Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2018 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2018 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2018, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by AtomicLush
AA 193
LAX-HKG
11/27/2018

Not sure why the AA online system called it a stir-fry, but it was actually braised beef. Beef was a bit dry and chewy, but the veggies and rice was quite decent. They also miscatered this flight and had less PE meals than there were passengers, so one or two people got regular economy meals instead. I had the PE western breakfast while my travel companion had the Economy western breakfast. Quality was different between the two, particularly the ham (PE = slices of ham “steak” that were thicker; Econ = one slice of deli ham that were thin and meant to be put inside a sandwich).

Mid flight snack was a basically a cheese pizza hot pocket and a cup of ice cream. Appreciated the ice cream, but the hot pocket was a disgusting soggy mess.
I'm hoping someone will pre order a meal in PE since the meals in PE seem to be domestic F meals, the domestic Diabetic meal seems to be a clear winner when it comes to content and portions, just wondering if it translate into PE.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 2:25 pm

Food on the return HND-LAX last week was more disappointing than the flight out. However, the most infuriating thing was that they didn’t have a special meal preorder, and one cabin crew was incredibly rude throughout the flight. Shame, because the other crew members all were polite and helpful.

Same lnnthe flight out.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 1:22 pm

Programs: JAL Diamond, BAEC Gold, AS 75K, VS Gold, AC 50K, WoH Globalist, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold

LHR-LAX J meal on AA109. Am tempted to order the Seafood Bouillabaisse.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 5:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
I'm hoping someone will pre order a meal in PE since the meals in PE seem to be domestic F meals, the domestic Diabetic meal seems to be a clear winner when it comes to content and portions, just wondering if it translate into PE.
I'm on it. Flying DFW-NRT in PE on 12/16, I have chosen Asian Vegetarian (lunch). Of course, I have an SWU waitlisted and the cabin is only 19/35 full so we'll see... but if I miss, I'll post a report.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by JALOO5-Flyer

LHR-LAX J meal on AA109. Am tempted to order the Seafood Bouillabaisse.

I have the same thing on a CDG-DFW leg in a few weeks and went with the chicken.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 9:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
For HKG-LAX in F on 12/23, I have the following options:

• Salt Pepper Lamb Chops
    red miso glazed pumpkin, jade rice, plum pinot noir sauce
  • Foie Gras Stuffed Squab
    potato lotus flower, roasted tomatoes, cranberry demi-glace
  • Noodle Crusted Jumbo Shrimp
    braised bamboo, hot and sour mushroom sauce
  • Marinated Fried Tofu Steak
    egg noodles, lo sui sauce
This is the first time, as far as I'm aware, that the four-option "beef, chicken, fish, or veg" are all alternates (lamb, squab, shrimp, tofu).

But I don't think that will stop the FAs from calling the lamb "the beef" or the squab "the chicken."

I'm going with the lamb chops for now.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 9:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Anyone had the Asian Vegetarian departing Barcelona?
Old Dec 6, 2018, 5:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Frequent Flyer
Christmas Menu?

Hello, occasional visitor from the BA board here.

I have my first AA longhaul flight coming up, flying LHR / MIA on AA 39 on 22nd December in F. The lunch choices are extremely uninspiring:

Lunch meals

• Choose later
  • Umami Crusted Beef Tenderloin, confit barrel chips, mushroom ketchup
  • Citrus-Grilled Hake, Gin Mare sauce, Seville orange segments, asparagus
  • Corn-Fed Chicken, braised chorizo and runner beans
  • Aromatic Chickpea, sweet potato, sautéed Padrón peppers and piquillo peppers
  • Asian Vegetarian
BA usually offers a special Christmas menu in the few days before Christmas, usually roast turkey with all the trimmings and it's the only time I get a Christmas meal. Do any regular Christmas flyers know whether AA will also offer an additional turkey option on board?

Otherwise I'm really not sure what to choose - I have seen pictures and descriptions of the umami tenderloin up-thread and it does not inspire me! Having a surprise turkey dinner is my biggest hope right now.

Thank you very much for any knowledge regulars may have.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 6:54 am

Programs: AA - My other choices are severely limited

Can anyone make a recommendation for my upcoming MIA-LAX and LAX-SYD flights?
TY, N.M.P.

Last edited by Nomorepretzels; Dec 6, 2018 at 6:58 am Reason: added attachments
Old Dec 6, 2018, 7:58 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by Inselhuepfer
Do any regular Christmas flyers know whether AA will also offer an additional turkey option on board?
I have never seen a special Christmas menu on AA.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 1:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Frequent Flyer
Originally Posted by Andriyko
I have never seen a special Christmas menu on AA.
Ah, that's a shame! Thanks very much for you response, I'll do the on-the-day- lottery in that case.

Old Dec 7, 2018, 5:01 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Youngtraveldude

+1 on this one as I have it for BCN-JFK next month. Anyone have any of them? Currently have the beef selected but I am intrigued by the chicken and the salmon combo with all it comes with sounds like it has potential as well.
Just landed about 2 hours ago after a pleasant BCN-JFK in J flight. I did in fact have the broccoli stuffed Chicken dish and it was pretty tasty. The chicken was a bit dry but the broccoli helped with that. I’m a pasta lover, so the Schupfnudeln (never heard of it before) helped make my decision to choose this dish and I liked it as well. The meat pies serves before arrival were decent as well. I’d order the chicks dish again.

Braised Beef
horseradish sauce, sweet potato mash, brown butter, creamed savoy cabbage

Broccoli-Stuffed Chicken
tomato marinara sauce, roasted Schupfnudeln, cherry tomatoes on the vine

Honey and Soy Marinated Salmon
teriyaki sauce, edamame, grits, broccoli

Potato Korma Curry
dal makhani, basmati rice, sautéed spinach, paratha bread
Old Dec 10, 2018, 10:11 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott GFL
Hi all!
Normally a BA flyer, but have due to a schedule change been reacommodated on an AA DFW-LHR. Flying Economy Plus(?), curious if the meal will be standard economy meal or something a bit nicer. All input appreciated.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by LCSinTexas
Hi all!
Normally a BA flyer, but have due to a schedule change been reacommodated on an AA DFW-LHR. Flying Economy Plus(?), curious if the meal will be standard economy meal or something a bit nicer. All input appreciated.
If you mean that you're in Premium Economy (the counterpart to BA's WTP), then you'll find the meal to be closer to a US Domestic First Class meal (see pictures above). I imagine that's what you're in.

If, however, you're in Main Cabin Extra, then that's just regular economy with better legroom and a regular economy meal.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 11:28 pm

Surprised to see five choices for my upcoming DFW-NRT (just cleared 5 days out). Lunch flight. Going with top option unless someone says it's a terrible idea. Will post pics on the flip side.

• Traditional Japanese Meal
    • "Dainomono: grilled pork filet with yuzu miso sauce, grilled sea bass ""yu-an"" style"
  • Porcini Crusted Filet Mignon
    • ​​​​​​​chanterelle mushroom corn pudding, roasted asparagus, Café de Paris butter
  • Bourbon-Glazed Salmon
    • fig and roasted pepper orzo, sugar snap peas, cherry tomato
  • Santa Fe-Style Enchiladas
    • roasted squash, baby spinach, queso fresco, grilled corn
  • Dainomono
    • simmered chicken sukiyaki style, grilled salmon with Japanese-style tartar sauce

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.