Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2017 MileSAAver Awards Disappear, Unavailable [AAnytime now back]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2017 MileSAAver Awards Disappear, Unavailable [AAnytime now back]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2016, 6:21 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by hedge
Same here. Was only charged taxes, no change fee for adding a leg..
That's pretty cool of them.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 6:49 am

Want a good laugh? I called to add the final leg to my award ticket, the agent says I can't and I have to purchase a separate ticket for it. Either he needs coffee or is having a bad hangover or he is just that clueless. I hangup in no time. He probably gonna mess up my ticket even if I can convince him he can change an award ticket.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by mmdough
Want a good laugh? I called to add the final leg to my award ticket, the agent says I can't and I have to purchase a separate ticket for it. Either he needs coffee or is having a bad hangover or he is just that clueless. I hangup in no time. He probably gonna mess up my ticket even if I can convince him he can change an award ticket.
Same here. The one spoke I to said she couldn't add the final leg either and I had to purchase a separate ticket for it.
She offered to cancel my international ticket and reissue the award for the $ 150 change fee. Of course with the risk of loosing the international portion because there are no other seats available. Not.

So I'm in the same predicament as before.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by exsea
Same here. The one spoke I to said she couldn't add the final leg either and I had to purchase a separate ticket for it.
She offered to cancel my international ticket and reissue the award for the $ 150 change fee. Of course with the risk of loosing the international portion because there are no other seats available. Not.

So I'm in the same predicament as before.
Just HUCA. I did (wait about 5 min from my previous hilarious encounter) and the nice agent added final legs for my 3 award tickets and mentioned that for a one time courtesy she is going to waived the $150 fee too. Saved me $450 since they are all on different PNR. AA is on my good side once again!
Old Feb 27, 2016, 9:11 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, UA, AA, DL, BA, CX
Early when this thread started, since nobody could get through the CS, I sent an email to both CS and customer relation. After almost 3 weeks, I got the reply today from customer relation saying they would contact the appropriate management personnel to look into it. I did lose my one JL seat during this time, but oh well, at least no one was charged the $150 fee.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 9:17 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ycc777
...at least no one was charged the $150 fee.
I don't think we can say that with any certainty.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 9:25 am

Well after an hour on the phone with AA, and 2 HUCAs, I managed to get them down from charging 2x150$ to just 175.

PNR1 was JFK-HKG-MNL J/F
PNR2 was JFK-HKG F

and I needed 1 to be DCA-JFK-HKG-MNL F/J/F and 2 to be the exact same, on top of changing the dates (which I know is no fee). The AA CSR did go call the 'help desk' to see if the origin add on could be waived. I was hoping to just pay the 150$ for the DCA and MNL add on legs, but the best they could do is just link it was one transaction and charge me 175$.

I feel like I could have kept calling back to try and get that courtesy waiver as others have gotten, but it just wasn't happening for me.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 9:36 am

Second call UNsucessful. Agent said she could not add a leg because the award was ticketed. She said she could built a new award with the leg added but the record locator would change. But only if the international award was still available which it's not. Did your record locator change?
Old Feb 27, 2016, 10:10 am

Third call.
NO problem adding the domestic leg. No additional mileage required. BUT agent wanted to charge the 2 x $ 150.00. I stated my case and told her that "friends" of mine got the fee waived. She spoke to her supervisor who asked to see the record locator number of my "friend".......Well, we settled for $ 175.00. At this point I wanted this nightmare to be over and used my Amex Business Platinum which will refund me the charge anyways under my $ 200 yearly airline fee credit.

Reservation showed up in my account immediately under the same record locator.

I'm just dumbfounded. Why is there such a vast difference between these agents and their knowledge and ability? I just don't get it.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by shotime1
I did not give any reason or need to mention the lack of availability. Just asked to tack the leg on to the end of my award (ready to have to argue the $150) and was told it would be $14. I'm AA Gold, but that shouldn't make a difference.
She didn't ask me for a reason. I just threw it out there to see if it would stick
Old Feb 27, 2016, 1:33 pm

Hoping a business saver opens up for TPA or MIA to SCL, only economy saver so far.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 9:04 am

It looks like the last 2 days in the calendar are currently unavailable for sAAver on domestic routes. I haven't been keeping up. Is this a "new" outage, or is the calendar consistently 2 days behind on a rolling basis?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.