Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2016 Flight [xx] Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2016, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
ARCHIVE: 2016 Flight [xx] Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. on [date] (consolidated)

With hundreds of annual reports of and queries about delayed, diverted, canceled flights we have established this consolidated thread to prevent these from overwhelming other forum threads.

For assistance and useful resources when your flight is affected, see AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, travel policy, delay, cancel etc. resources (master thread)

● For information on current and recent AA flight delays, check out: AACargo.com

● For information on U.S. Airport Delays, check out: FAA Flight Delay Information

● For information about holds, delays, etc. on airports, flights, historical data check FlightStats.

KVS Availability Tool - read here for further information, with access to WSpan Operational Info.

ExpertFlyer also provides FLIFO / Flight Status Comments for current flights in it's Flight Status section here.

● For "translation" of FLIFO terms, use this page on FlyerGuide.

● For current and forecasted weather delays, use Weather.com Airport Delays

● To see a flight's path within the US radar areas and delay histories, use FlightAware flight tracking. (N.B. Some features require a free signup.)
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: 2016 Flight [xx] Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2016, 10:47 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by nalismom
Anyone know why this flight departed at 4:30 PM today? Flight 5 departed at 11:13....only 18 minutes late....so I have a hard time with this being weather.
Not weather-related. AA123 was delayed due to aircraft maintenance.
Old May 14, 2016, 9:34 am

Programs: UAL GS. AA 2MM
Why was flight AA0063 canceled

Flight 0063 from CDG to Mia was just canceled after a 5hr delay, and they are not saying why. Does anyone know the reason?
Old May 14, 2016, 9:57 am

Programs: AAdvantage
The flight is currently displaying a 20 hour, 10 minute delay due to aircraft maintenance.

My guess for the length of the delay would be that they're waiting on some spare parts and/or a mechanic to fly in from the US today and work on the plane overnight.
Old May 14, 2016, 10:01 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 7300ponce
Flight 0063 from CDG to Mia was just canceled after a 5hr delay, and they are not saying why. Does anyone know the reason?
Originally Posted by ThreeJulietTango
The flight is currently displaying a 20 hour, 10 minute delay due to aircraft maintenance.
Sounds like some EU261 compensation is in order....
Old May 14, 2016, 10:08 am

Programs: AAdvantage
...aaaaand now it's cancelled. They probably took a while to update the flight information.
Old May 14, 2016, 10:24 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Titanium
AA 113 BCN - MIA also

Delayed 6 hours so far, 772 fuel nozzle leaking. Must have some maintenance issues in/out of Miami going on today. They don't want to cancel, but pilots are way past legal. We switched to IB out of MAD.
Old May 16, 2016, 8:40 pm

716 LAX PHL diverted to OMA on May 16? Any news?
Old May 18, 2016, 9:11 am

Programs: DL-Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Anyone know the reasons behind AA 957 Delays

MIA-SCL 9.5 hr Delay, Currently en route

also AA 957 Day before had 4 hr delay (May 16/17)

Unrelated May 13, this flight diverted to LIM

I am on this flight in a few days just wondering, hope mine has better luck
Old May 19, 2016, 2:20 pm

Programs: AA PLT 1MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Gold, National Exec, Hertz 5-Star
AA 2650 SFO-ORD diverted to OMA last night. I was getting back from a trip and it was strange to see an AA 737 at one of the gates. Any idea for the reason?
Old May 27, 2016, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
"Yesterday's" AA 2482 "Delayed" over 9 Hours- Not Cancelled?

My friend had a fun experience on his way home back to the UK yesterday. He was on AA 2482 (AUS-DFW) that was scheduled to leave at 7:40 PM yesterday. Due to weather they sat on the tarmac for the allowable time, and then pulled back. People could deplane or stay on the plane, which is according to the rules..

But then they never cancelled the flight. Instead, it took off "delayed" at 5:11 AM this morning. My friend slept in his seat on the plane. When talking to the on ground Customer Service at DFW, they were not sympathetic at all for any inconvenience, just blamed the weather. Even the crew was confused on why AA wouldn't just cancel the flight, rebook people and let them find some more suitable sleeping accommodations, if they chose.

As a side matter, since my friends new flight to LHR wasn't until 3:45 PM today, he purchased a 1 day Admirals Club pass, and was dismayed that you still had to pay for stuff.. When I finally heard from him, I asked him if he had an Amex card.. Oh boy, I almost didn't want to tell him that he had picked the wrong "day pass" option after all he had gone through..
Old Jun 2, 2016, 5:01 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Crew availability delay AA64 JFK-ZRH 6/1

I was flying on AA64 JFK-ZRH 6/1, scheduled dep. 5:50 PM. I arrived at JFK around 3 PM(in case there were TSA issues--for pre-check NO delay, for others, short lines); my flight had a NEW departure time of 10:15 PM. When I got to the flagship lounge (it is operating normally, though the regular AC is not: construction), it was now posting as 9:15pm. A lounge agent checked, there were crew problems that day, and my flight was awaiting a crew flying in from ORD. After push back (slight delay due to a "minor" mechanical issue) the pilot noting the crew issue, apologized. [As usual for evening flights from JFK, we took off at 10:15 pm--lots of other flights clogging the airport.] Instead of a scheduled arrival of 7:55 AM, we arrived at 11:30 AM--pax with connections were in trouble.
I noticed at JFK nearly all departures were lisited as ON TIME.
JFK is a major INTL hub for AA, how are crews assigned? How do they decide which ones to delay?
[FLT 64 begins as a MIA-JFK, it was 3 hours late (mechanical), but it only shares a flt number with my flt; could this have contributed to the crew issue?]
Old Jun 2, 2016, 5:04 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by nrr
Instead of a scheduled arrival of 7:55 AM, we arrived at 11:30 AM--pax with connections were in trouble.
I noticed at JFK nearly all departures were lisited as ON TIME.
JFK is a major INTL hub for AA, how are crews assigned? How do they decide which ones to delay?
That's almost certainly proprietary, though we can make educated guesses about how they'd go about minimizing impact/revenue loss in these situations.

I'd also guess there aren't a whole lot of pax on this flight with connections out of ZRH, given that it isn't a OW hub. This may be one reason this flight was delayed instead of one to, say, London.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 7:52 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rjw242
That's almost certainly proprietary, though we can make educated guesses about how they'd go about minimizing impact/revenue loss in these situations.

I'd also guess there aren't a whole lot of pax on this flight with connections out of ZRH, given that it isn't a OW hub. This may be one reason this flight was delayed instead of one to, say, London.
You guessed right, lots of empty seats in Y, 2 + 3 + 2, many were able to get a whole middle 3 to stretch out for sleeping. [But on many of my other trips on 64, there were many more pax, with lots of connections.]
Old Jun 2, 2016, 8:00 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As a followup, I just got 5000 bonus miles (without my requesting); but these are NEW bonus miles...not as valuable.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 8:56 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thinking more on this issue, AA should NOT be delaying ANY flights (whether fully booked or nearly empty).
[For the Thanksgiving period of 2015, AA cancelled most of their (AA metal) flts to EUROPE--while annoying, they did it a few weeks in advance.]
Weather they have NO control over, mechanical (better maintenance(?)) should be the exceptions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.