Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2 PNR's and Weather IRROPS

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2016, 10:39 am
Original Poster

2 PNR's and Weather IRROPS

So not really worried yet, but I definitely want to be prepared in case this does happen next week.

Long story short: I've got 2 separate tickets from DEN to MIA and MIA to DCA respectively next Tuesday (it was really cheap for some reason). I just saw the news that there is decent potential for a tropical storm/hurricane to develop and hit Southern Florida around that time next week.

So, a few questions:

1. I know AA cannot combine PNRs, but should I go ahead and call them to ask them to possibly put a note in the system and "link" them, or what other options are there
2. If AA does issue a travel waiver next week, will they be able to change my flights to say DEN-CLT and CLT-DCA or another combination over the phone, or will that cause problems.

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance, just want to be prepared!
Old Jun 3, 2016, 11:57 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM; LH FT (*A Silver); Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite; Starwood Corporate Preferred
Well, considering the weather issue MAY actually be in MIA, you might be OK. If things go IRROP they will probably be more amenable to a full reroute at that time since the "pivot point" in your two separate tickets is in the problem spot.

Linking them won't really help much in IMO at this time. Linked PNRs, in the system, are only linked by a comment and not systematically. If things go IRROP the auto reaccom system will not see the comment linking them and will not auto rebook you as a single trip. You will have to call AA at that point and fix them as two separate tickets.

So this is my long way of saying, I personally don't see any benefit in linking them as you will probably find better results just dealing with the issue (if it happens) on the day of.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 1:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Don't waste your time on the phone asking AA to enter PNR notes. They are completely meaningless other than for manual rebooking when an agent would be alerted that there is another ticket.

In this case, you will either be on the phone or standing at DEN. Do some research in advance to figure out alternatives such as DFW. While AA has no obligation to reroute you (only an obligation, if you miss your onward ticket at MIA to place you on its next DCA service), it will likely do so if you present some alternatives.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.