Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade notified by phone

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2016, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat
Upgrade notified by phone

I woke up this morning, looked at my phone, and saw a voicemail notice from AA. The message was from a real human, not a recording, letting me know I had been upgraded for my flight on Saturday and what my new seat assignment was. The call came in at 0530 mountain time (I live in central, which would still a bit early for that kind of phone call).

This is the first time I've received a call like this. FWIW, I received the usual email about two hours later.

Definitely not complaining, just curious if anyone else had started receiving these and if it is going to become SOP. Seems like it probably isn't the best use of manpower, but the personal touch is nice in a way.

Last edited by GrumpyYoungMan; Jun 14, 2016 at 9:55 am Reason: Clarification
Old Jun 14, 2016, 8:31 am

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Strange.

I had an upgrade post this past weekend, on Saturday morning, for a Sunday flight. Normal process ensued: e-mail notification. No phone call.

No idea why you received a call but I would agree that it would be an odd use of resources if this was some new SOP. I doubt it is, but can't imagine why you got a call.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.