Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2016 Combined AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2016 Combined AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2016, 7:28 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG / Marriott GLD, HHonors GLD
Most of the posts on here are about int'l J/F meals so I figured I'd share the Y meal we were served on a much shorter MIA-MDE flight last night

AA serves meals at meal times to select Latin American cities, presumably where they have to to remain competitive (Avianca has always served hot meals on these routes, and even serves substantial snacks on short domestic hops of 45min or so between the major cities in Colombia)

Shortly after takeoff they ran a drink service - complimentary beer / wine / soft drinks but the FA recognized my EXP and went up front to grab me (2) bottles of woodford, and left me a whole can of diet coke when I asked for that on the side in addition to cup of ice for the bourbon. Good start.

Meal was a choice of a "mexican salad" or "ham and turkey sandwich", both cold dishes. I asked for the salad but took one look at it and asked to switch to the sandwich; it had sad looking lettuce, some cheese, and some sorry looking ground beef. The sandwich on the other hand was served on pretzel bread with cheese, veggies in a side compartment to keep the bread dry, and chips and a brownie. Immediately after the dinner service they came through with another round of drinks, accomodating double orders on my row (thanks to me probably, when one does it so do they all)

Basically, we got a BOB meal for free, but it was fresh tasting, and frankly probably better than getting the typical chicken/rice or pasta Y meal that looks and tastes like a plastic microwave dish. Not too bad for a short 3 hour hop, with good service to boot. FAs came through every 20-30 min or so to see if anyone needed anything, which is really good for US3 Y in my opinion. Very good mixed Bogota- and Miami-based crew

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.