Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2016 Flight [xx] Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2016, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
ARCHIVE: 2016 Flight [xx] Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. on [date] (consolidated)

With hundreds of annual reports of and queries about delayed, diverted, canceled flights we have established this consolidated thread to prevent these from overwhelming other forum threads.

For assistance and useful resources when your flight is affected, see AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, travel policy, delay, cancel etc. resources (master thread)

● For information on current and recent AA flight delays, check out: AACargo.com

● For information on U.S. Airport Delays, check out: FAA Flight Delay Information

● For information about holds, delays, etc. on airports, flights, historical data check FlightStats.

KVS Availability Tool - read here for further information, with access to WSpan Operational Info.

ExpertFlyer also provides FLIFO / Flight Status Comments for current flights in it's Flight Status section here.

● For "translation" of FLIFO terms, use this page on FlyerGuide.

● For current and forecasted weather delays, use Weather.com Airport Delays

● To see a flight's path within the US radar areas and delay histories, use FlightAware flight tracking. (N.B. Some features require a free signup.)
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: 2016 Flight [xx] Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2016, 11:08 am

Programs: Mileage Plan
AA 720

CLT-FCO on 4/1, my parents were /are on those flight. Looks like it diverted to PHL after getting out past new foundland any idea why?
Old Apr 2, 2016, 5:39 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by ASEFlyer
CLT-FCO on 4/1, my parents were /are on those flight. Looks like it diverted to PHL after getting out past new foundland any idea why?
The subsequent cancellation was coded as mechanical but I don't know if that's what caused the initial diversion. It was probably something serious (or required for extended overwater flight) enough to have to turn back but not serious enough that they could return to Philadelphia instead of the numerous closer airports.
Old Apr 2, 2016, 5:59 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by ThreeJulietTango
The subsequent cancellation was coded as mechanical but I don't know if that's what caused the initial diversion. It was probably something serious (or required for extended overwater flight) enough to have to turn back but not serious enough that they could return to Philadelphia instead of the numerous closer airports.
If it got as far as Newfoundland, why did it go all the way back to PHL? Why not BOS?
Old Apr 2, 2016, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by bse118
If AA was unwilling/unable to rebook you out of EGE, and you are willing/able to drive to DEN, any reason you didn't ask AA to rebook you from DEN on their own metal, rather than paying out of pocket for DL flights?

<Edit: Not sure of schedules or availability>

I tried to book through Denver on aa they had no seats to New York either sat or Sunday it was the same issue. As Ege.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 12:39 pm

Programs: All the programs!
AA137 DFW-HKG 12:25pm departure now showing 2:30pm, then 3pm.
Deplaning. Change of gate & plane.
3:30pm... 4:15pm...
Finally cancelled.

Last edited by oopl; Apr 3, 2016 at 2:38 pm
Old Apr 3, 2016, 3:56 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by oopl
AA137 DFW-HKG 12:25pm departure now showing 2:30pm, then 3pm.
Deplaning. Change of gate & plane.
3:30pm... 4:15pm...
Finally cancelled.
Two 77Ws went out of service serially for battery pack issues, the crew timed out. As these are both mechanical issues, AA should be more willing to reaccommodate or pay for hotel, etc. At least one pax went to LAX to catch CX to Hongkers already.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 5:19 am

Programs: AA PLT PRO, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plt. Premier
So my 655 AM flight from CRW-CLT was cancelled this morning due to MX - do I get any miles or anything for this ? My new flight leaves at 10:55 AM
Old Apr 4, 2016, 11:33 am

Programs: All the programs!
Originally Posted by JDiver
Two 77Ws went out of service serially for battery pack issues, the crew timed out. As these are both mechanical issues, AA should be more willing to reaccommodate or pay for hotel, etc. At least one pax went to LAX to catch CX to Hongkers already.
Yea what a crappy situation. Lot's of people lined up to rebook. Hopefully most were able to get to HK.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 11:44 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dgparent
So my 655 AM flight from CRW-CLT was cancelled this morning due to MX - do I get any miles or anything for this ? My new flight leaves at 10:55 AM
For a four hour delay if you don't get any miles auto deposited, I'd be emailing in for compensation.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Oakshadow
If it got as far as Newfoundland, why did it go all the way back to PHL? Why not BOS?
They've got maintenance support, possibly extra crew and aircraft and other resources at the PHL hub that BOS doesn't have.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 12:51 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
They've got maintenance support, possibly extra crew and aircraft and other resources at the PHL hub that BOS doesn't have.
BOS:
LAA TWU Line Maintenance
LAA TWU Fleet Service
LAA TWU Stores
LAA In-Flight
LAA Cockpot pit
LUS IAM Line Maintenance
LUS IAM Fleet Service
Old Apr 4, 2016, 12:53 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
BOS:

LAA TWU line maintenance
LAA TWU fleet service
LAA TWU stores
LAA APA Cockpit
LAA APFA

LUS IAM fleet service
LUS IAM mechanics & related

US (East) in-flight closed March 2010 as part of larger scale US Airways restructuring along with other base closures and cuts across US Airways system.

And LUS operated daily A330-200 BOS-CLT up until a few days ago.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 1:36 am

Programs: AAdvantage
Maybe it was easier to get passengers reaccommodated out of the hub at PHL. More agents, more routing options, more accommodations.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 12:35 pm

Programs: Delta Gold
AA FLT 953 4/4/2016 - Delayed from 9:59PM until 1:30 PM today (actual departure 2:15PM).

Seems like it might have been MX combined with Crew timeout issue. Looks like it delays the return FLT 954 by 4 hrs.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 9:53 am

Early morning on 6 April, AA 135 on 7 April was delayed four hours, to a 6PM departure, just long enough for AA to proactively rebook me on a BA flight, but now it's back on schedule.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.