Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2016 Combined AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2016 Combined AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2016, 7:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by AAEmpireState
Agreed! Is the two-step meal service (salad and app, followed by entree), a recent change? For some reason I had remembered post-9/1 transpac J having one meal tray service, followed by dessert.
Not to nitpick at all but it was actually 11/1/14 when the international changes were rolled out, meal-wise.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 8:35 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum; Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
Not to nitpick at all but it was actually 11/1/14 when the international changes were rolled out, meal-wise.
@:-)^

Thanks for the clarification!

Flying JFK-CDG J in March, for the first time since the catering changes. Happy about the new white linens, and very excited to experience the 777-200 retrofit (a nice surprise; when we first booked, the retrofitted 763 was still on this route).
Old Feb 2, 2016, 10:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by AAEmpireState
@:-)^

Thanks for the clarification!

Flying JFK-CDG J in March, for the first time since the catering changes. Happy about the new white linens, and very excited to experience the 777-200 retrofit (a nice surprise; when we first booked, the retrofitted 763 was still on this route).

As for cabins....the posts here may be informative (photos included)

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...idated-24.html
Old Feb 3, 2016, 1:23 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Originally Posted by 24left
This is really bad news. Castelnau is a cooperative champagne producer with nothing to recommend it other than offering keen prices to airlines. The BA forum has partially turned into a Castelnau survivor support group, following BA's attempts to persuade them that Castelnau's vintage offering is acceptable in the Global First Class lounge, and their NV offering will now be offered in Club Europe. This is truly vile, battery acid style stuff. Such a shame, the Gosset was a truly classy part of pmAA's product. But seriously, AA could save money and still do better than this — my local discount supermarket sells a champagne for less than £10 that's infinitely preferable to Castelnau, vintage or NV.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Funny. You could ask. See what happens.
Also, your call if you want the "pseudo" PDB, or wait for the real stuff after departure.

Here's an idea.....start a thread "Bar drinks you can make onboard with the available ingredients"
This is a fantastic idea! Does you mind if I start it??
Old Feb 3, 2016, 3:14 pm
Suspended

.....Here's an idea.....start a thread "Bar drinks you can make onboard with the available ingredients"

Originally Posted by cmd320
That's actually a fantastic idea. I never know what the FAs are or aren't capable of making.

Originally Posted by FlyingLaw
This is a fantastic idea! Does you mind if I start it??

Absolutely! Make sure it's a fun thread title.

(I got the idea from onboard adventures on a flight to CPH last summer. One of the FAs managing the galley was a bartender in her previous life. One tasty result was a combination of orange juice, vodka and tonic. Think Orangina with a buzz. )

Old Feb 3, 2016, 5:49 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
On a DFW-HKG flight in business class next month it has a vegetarian option. It also has this as a choice:
Vegetarian Meal
Vegetarian meals do not contain meat, fish or seafood. Nuts may be used as a protein substitute. Also known as Asian Vegetarian, Hindu Vegetarian. This meal is the same as the Vegetarian but seasoned Indian-style.
In this case, that means it's this but with Indian-style seasoning?
Spinach Stuffed Ravioli Spinach
Stuffed Ravioli Topped with smoked Gouda crème
Any other benefits? Would the appetizers and other meals that can't be pre-ordered also be vegetarian then? Thought this would have been mentioned in one of these meal threads, but can't find anything.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 7:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by alphaeagle
On a DFW-HKG flight in business class next month it has a vegetarian option. It also has this as a choice:

Any other benefits? Would the appetizers and other meals that can't be pre-ordered also be vegetarian then? Thought this would have been mentioned in one of these meal threads, but can't find anything.

Actually good questions.

Some of the crew on my recent flights referred to the pasta as a vegetarian option. If you look at the menus I posted upthread, they are hardly "vegetarian", but I can see how some people interpret a dish with no meat or fish to be vegetarian - even if it has dairy (as some airlines offer ovo-lacto vegetarian meals)

If you order the pasta off the menu, you get the appetizers that are on the menu. If you order a "special" meal (e.g. for dietary or religious reasons), you will mostly get a complete meal that includes the sides/salad/dessert - if any - that come with that special meal.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 10:51 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton
Originally Posted by alphaeagle

If you order the vegetarian meal, it will not be seasoned Indian style. AA.com lies, and it has been doing so for quite some time.

Special meals on AA are pretty sad, one meal serves many special meal categories, so you can imagine the end result.

But on a long flight such as DFW-HKG, there are three meal services. So even if you can eat the pasta for the first meal, there may not be vegetarian options for meal 2 or 3. As such you will have no choice but to order the dreaded special meal if you want a vegetarian option for all 3 meals. Of course for the first meal, you can always ask the FA for the pasta instead of the vegetarian meal.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 5:21 am

Programs: AA EP, DL Diamond
I am flying HND to LAX in J later in February and there are no meal options given when I look up the reservation on aa.com, however it does give me options for my DFW->NRT flight in J. I called the Exec Plat line about something else and mentioned this issue. The agent had no idea why the website wasn't giving any meal options and said in her system it ALSO doesn't show any meal options. Anyone else run up against this? Anyone flying HND to LAX in J and given an option online to reserve meals?
Old Feb 4, 2016, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by LAX2CGKx5
I am flying HND to LAX in J later in February and there are no meal options given when I look up the reservation on aa.com, however it does give me options for my DFW->NRT flight in J. I called the Exec Plat line about something else and mentioned this issue. The agent had no idea why the website wasn't giving any meal options and said in her system it ALSO doesn't show any meal options. Anyone else run up against this? Anyone flying HND to LAX in J and given an option online to reserve meals?
Maybe check it again after the flights actually started?

The first flights will be on 2/11, LAX->HND and HND->LAX.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 4:27 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Are they really offering a choice of beverage with the breakfast service? Usually it's only OJ and coffee. Sometimes it's like pulling teeth to get a tomato juice or anything different.

Tomato juice is on the beverage page of the menus from AA 108/109, so in theory, it should be available for breakfast. Not sure about why it would be difficult to get.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 9:51 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat;UA Gold;DL Gold;Hyatt Diamond;Hilton Diamond;Marriott Gold;Hertz PC;Natl ExecElite
Two LHR Flights

Hi, all,

Meals for:
AA 108, LAX-LHR, 02.01.16, Business Class (777-300)
AA 87, LHR-ORD, 02.06.16, Business Class (777-200, old layout)

For 108:
Starter:
Flaky Tomato Tart with grilled artichoke heart

Salad:
Mixed Greens with Sundried Tomatoes and Shaved Parmesan
With your choice of sour cream and herb dressing or balsamic vinaigrette

Entrees:
Coffee Crusted Beef Filet
With red wine sauce, roasted potatoes, and sautéed spinach

Roasted Duck Breast
With curry lime sauce, coconut jasmine rice, broccolini and peppers

Blacked Salmon
With Creole rice, broccolini, and roasted corn relish

Spinach Ravioli
With smoked Gouda cream sauce and fresh Parmesan

Dessert:
Ice Cream--Ben and Jerry's Health Bar Crunch

Gourmet Cheese Plate
Smoked Gouda, jalapeño jack, and sharp cheddar cheese

Raspberry Tart

Breakfast:
Scrambled Eggs
Served over a buttermilk biscuit with poblano cream sauce, potatoes au gratin and New Mexico chicken sausage

Fresh Fruit Bowl
With granola and Greek yogurt

Tomato tart was fine; the artichoke was great and presentation quite elegant. I found the salad underwhelming; it's basically a domestic F salad on a long international segment, which is disappointing. I ordered the salmon, and it was great--perfectly cooked and very flavorful. I ate this menu on an international flight last year, and the new crockery for international makes a big difference--last year, the meal was served on a domestic F dish, and this time it was in a large, shallow square bowl that made it look great.

Meals were given for the dinner service--on the tray table and then another linen on the meal tray. All were white--no sand.

I slept through breakfast. Oddly, unlike usual, the FA did not ask me when taking orders if I wanted to be awaken for breakfast.

Snacks put out on the 777-300 bar were really nice--a great selection of veggies, some really good yogurt/berry parfait, and some salty stuff. Was a nice spread.

Flight was OK--we had a screaming toddler in business and he screamed all night. Not much the FAs can do but made for pretty fitful sleep even with the Bose.

==

Sorry, for AA87 LHR-ORD I forgot to bring the menu. This is the 8:40a departure from LHR. I was curious to see what the menu would be--it was brunch, not lunch.

Best I can remember:
Main meal started with a yogurt parfait (which was delicious), small fruit plate, and breakfast breads.

Entree options were:
French toast stuffed with bananas and walnuts
Omelette
Antipasto plate (cold--turkey, salami, etc.)
Fresh fruit bowl with granola (if you ordered this, you were not served the appetizer)

I had the antipasto plate; it was fine. I thought it could have used a couple of more bread elements on which to place the meat as you ate it.

Dessert options were either a "trio of sweets" (little tarts) or a cheese plate; I had the cheese.

Second meal was either an entree salad with a chicken skewer (which I had; it was delicious) or the croque monsieur.

Service on this flight was excellent throughout in all respects--attentive, nice, etc. Again, white linens on tray and meal tray for all meals.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 1:05 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Just taken a lunch flight in C out of LHR, and I must say the size and presentation of the lunch options seem to have improved. I had the parmesan-encrusted cod, which was really rather a nice meal, only somewhat on the fishy side. I spotted the beef filet with Korean bulgogi sauce across the aisle, and it really was the biggest filet piece I've seen on any business class plate. The creamy basil salad dressing was really yummy as well (reminds me on of one that CO used to offer in Business First back in the day) Second snacks are now croque monsieur or Waldorf salad with chicken. But whose idea was it to combine croque monsieur with a potato salad? A light green salad would have been a delicious accompaniment, but some starch and fat — really!
Old Feb 10, 2016, 3:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Aa215 lax-gru

AA215 LAX-GRU
B787
January 2016
Business Class

Dinner

(pre-departure bubbles were actually Gloria Ferrer Sonoma Brut instead of the awful swill that's normally served pre-departure)

portobello carpaccio starter:

boursin crusted filet

Breakfast

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.