Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Use my AA credit card to buy brothers ticket, do I get double miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2016, 11:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, JB Mosaic, SW AList + CP

My brother doesn't know how to use the Internet so I'm buying his plane ticket, do I get double AA miles with my citi aa card. Or are those double miles strictly for me..
Old Feb 24, 2016, 11:37 pm

Programs: AA EP
Originally Posted by broncophil
My brother doesn't know how to use the Internet so I'm buying his plane ticket, do I get double AA miles with my citi aa card. Or are those double miles strictly for me..
Yes. If u buy the tickets using ur credit card you will receive 2x the cost of the ticket (in miles). Citibank and Barclays doesn't care who the ticket is for -- just the purchase.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 11:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, JB Mosaic, SW AList + CP
Originally Posted by AAExecPlatFlier
Yes. If u buy the tickets using ur credit card you will receive 2x the cost of the ticket (in miles). Citibank and Barclays doesn't care who the ticket is for -- just the purchase.
Wow thx for the quick reply. It's even better that I'm buying for his whole family!!
Old Feb 24, 2016, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by broncophil
Originally Posted by AAExecPlatFlier
Wow thx for the quick reply. It's even better that I'm buying for his whole family!!
Of course, unless you have to buy the tickets in the next week or so, you might consider applying for a different credit card (or even a second Citi/AA card, if it's been at least 18 months since you last applied for one), and use the cost of all of those tickets to help meet the minimum-spend requirement to get the sign-up bonus on another card. The Chase Sapphire Preferred earns double points for all airline-ticket purchases; the Citi ThankYou Premier card earns triple points on such purchases.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.