Wiki Posts
Search

Rio de Janeiro to Buenos Aires FF Award

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2016, 9:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors, Hyatt, Alaska, American, United
Rio de Janeiro to Buenos Aires FF Award

I booked a FF award on AA several months ago between GIG and EZE. I am now (along with DH) in Rio and had a question about what to expect for the flights. Leaving 3/16 on TAM 3711 for GRU at 12:09 pm, arriving 1:15 pm. Flight from GRU to EZE in via Qatar 773 departing at 5:50 PM, arriving EZE at 8:45 pm.

Will our bags be checked through to EZE?

Will We need to go through another security screening in GRU?

How far away are the airlines' concourses from each other at GRU?

Is there an exit fee for Brazil that has to be paid separately from the taxes already paid on the tickets? Note that I already paid the Argentinian reciprocity fee so that should not raise any issues.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by pashber; Mar 14, 2016 at 6:59 am Reason: Typo
Old Mar 13, 2016, 10:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
I just returned from Brazil and there was no exit fee.

I'm not sure about the other questions but I think If you are transferring from the domestic terminal to the international terminal at GRU, yes you have to be re-screened, sort of like LAX.

Originally Posted by pashber
I booked a FF award on AA several months ago between GIG and EZE. I am now (along with DH) in Rio and had a question about what to expect for the flights. Leaving 3/16 on TAM 3711 for GRU at 12:09 pm, arriving 1:15 pm. Flight from GRU to EZE in via Qatar 773 departing at 5:50 PM, arriving EZE at 8:45 pm.

Is there an exit fee for Brazil that has to be paid separately from the taxes already paid on the tickets? Note that an already paid the Argentinian reciprocity fee so that should not raise any issues.

Old Mar 14, 2016, 12:04 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Originally Posted by pashber

Is there an exit fee for Brazil that has to be paid separately from the taxes already paid on the tickets? Note that an already paid the Argentinian reciprocity fee so that should not raise any issues.

If you are on a separate ticket, then your bags will not be checked through (JJ doesn't checked through bags even with a JJ-JJ connection on separate tickets).

Yes you need to go through another screening in GRU (even on a simple domestic-domestic connection most of the time). Your GIG-GRU will arrive T2 whilst your GRU-EZE will depart in the brand new T3 (comes with very nice lounge too!).

Takes you about 10 minutes to walk between T2 and T3.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 12:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

"If you are on a separate ticket, then your bags will not be checked through"

Since the OP is on an AAdvantage award from GIG to EZE, it seems highly likely that she is traveling on a single ticket.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors, Hyatt, Alaska, American, United
Thanks for the responses! We are indeed traveling on a single ticket, so it looks like our bags will be checked through to EZE.

Looking forward to checking out the new lounge. Traveling in business bc that was all the AA agent managed to pull up. I had to check Avios availability to find this combination. Obtaining FF reservations on this route was tough, but I understand this is par for the course.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.