Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Checking in at GOT

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2016, 9:40 am
Original Poster

Checking in at GOT

I'm flying out of GOT on AA next week, what desk do I use? I typically fly with Star alliance on the other side, the only oneworld desk I saw was BA.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 9:50 am

As AA does not fly to GOT using their own planes you must be on a codeshare. As a result you need to check in with the operating airline (e.g., BA?).
Old Apr 16, 2016, 10:08 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Asiana Club Silver, Flying Blue Ivory
You check-in with the operating airline of the first flight. You can find the operating airline mentioned in your booking together with the flight#.

Where are you flying to on the first leg? What is the flight#?
Old Apr 16, 2016, 10:22 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
AA doesn't serve Göteborg Landvetter Airport in Sweden. If you are flying airberlin, British Airways (including operated by Sun Air) or Finnair (or Finnair operated by Nordic Regional), you will check in at the operating airline's ticket counter.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 10:22 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by telescopic
I'm flying out of GOT on AA next week, what desk do I use? I typically fly with Star alliance on the other side, the only oneworld desk I saw was BA.
If BA is your flight's operating carrier, then you check in with BA even if the flight number on your ticket mentions an AA flight number.

If AY is your flight's operating carrier, then you check in with AY even if the flight number on your ticket mentions an AA flight number.

If AB is your flight's operating carrier, then you check in with AB even if the flight number on your ticket mentions an AA flight number.

If IB is your flight's operating carrier, then you check in with IB even if the flight number on your ticket mentions an AA flight number.

I think you get the point.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 10:26 am
Original Poster

First flight is to LHR (BA operated) then from LHR to LAX then DFW both on AA operated. It is all on a single AA PNR. All right, so I will go to the BA desk and they will hopefully tag my bag to final destination. Thank you
Old Apr 16, 2016, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
First flight is to LHR (BA operated) then from LHR to LAX then DFW both on AA operated. It is all on a single AA PNR. All right, so I will go to the BA desk and they will hopefully tag my bag to final destination. Thank you
They will...
Old Apr 16, 2016, 10:31 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
When you check in, check your bag tags to see that the destination airport where you plan to pick up the bags is mentioned on it. If you have sub-12 hour connections at all the airports on the trip, then, BA@GOT can tag your bag all the way to LAX and DFW. But be aware that you will need to claim your bag for customs purposes at the airport of entry into the US, clear customs there and then have it checked in again just after clearing US customs at the first port of entry into the US.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.