the reservation, in the respective fare class, and get it ticketed. Not sure how, but they do. I ended up using CheapAir.com for a few reservations over the weekend since their fees were lower than the other two (OneTravel and CheapOAir are owned by the same company anyways) and was also able to get $4 cash back by going through Ebates.

There's also no way to call in to AA web support and price it with them. I've tried. They'll see the fare class space but can't select and replicate the fare. They always end up telling me that if I'm able to put it on hold on the website they'll help me ticket it.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 11:50 am

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by boss315
This isn't new and has been happening (in some, but not all, cases) for..well..feels like forever.

(ETA: It's downright ridiculous that AA still has not fixed it)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.