FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   ARCHIVE: AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources thru 2019 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1734392-archive-aa-oso-irops-irrops-delay-cancelation-etc-resources-thru-2019-a.html)

BThumme Feb 15, 2016 2:32 pm

My YKF - ORD flight cancelled day. Inbound diverted to YYZ. Wanted to get rebooked out fo YYZ, but they said the routing has to be identical if they do that (so YYZ-ORD-DFW-DEN).

THat seems pretty lame. The 6am flight out of here is booked tomorrow morning, so I'm stuck here until 3pm. As an american, that's not great as I don't have phone service. Unfortunate for me.

The gate agents here also say they can't add me to the standby list for the morning flight...because "they don't do that here"

YKF also doesn't do distressed vouchers. Looks like I'll be sleeping here overnight.

Found a way for it to get worse:

The cafeteria outside security is closed today, but the one (about 30 feet away from me inside security) isn't. But Canadian security won't let me through with my now expired boarding pass to get some dinner.

One last misc complaint - the voice recognition system for my aadvantage number is atrocious. I think I'm about 2/45 on it understanding me.

brewdog11 Feb 15, 2016 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by BThumme (Post 26189893)
My YKF - ORD flight cancelled day. Inbound diverted to YYZ. Wanted to get rebooked out fo YYZ, but they said the routing has to be identical if they do that (so YYZ-ORD-DFW-DEN).

THat seems pretty lame. The 6am flight out of here is booked tomorrow morning, so I'm stuck here until 3pm. As an american, that's not great as I don't have phone service. Unfortunate for me.

The gate agents here also say they can't add me to the standby list for the morning flight...because "they don't do that here"

YKF also doesn't do distressed vouchers. Looks like I'll be sleeping here overnight.

The cafeteria outside security is closed today, but the one (about 30 feet away from me inside security) isn't. But Canadian security won't let me through with my now expired boarding pass to get some dinner.

One last misc complaint - the voice recognition system for my aadvantage number is atrocious. I think I'm about 2/45 on it understanding me.

That routing rule sounds mAAde up. Have you contacted AA by phone yet?

I think the voice recognition bit gets worse during IRROPS. It either doesn't recognize what I say or recognizes it incorrectly.

JDiver Feb 16, 2016 10:44 am

Originally Posted by BThumme (Post 26189893)

They're making rules up, IMO.

If required to RON, ask your possible properties if they offer distressed traveler rates.

For the FFN, just use ICAO etc. phonetic alphabet: Xray, Yankee, Zulu one two three four.

ucfjoe Feb 16, 2016 12:38 pm

Just confirming what others have said about proactively checking weather situations. Headed to JFK and after boarding, deplaned due to slotting issues with the earliest departure window 2.5 hours after scheduled departure. There was no notice before on time boarding procedure started. Pilot said something to the effect of not understanding why they even started boarding as this was a known issue and no surprise.

highlanderfil Feb 16, 2016 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by MrAndy1369 (Post 26189161)
Seriously? DL/UA has NYC as part of their weather waiver, and AA doesn't? :td:

Surprised me as well yesterday but the flight went OK, albeit three hours late. DTW-LGA-DTW, all on AA4224, 2 hours late getting into LGA (maintenance), 3 hours late leaving LGA (no open gate; incoming flight sat on the tarmac with what I can only imagine some pretty pissed off passengers). Eff it, I'm flying Delta next time.

brewdog11 Feb 16, 2016 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver (Post 26194054)
For the FFN, just use ICAO etc. phonetic alphabet: Xray, Yankee, Zulu one two three four.

I didn't know that would work for the FFN like it does for the PNR. Good to know. ^

illinifan4249 Feb 23, 2016 7:16 pm

Just wanted to say thanks flyertalk for all the good info about irrops. Got a google now notification that my flight tomorrow out of ORD had been cancelled, called the gold line with flight numbers and was able to get rebooked. Also almost no wait on the gold line right now.

Adam1222 Feb 24, 2016 8:52 pm

AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, travel policy, delay, cancel etc. resources (master thread)

I have two separate tickets: DCA-MIA - GIG on AA, GIG-SSA on JJ. Agent in DCA checked me through to SSA. MIA-GIG went mechanical, and needed to be rerouted through GRU if I wanted to get there that day. AA (twitter, phone, and Admirals Club) all insist that there's some problem with the GRU-SSA reservation on Tam, and that I need to talk to Tam. Tam has no record of said reservation, as they still show me checked in on the GIG-SSA flight. Latest gem from AA on Twitter is that they can't see Tam reservations and that *I* have to contact Tam. any suggestions other than me having a panic attack when I arrive in GRU in the am, since no one from AA is willing to help?

dabu Feb 24, 2016 8:54 pm

So many go-around tonight at JFK

Some of them then diverted.
Watch AA2254 now, is it going back to MIA?

TheBOSman Feb 24, 2016 9:05 pm

Considering the storm over NYC area right now was responsible for numerous tornado warnings in the mid-Atlantic and Carolinas earlier today, and NYC is currently under a Severe Thunderstorm Warning, it makes sense. AA2254 appears to be heading to RIC. It wouldn't go back to MIA. BOS must be full?

camachinist Feb 24, 2016 9:06 pm

Looks like they diverted to Richmond, VA.

Those storms which had tornado watches down south early today and yesterday apparently are raising some havoc up north too.

JonNYC Feb 24, 2016 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by Adam1222 (Post 26239893)
I have two separate tickets: DCA-MIA - GIG on AA, GIG-SSA on JJ. Agent in DCA checked me through to SSA. MIA-GIG went mechanical, and needed to be rerouted through GRU if I wanted to get there that day. AA (twitter, phone, and Admirals Club) all insist that there's some problem with the GRU-SSA reservation on Tam, and that I need to talk to Tam. Tam has no record of said reservation, as they still show me checked in on the GIG-SSA flight. Latest gem from AA on Twitter is that they can't see Tam reservations and that *I* have to contact Tam. any suggestions other than me having a panic attack when I arrive in GRU in the am, since no one from AA is willing to help?

Wish I could offer some encouragement, but reading that over a couple of times, that-- to me-- sounds highly, highly problematical. (Because of the underlined)

ilovetofly Feb 25, 2016 4:08 am

AA1164 (DFW-LGA) was diverted to PIT last night due to the weather and won't leave for LGA until 10:15 am this morning.

What could be the reasons for such a long layover?

nyczreklis Feb 25, 2016 5:12 am

AA138 DFW LGA diverted to Syracuse. I think this was originally suppose to be my plane from LGA to ORD. My flight ended up being cancelled.

AA never called me or notified me that my flight this morning would be cancelled. I was just about to sleep, when I doubled checked as I usually do, and saw it change from OnTime to Cancelled. Waited about 1.5 hours for Call Back.

In the end, AA was pretty accommodating in the flights I wanted. Was able to switch twice since after I hung up, I was able to find availability on another flight.

Adam1222 Feb 25, 2016 5:22 am

Originally Posted by JonNYC (Post 26239955)

Originally Posted by Adam1222 (Post 26239893)

Wish I could offer some encouragement, but reading that over a couple of times, that-- to me-- sounds highly, highly problematical. (Because of the underlined)

Well yes, if I didn't think there was a problem I wouldn't have posted. Unfortunately there were no legal connections through GIG, and this is what AA gave me. Made it to GRU now, hopefully someone can help here, or travel insurance.

JonNYC Feb 25, 2016 10:13 am

Originally Posted by Adam1222 (Post 26241109)
Well yes, if I didn't think there was a problem I wouldn't have posted. Unfortunately there were no legal connections through GIG, and this is what AA gave me. Made it to GRU now, hopefully someone can help here, or travel insurance.

The latter.

george 3 Feb 25, 2016 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by ilovetofly (Post 26240935)
AA1164 (DFW-LGA) was diverted to PIT last night due to the weather and won't leave for LGA until 10:15 am this morning.

What could be the reasons for such a long layover?

Probably crew rest. You were anxious to get back up in the air after the roller coaster rides last night? I landed at LGA just before 8pm last evening on a UA flight from Denver - it's been a long time since I had a white knuckle landing like that one.

Adam1222 Feb 25, 2016 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by JonNYC (Post 26242377)

Originally Posted by Adam1222 (Post 26241109)

The latter.

Fortunately you were very wrong. My bag is in GIG, but the AA desk at GRU put me on a Gol flight from GRU to SSA pretty easily. I wasted 20 mins going to TAM first alas

The answer that I was looking for, for others, is that apparently the AA airport desk has much easier ability rebook you after you've misconnected than it does before

JonNYC Feb 25, 2016 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by Adam1222 (Post 26243979)
Fortunately you were very wrong..

I certainly was not wrong in ANY way, I was saying no one -here- could help you with this situation-- and I was 100% correct about that. As usual.

You're welcome.

Adam1222 Feb 25, 2016 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by JonNYC (Post 26244246)

Originally Posted by Adam1222 (Post 26243979)
Fortunately you were very wrong..

I certainly was not wrong in ANY way, I was saying no one -here- could help you with this situation-- and I was 100% correct about that. As usual.

You're welcome.

Well insisting that I would need to rely on my travel insurance was wrong, no?
I obviously wasn't expecting a FTer to rebook me, but if someone had had experience and said "the AA staff on the ground in GRU will be able to help," that would have been the help I was asking for.
I'm not sure what value you added besides basically saying -- incorrectly -- I was screwed.

For future travelers, many of the things you underlined as problems appear not to be problems.

JonNYC Feb 25, 2016 5:25 pm

deleted

FlyForFun Feb 26, 2016 4:13 pm

We were on AA 1200 from DFW to DCA this morning. After two aborted landing attempts because of wind shear warnings, we diverted to Dulles where we landed safely.

cmn.jcs Feb 26, 2016 5:50 pm

[deleted]

zkzkz Feb 29, 2016 12:44 am

Fwiw when I got stuck at YYZ once I got on the internet and found the Sheraton at the airport surprisingly reasonable.

ktown Feb 29, 2016 6:36 pm

Flight delay query

Hello,

My parents are taking their first trip overseas tonight on an award ticket I arranged for them. They are right now in Chicago waiting on flight 46 to LHR which was about an hour ago announced as a 3 hour delay. It will now not leave until 1:00, and they will miss their connection in LHR to BCN.

Is there any way to tell the reason for the delay? I am thinking it must be mechanical as the weather has not yet hit and the incoming airplane arrived from Shanghai about 3 hours ago.

They inquired about trying to get on the BA flight at 8:45, but to no avail.

Anyway, just trying to understand the reason for the delay if anyone can help out.

Thanks,

Often1 Feb 29, 2016 6:51 pm

It looks as though the aircraft was swapped. That could be for any number of reasons, including mechanical or a late inbound due to weather or air traffic control.

But, it's really not worth worrying about the why.

Presuming that your parents do misconnect at LHR, AA will rebook them onto the next BCN service. There are at least three later services on BA, so not much to worry about.

AA will likely work on rebookings once the aircraft is airborne and it has a better handle on an actual arrival time. Chances are that there will be new boarding passes for them on arrival at LHR. If not, an agent will simply handle the rebooking and they will be on their way.

Townshend Feb 29, 2016 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by Often1 (Post 26263930)
It looks as though the aircraft was swapped. That could be for any number of reasons, including mechanical or a late inbound due to weather or air traffic control.

But, it's really not worth worrying about the why.

Presuming that your parents do misconnect at LHR, AA will rebook them onto the next BCN service. There are at least three later services on BA, so not much to worry about.

AA will likely work on rebookings once the aircraft is airborne and it has a better handle on an actual arrival time. Chances are that there will be new boarding passes for them on arrival at LHR. If not, an agent will simply handle the rebooking and they will be on their way.

Unless their connection was booked separately..

ktown Feb 29, 2016 7:19 pm

It's all through AA, and I figured the rebooking would be seamless on AA's part. Lots of flights to BCN each day.

Thanks for the info.

Microwave Mar 1, 2016 4:17 am

Originally Posted by ktown (Post 26263867)
My parents are taking their first trip overseas tonight on an award ticket I arranged for them. They are right now in Chicago waiting on flight 46 to LHR which was about an hour ago announced as a 3 hour delay. It will now not leave until 1:00, and they will miss their connection in LHR to BCN.

Is there any way to tell the reason for the delay? I am thinking it must be mechanical as the weather has not yet hit and the incoming airplane arrived from Shanghai about 3 hours ago.

They inquired about trying to get on the BA flight at 8:45, but to no avail.

Anyway, just trying to understand the reason for the delay if anyone can help out.

As this is a common question, there's a sticky thread that deals with just this type of question. I'll merge this in.

~Moderator

surftb15 Mar 2, 2016 9:49 am

I was on AA flight operated by Etihad.
Obviously the Etihad flight was delayed, but now there are literally no business class seats available from JFK-LAX.
At FL lounge now, they put me on an 18:30 flight tonight, which is so late.
Can I reroute through a non-direct route? can I go back to EY and ask to be put on another flight?
This was a paid ticket too so im a bit irritate.

JonNYC Mar 2, 2016 9:57 am

Originally Posted by surftb15 (Post 26272414)
I was on AA flight operated by Etihad.
Obviously the Etihad flight was delayed, but now there are literally no business class seats available from JFK-LAX.
At FL lounge now, they put me on an 18:30 flight tonight, which is so late.
Can I reroute through a non-direct route? can I go back to EY and ask to be put on another flight?
This was a paid ticket too so im a bit irritate.

Asking EY for their assistance would be fruitless, IMO, at this point.

I can't see any downside to asking AA to be re-routed onto a connecting itinerary to LAX, if you haven't yet.

Not sure who you're irate at at this juncture, as you pointed out, J is 0 all day on the LAX transcons. Ask for assistance.

surftb15 Mar 2, 2016 10:01 am

Yes and they can't find anything non direct. I even offered to go to ksan but seems that violates the rules now and will reprice itinerary.

JonNYC Mar 2, 2016 10:11 am

Originally Posted by surftb15 (Post 26272499)
Yes and they can't find anything non direct. I even offered to go to ksan but seems that violates the rules now and will reprice itinerary.

Looking at availability, things are incredibly tight, this itin has like a single domestic F seat but dunno details of your fare and what bucket you were booked into on this J-fare.

AA 1324 0 JFK
03/02/16 1:25 PM PHX

AA 509 0 PHX
03/02/16 7:55 PM LAX

Almost everything is F0 on one of the legs of a one-stop and most are A0, etc.

Overall, I'd say you're stuck with what ya got, and somewhat lucky to have it.

If you had been on an EY flight entirely (non-codeshare,) they *might* have put you on Jetblue JFK-LAX (since they have EY coded codeshares on same), but who knows.

surftb15 Mar 2, 2016 11:20 am

Well I ended up getting two J seats @ 3:30 pm flight.
Dont know how, but got it done.

JonNYC Mar 2, 2016 11:58 am

Originally Posted by surftb15 (Post 26272939)
Well I ended up getting two J seats @ 3:30 pm flight.
Dont know how, but got it done.

Feeling any calmer now? :)

surftb15 Mar 2, 2016 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by JonNYC (Post 26273117)
Feeling any calmer now? :)

Yes.
I was getting frustrated because some AAgents were saying to go back to EY, some were saying there was nothing in J class, some were saying I couldnt route to San Diego without repricing , others said that I didnt book the ticket together, even though ti was Aa flight number and purchased through aa.com.

It was a bit ridiculous, especially after flyting 14 hours .

At least I nabbed these two seats @ 3:30 pm, get in slightly later then expected.

I was the fool here though, assuming the flight was going to leave AUH on time and booking a short 1 hour connection. :cool:

flyalways Mar 6, 2016 12:15 am

Can I ask for free date change ?

Hi there,

I purchased a BOS-JFK-LHR-DXB / DXB-LHR-JFK-BOS ticket on AA
with AA codeshare flights on BA (LHR-DXB-LHR).

My BOS-JFK flight was delayed causing a very tight connection in
JFK to JFK-LHR (AA 104). I made the flight but my bag did not. I landed
in DXB without my bag which has the demo equipment that was
needed for day 1 of the trip. (I am told that the bag will be
delivered a day later)

Due to this my day 6 meetings are now not relevant although DAY
2,3,4,5 are OK. I would like to now return 1 day earlier. Can I ask
AA for early departure without any penalties or change fees ?

Do I have a shot at this ? Thanks in advance.

F.A.

JDiver Mar 8, 2016 12:26 pm

A heads up: DFW is in a big mess today, t-storms and possible tornado activity.

george 3 Mar 22, 2016 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver (Post 26303115)
A heads up: DFW is in a big mess today, t-storms and possible tornado activity.

Gusty winds !!

BThumme Mar 23, 2016 9:26 am

United has issued a weather waiver for Colorado Airports today. Nothing on AA yet. I fly tomorrow (or am supposed to), so would be interested in taking advantage of it if it posts.

only BRU in effect right now.