Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA MileSAAver / SAAve First and Business Awards LAX-SYD-LAX Loaded for Jan '16

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA MileSAAver / SAAve First and Business Awards LAX-SYD-LAX Loaded for Jan '16

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2015, 3:19 pm

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
2F ex-LAX on 2/2 and 2F ex-SYD on 2/20.

Last edited by iadisgreat; Dec 29, 2015 at 3:32 pm
Old Dec 29, 2015, 5:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
many dates still open in Jan

I'm seeing 1 J open on most days
Old Dec 30, 2015, 12:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
This isn't AA being generous, just the fact they missed the booking window due to the start of the SYD flights quite late into the year and now of course they are opening up the space knowing that there will still be a lot of unsold space. I doubt they will release so much space in the future.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 12:33 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by fly747first
This isn't AA being generous, just the fact they missed the booking window due to the start of the SYD flights quite late into the year and now of course they are opening up the space knowing that there will still be a lot of unsold space. I doubt they will release so much space in the future.
I think that's it. Ironically, the first 10 days or so they made no SAAver seats available at all, and the aircraft went out with unsold seats - and lots of non-revs.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by JDiver
I think that's it. Ironically, the first 10 days or so they made no SAAver seats available at all, and the aircraft went out with unsold seats - and lots of non-revs.
Glad they could rectify their error on releases .

Currently only business class available and only widely through January 9th.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 8:11 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Glad they could rectify their error on releases .

Currently only business class available and only widely through January 9th.
My! We FTers have been busy little beavers, haven't we?
Old Dec 30, 2015, 9:28 am

Programs: ex-ExPlat, AA Lifetime Platinum
i am releasing a hold on 2 business seats for 28 jan. LAX - SYD and 2 business seats for 09 feb. SYD - LAX. hope they go back into award inventory and that someone on FT can use them.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 10:32 am
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Geez did people jump on them because they were available or because they'd been waiting for awhile?

It must be nice to be able to drop everything and travel to Oz at the last minute.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 10:36 am

I think a lot of these are proactive holds or issue/potential cancelations. Look regularly for cancelation inventory showing up - expecting that inventory returns.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by bmchris
I think a lot of these are proactive holds or issue/potential cancelations. Look regularly for cancelation inventory showing up - expecting that inventory returns.
Yes, I assume Jan-Feb is a bad travel time for many people, especially for OZ where you need several days.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 12:42 pm

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Originally Posted by wco81
It must be nice to be able to drop everything and travel to Oz at the last minute.
You can say the same thing about the EY apartment to AUH. When these kinds of things happen, I generally put something on hold, then get told by the SO that a trip to Australia/Dubai/etc. with a month's notice isn't going to happen (with work and all that nonsense) and end up canceling or letting the hold expire. I'd be surprised if I were the only one doing that.

With that said, I really would like to be a person someday who could drop everything and fly around the world.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 3:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, SPG Platinum
I only see a day in January. I still have my business anytime for my wife and I in late March returning a week and a half later. I'll keep checking to see if anything opens up. Don't really enjoy using so many miles.

I'm not looking for any first class awards though, I'm happy with the J class on this plane.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.