Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Redeye Meals (non-premium domestic First)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Redeye Meals (non-premium domestic First)

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2016, 5:02 am

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
Originally Posted by sukn
Do let us know if my numbers are off because LAX-CLT at under 2200 miles gets nothing but LAX-PHL gets what I mentioned.
Humus and cheese plate options were served on the SAN-MIA red eye last night. Of course, they had run out of the cheese plate by the time the got to my row. Just as well that I wanted the humus.

Breakfast was offered at what I thought was going to be 90 mins out, but it looks like the winds were favorable and we were actually about half an hour ahead of schedule. I passed on the breakfast.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum BAEC Silver
I flew SFO-CLT last night AA1783. Left late bc the flight crew were late. Departed around 11pm PST and landed at 6:30 EST. Got the pre departure drink, then got it snatched away 2 mins later (I was in group 1 and one of the first few people on the plane). About 10 mins into the flight, all the lights were off and the FA quietly snuck around to those who looked awake and offered cheese or hummus. I think one person had something. I asked for the snack basket and grabbed about 5 things. No further offers of drink so it’s lucky I grabbed a bottle of Coke at the Hudson news place. No offer of any yoghurt or anything else after her stealthy service 10 mins into the fight. For some reason she was banging round the galley a lot during the flight, which I found odd since there was no service provided. I felt like wandering up the back to ask one of the other FAs in coach if I could have a drink... I might post this to AA as a DM on twitter as clearly they didn’t offer anything close to the service they should. The day flight out though - awesome.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by kc1174
I flew SFO-CLT last night AA1783. Left late bc the flight crew were late. Departed around 11pm PST and landed at 6:30 EST. Got the pre departure drink, then got it snatched away 2 mins later (I was in group 1 and one of the first few people on the plane). About 10 mins into the flight, all the lights were off and the FA quietly snuck around to those who looked awake and offered cheese or hummus. I think one person had something. I asked for the snack basket and grabbed about 5 things. No further offers of drink so it’s lucky I grabbed a bottle of Coke at the Hudson news place. No offer of any yoghurt or anything else after her stealthy service 10 mins into the fight. For some reason she was banging round the galley a lot during the flight, which I found odd since there was no service provided. I felt like wandering up the back to ask one of the other FAs in coach if I could have a drink... I might post this to AA as a DM on twitter as clearly they didn’t offer anything close to the service they should. The day flight out though - awesome.
Flying on Asian carriers has broken me of the taboo against pressing the FA call button. If it's there, and I want something, I'm pushing it.
thunderlounge and wrp96 like this.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by kc1174
I hope those of you who are not receiving the proper service write to AA Customer Service and let them know...
wrp96 likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 11:45 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by lobo411
Flying on Asian carriers has broken me of the taboo against pressing the FA call button. If it's there, and I want something, I'm pushing it.
If I'm sitting in an aisle seat, even in first class, I usually just get up and to to the galley to ask for what I want instead of hitting the call button. I do this all the time to get sparkling Dasani.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 1:25 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by formeraa
I hope those of you who are not receiving the proper service write to AA Customer Service and let them know...
I have - I’ll post their response. What gets me is.. cheese.. I’d just spent 2 hours in the lounge consuming the exact same stuff
I know this is a red eye meals thread, but for comparison, here’s what the significant other got on her day flight back today btw (we had to take separate flights back).

Old Jul 26, 2018, 3:09 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
what is that?
Old Jul 26, 2018, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
I don't want a full meal on a less than 6 hour redeye (transcon) - couple of glasses of wine (1 being a PDB) and either some fruit or decent snack basket treats will suffice.
Found a $499 Mint fare on B6 for SAN-BOS redeye a few months back, gave it a try. Passed on the full meal, "fruit" consisted of an apple in plastic wrap, lie flat bed was extremely uncomfortable, little sleep.
Would have been happier on an AA limited recline 737.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by fotographer
what is that?
Looks like a chile relleno on a bed of risotto to me. Not the best-looking one I've ever seen, but chile rellenos often taste better than they look.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 3:10 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Looks like a chile relleno on a bed of risotto to me. Not the best-looking one I've ever seen, but chile rellenos often taste better than they look.
would you eat that.. me no way
Old Jul 27, 2018, 5:10 am

Originally Posted by fotographer
would you eat that.. me no way
Sure, I'd eat it, or at least taste it. People are too much into how food looks. I came of age during the era of "pretty food" and realized that I preferred "tasty food" and that the two do not completely overlap by any means. One of the last things by Bourdain that I read was on the virtues of ugly food.

Now, if it didn't taste good, then that would be a problem.
SamOF likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 7:29 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by arlflyer
AA calls it a "stuffed poblano pepper". That might be the same thing as a chile rellano.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by deeruck
AA calls it a "stuffed poblano pepper". That might be the same thing as a chile rellano.
Yeah, that's a more appropriate (literal) description. Purists would definitely say that it's not a chile relleno because it hasn't been battered and fried.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 7:34 am

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, various hotel
Originally Posted by diver858
lie flat bed was extremely uncomfortable, little sleep.
Would have been happier on an AA limited recline 737.
That seems...extremely unlikely.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.