Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2018 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2018 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2018, 2:54 am

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Hilton Honors Gold, Bonvoy Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Has anyone done the Non-Lactose meal in International Biz? I normally just take my chances with the standard meal options, but wondered about this. I haven't always had the best luck with "special meals" on AA.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 7:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ryan182
Early December, AA109 (LHR-LAX) in F:
  • Asian-style Beef Cheeks Asian-style Beef Cheeks soy chili glaze, sugar snap peas, rice
  • Braised Chicken Leg Braised Chicken Leg red wine sauce, truffled spelt
  • Seared Sea Bream Seared Sea Bream salsa verde, potato mash, Jerusalem artichokes
  • Gnocchi Primavera Gnocchi Primavera selected for nut-free pesto, fresh vegetables
Any suggestions?
I ended up going for the Beef Cheeks, was pretty good. The appetizer I ordered the crab but also had asked to have my meal 3ish hours into the flight, well at that time the FA apologized that while the paperwork showed 4 loaded and she only gave out 3 she couldn't find the last one so switched to the asparagus. Also noted that seems they cheapened the menus in F a bit, flight was otherwise good. I passed on the pre-arrival meals as I knew I would be heading to FFD once I landed also seems rather cheap that their pre-landing meals are basically mid-con lunch options.

Old Dec 13, 2018, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by ryan182
I ended up going for the Beef Cheeks, was pretty good. The appetizer I ordered the crab but also had asked to have my meal 3ish hours into the flight, well at that time the FA apologized that while the paperwork showed 4 loaded and she only gave out 3 she couldn't find the last one so switched to the asparagus. Also noted that seems they cheapened the menus in F a bit, flight was otherwise good. I passed on the pre-arrival meals as I knew I would be heading to FFD once I landed also seems rather cheap that their pre-landing meals are basically mid-con lunch options.

I had the chicken earlier this month. It wasn't just edible, it was tasty!
Old Dec 13, 2018, 4:03 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Hilton Honors Gold, Bonvoy Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by JALOO5-Flyer

LHR-LAX J meal on AA109. Am tempted to order the Seafood Bouillabaisse.
I ended up going with the Gnocchi last nite and thought it was pretty good, honestly. Incredibly filling, however. I could only eat half.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 11:04 am

Programs: AA EXP
LAX-HND Menu - Dainomono vs traditional japanese meal?

Hi I have an upcoming flight LAX-HND and below is the menu. A few days ago there was also "Traditional Japanese Meal" listed as the first option with a different menu description but every time I tried to select it, it wouldn't save. Twitter team said Dainomono was the traditional japanese meal but didn't know why there were two things listed. Does anyone know if what is selected is considered the Japanese meal?

Old Dec 14, 2018, 12:37 pm

The Traditional Japanese Meal should be a box catered by Japan Airlines , it's also one of the highlights of flying to or from HND/NRT. Plenty of great tasting seafood in it, highly recommended.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by Frequentflight
The Traditional Japanese Meal should be a box catered by Japan Airlines , it's also one of the highlights of flying to or from HND/NRT. Plenty of great tasting seafood in it, highly recommended.
Thanks - I know that part. What I don't know is if what I selected is the traditional japanese meal, or should it be listed as "traditional japanese meal". AA via twitter told me they were the same but I don't think they are. Do you need to call to order the traditional japanese meal?
Old Dec 14, 2018, 2:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by britz
Thanks - I know that part. What I don't know is if what I selected is the traditional japanese meal, or should it be listed as "traditional japanese meal". AA via twitter told me they were the same but I don't think they are. Do you need to call to order the traditional japanese meal?
I think there was a glitch showing five options instead of four, where one option was "Traditional Japanese Meal" (with Dainomono as a subheader) and the other was "Dainomono" -- I don't think it was intended to have those as two separate options but maybe I'm wrong.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
I think there was a glitch showing five options instead of four, where one option was "Traditional Japanese Meal" (with Dainomono as a subheader) and the other was "Dainomono" -- I don't think it was intended to have those as two separate options but maybe I'm wrong.
Thank you! So it seems what we have ordered, listed as Dainomono, will be the Traditional Japanese Meal. Looking forward to trying it!
Old Dec 16, 2018, 11:28 am

Programs: AA Concierge Key, AA Lifetime Plat, SPG Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum, United Plat
Has anyone been on the morning/day flight ORD-LHR recently and can comment on snack offering / second service? Am on a low carb diet so unfortunately have to plan ahead sometimes.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by uncguy85
Has anyone been on the morning/day flight ORD-LHR recently and can comment on snack offering / second service? Am on a low carb diet so unfortunately have to plan ahead sometimes.
Not sure about the rotation but this was the 10am JFK-LHR flight in September.

... the Croque Monsieur with quinoa salad..

Quinoa salad was refreshing.

While that croque (or cheese sandwich as our FA called it) was really quite good.

Mid cabin snack counter...

Old Dec 17, 2018, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Has anyone else noticed increased FA laziness in meal service? I know flights after 9pm typically get appetizer and main dish served together. All three JFK-MXP flights (not delayed), HKG-LAX, and MIA-EZE have all
improvised and rushed the service so much. I get short flights, but this seems to be up to the FA who always opts for faster so they can lounge around with a magazine instead.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 3:03 pm

Light meal was the same on ORD-LHR morning flight today. Agree on the quinoa. The sandwich was luke warm, however.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 12:40 pm

TATL Snacks in F

Has anyone else seen the updated snacks that are put out in F between the meals? They're very poor. There are little bowls (like those used for the nuts) with either minuscule portions of turkey or pastrami with a sad lettuce leaf, wrapped in cling film, or dry, prepackaged ham sandwiches. The previous open-faced sandwiches didn't seem very premium, but this is definitely a step back.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 3:46 am

Originally Posted by uncguy85
yes was on that flight a few days ago. Second meal service was like a hot pocket. Don’t think the shell will work well for a low carb diet, but if you are doing keto, you could just eat the filling inside, tho I think it wouldn’t be very appetizing. This is for economy class.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.