Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2018 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2018 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2018, 10:11 am

Programs: AA Plat, National EE, Marriott Plat, HH Gold, SPG Plat
Seafood Bouillabaisse out of BCN since I haven’t seen anyone post it. Was fairly impressed! Had nice saffron flavor and shrimp, i think mackerel (not my favorite) and scallops. Polenta was well seasoned and went well with the broth. Flight attendant commented this presentation from BCN looked a lot better than out of MAD and LHR on her previous flights.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by jrb CO

Going for the oso buco tomorrow night and the roast chicken on the return (if I end up taking that flight, plans for the return are still in flux). I will report back.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 8:56 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott GFL
Smile

Originally Posted by PresRDC
Going for the oso buco tomorrow night and the roast chicken on the return (if I end up taking that flight, plans for the return are still in flux). I will report back.
The oso buco was fantastic last time I had it, have not tried the roast chicken so will be looking forward to your review.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 7:54 am

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Originally Posted by swingaling
It really shows... F service was fine, though the seat is an ill-conceived waste of space. In contrast, QR's Qsuite (and service) bests AA's "F" in every single aspect (and by a huge margin).

When I read your report a couple days ago, I was shocked by how good that steak looked. The slop AA serves looks like dog food.
With the other OW option from BOS/PVD being BA's very substandard F product (especially when compared with QR), I would offer IMHO that AA's F is a better choice in terms of seat comfort. Not excusing the pAAthetic meal though; that steak looks sad. On this routing though, lesson learned: use Flagship or CX dining at JFK and maybe just grab a night cap on the flight over...
Old Oct 4, 2018, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by LCSinTexas
The oso buco was fantastic last time I had it, have not tried the roast chicken so will be looking forward to your review.
Oso buco was fine. Only issue I had with it was that the "risotto" was actually orzo pasta and not rice.

Probably now not flying back through London (going to India instead), so likely no review. Will probably fly home on Qatar.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 5:07 pm

Programs: AFKL PLT, BA Gold, SK Gold, AY Gold, A3 Silver, LH FTL, IHG Gold, Marriott Silver
  • Mediterranean-style Lamb potato gratin, pesto alla genovese with pumpkin seeds
  • Miso-glazed Chicken Supreme hollandaise sauce, butternut squash purée, fried spring onions
  • Butterfish with Pumpernickel Topping red pepper sauce, creamy potato risotto, fennel with orange vinaigrette, Romanesco
  • Tomato and Mozzarella Cannelloni pesto rosso sauce, creamy spinach
These are my options for LHR-CLT in J in early November. Is it just me or are these again some weird combos...chicken with miso? Pumpernickel topping on a fish? Does anyone have any experience on any of these choices?
Old Oct 9, 2018, 5:16 pm

Miso-glazed chicken sounds good. Combined with hollandaise, though???
I'd probably go with the lamb from those choices.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by DALtoAAL
  • Mediterranean-style Lamb potato gratin, pesto alla genovese with pumpkin seeds
  • Miso-glazed Chicken Supreme hollandaise sauce, butternut squash purée, fried spring onions
  • Butterfish with Pumpernickel Topping red pepper sauce, creamy potato risotto, fennel with orange vinaigrette, Romanesco
These are my options for LHR-CLT in J in early November. Is it just me or are these again some weird combos...chicken with miso? Pumpernickel topping on a fish? Does anyone have any experience on any of these choices?
It honestly looks like they put 20 "fancy" ingredient names in a bag and then randomly picked them to create each entree.
PUCCI GALORE and GWFan like this.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pmblinn
It honestly looks like they put 20 "fancy" ingredient names in a bag and then randomly picked them to create each entree.
Or it's some sick episode of Chopped.
platbrownguy, pmblinn and GWFan like this.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 8:57 am

Programs: AA Exec Plt, SPG Platinum
LHR - DFW in F later this month. Choices are pretty weak. Suggestions? Thinking the roasted chicken.

​​​​​Creamed Beetroot Spelt Creamed Beetroot Spelt
goat cheese, watercress

​​​​​​Organic Scottish Salmon Organic Scottish Salmon
jasmine rice, pak choi, Asian spices

​​​​​​Braised Tuscan Beef Stew Braised Tuscan Beef Stew
crispy polenta, roasted tomato
​​​​​​
Roast Chicken Dinner Roast Chicken Dinner
herbed sausage dressing, heritage carrots
Old Oct 11, 2018, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I hate both beets and goat cheese. Salmon is prone to overcooking, and being dried out (I like salmon medium-rare, like steak ), so could be risky, though YMMV. I had what was probably the same dish ex-LHR a year ago and it was a bit overcooked for my tastes. FWIW, I had salmon on DL in J a few months later and it was delicious.

I'd think both the beef stew and roast chicken are good options, they actually both sound tasty to me!
AANYC1981 and kmersh like this.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 4:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP; HHonors Gold; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by bustraveler
LHR - DFW in F later this month. Choices are pretty weak. Suggestions? Thinking the roasted chicken.

​​​​​Creamed Beetroot Spelt Creamed Beetroot Spelt
goat cheese, watercress

​​​​​​Organic Scottish Salmon Organic Scottish Salmon
jasmine rice, pak choi, Asian spices

​​​​​​Braised Tuscan Beef Stew Braised Tuscan Beef Stew
crispy polenta, roasted tomato
​​​​​​
Roast Chicken Dinner Roast Chicken Dinner
herbed sausage dressing, heritage carrots
Those are my choices on a flight in early November LHR-LAX. I'm thinking of going with the beef stew.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 3:49 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Technically int'l but just the same old domestic meals:

ORD-YVR (went out with 4 empty seats up front. I should have had an empty seat next to me but this clueless CK plopped down in the wrong seat based on what her BP said for a seat assignment).
Oasis 738 (lucky me!)....FA's are still getting used to the new row numbering (starting with 1 versus 3 etc)
Bulkhead Seat (legroom is noticeably tighter!)
Lunch

PDB - kind of.....tray of water/OJ came out, I asked for a bloody mary and it was granted.

Ricotta pasta dish or vietnamese chicken salad.

I've now had this same appetizer twice and can't figure out what it is........it's gross either way:

Only cookies for dessert, no snack basket

Refills were pretty frequently offered
Old Oct 15, 2018, 10:57 am

Flying LAX-LHR in a few weeks and here are the options: ( I need a dictionary to understand this menu)
  • Braised Short Ribs, brown basmati rice, kimchi pickled red cabbage, bulgogi sauce
  • Red Snapper Tagine, celery and carrot couscous, sautéed vegetables
  • Buffalo Skillet Chicken, jalapeño cheddar corn cakes, Gorgonzola, golden beet and carrot slaw
  • Bulgur and Feta Stuffed Portobello Mushroom Roasted golden beets, crumbled fontina, arrabbiata sauce
Funny, my friends and I were just talking about how we've been dying to eat golden beets and pickled cabbage and arrabbiata fortina, How about a steak, or breaded-something/anything, or a simple pasta dish? How about a potato in one of the 4 meals?
Old Oct 15, 2018, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by DALtoAAL
I've had the miso-glazed chicken a few times and enjoyed it. .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.