FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   ARCHIVE: AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources thru 2019 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1734392-archive-aa-oso-irops-irrops-delay-cancelation-etc-resources-thru-2019-a.html)

BobbySteel Jan 3, 15 4:38 am

ARCHIVE: AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources thru 2019
 
Wirelessly posted (Blackberry8700c: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.4.4; HTC6525LVW Build/KTU84P) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/40.0.2214.45 Mobile Safari/537.36)

Miami is a train wreck today. Queues out the, and even the business and first lines are an hour wait.

TerryK Jan 4, 15 12:58 am

Any weather waiver for the Northeast storm?:confused: I see there is waiver for DL but cannot find one for AA.

JDiver Jan 4, 15 7:02 am


Originally Posted by TerryK (Post 24097179)
Any weather waiver for the Northeast storm?:confused: I see there is waiver for DL but cannot find one for AA.

The link in the wiki leads to the current AA travel policy and travel notices, including waivers.

http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInforma...e=travelalerts

Currently, there is no travel policy regarding weather anywhere in the ConUS.

The wiki contains several useful links beyond that, including FAA airport conditions, etc.

TerryK Jan 4, 15 7:10 am


Originally Posted by JDiver (Post 24098036)
The link in the wiki leads to the current AA travel policy and travel notices, including waivers.

http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInforma...e=travelalerts....

Thank you. Yes, I did follow that link in wiki but cannot find a waiver. :( I was a little surprised as there is one for DL. I am on DL but my friend is on AA today. We hope to change to different flights.

VSLover Jan 25, 15 10:31 am

looks like the northeast is in for so trouble this week. weather.com explicitly stating travel will be impossible monday evening into tuesday.

JDiver Jan 25, 15 12:07 pm


Originally Posted by VSLover (Post 24230924)
looks like the northeast is in for so trouble this week. weather.com explicitly stating travel will be impossible monday evening into tuesday.

Following the link in the wiki reveals (the current policy).

izzik Jan 30, 15 3:00 pm

United and Delta have posted a travel waiver for tomorrow - Chicago.

When will AA catch up?

tom911 Jan 30, 15 6:10 pm

There's one on the AA website, though only good for Jan 31 and Feb 1. I just changed my DCA-ORD-SFO on Sunday to route via DFW.
http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInforma...avelAlerts.jsp

JDiver Jan 30, 15 7:52 pm


Originally Posted by izzik (Post 24264302)
United and Delta have posted a travel waiver for tomorrow - Chicago.

When will AA catch up?

The link in the wiki can be clicked for current travel warnings and policies. The current one covers the Midwest.

Expect a good chance of more New England disruptions.

TheSkyGuy Jan 30, 15 11:29 pm

SJC - ORD on Sunday morning, departing 7:30am arriving 1:45pm. Only AA direct of the day, will they try and run it? Or am I up a creek?

thetravelingRedhead Jan 31, 15 9:58 am


Originally Posted by DylanOakes (Post 24265937)
SJC - ORD on Sunday morning, departing 7:30am arriving 1:45pm. Only AA direct of the day, will they try and run it? Or am I up a creek?

maybe, maybe not. would keep watching and see if they preemptively cancel or w/e they do.

this is the latest NWS forecast (2 hours ago)...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...37423989f1046c

the issue they are talking about is more than the amounts, its the blowing and drifting snow that will impact visb.

can report that in Batavia (west of chicago), clouds are rolling in slowly.... was sunny but now its grey :(

AANYC1981 Feb 2, 15 12:11 pm

My flight LGA-ORD monday am cancelled Sunday afternoon but I never got a notice from AA like I usually do....I only found out by checking the App and had to do a call back from EXP desk due to the 2 hour wait times.....going for great!

thenecropolist Feb 4, 15 11:58 pm

Yeah I was really pissed about this to. I didn't get an email informing me that my flight has been cancelled. I even got the email reminder that it's time to check in for my flight.

Honestly, you would think their computer system would send out warnings when flights have been cancelled. The EXP line was also queueing way too long at 1 hr. However, when I finally did speak to an agent, she was able to preserve my upgrade on the A321T... which made the rolling delay my flight experienced (hooray 9+ hrs on a plane) not as terrible as it could've been.

tom911 Feb 5, 15 12:37 am

Did you have your itinerary set up for flight status notification? I have received notification via text message in the past proactively when a flight has been cancelled with this, often followed by "rebooking in progress". You have to opt-in to receive those, though.

thenecropolist Feb 5, 15 11:47 am

Yes. Maybe their system was overloaded...

DealAddict Feb 5, 15 7:34 pm

Why were YUL-LGA and LGA-YUL both cancelled hours in advance due to air traffic controller issues? American Airlines seems to be cancelling a lot of flights preemptively

djibouti Feb 7, 15 10:23 am

Northeast travel policy now posted for the snowstorm.

JDiver Feb 8, 15 1:11 pm


Originally Posted by djibouti (Post 24308481)
Northeast travel policy now posted for the snowstorm.

And there's a significant "Pineapple Express" hitting the west coast from YVR to fickle SFO.

JDiver Feb 9, 15 1:36 pm

Already many cancellations in BOS and all NYC airports. Fewer mid-Atlantic.

nickp7286 Feb 13, 15 10:20 am

I am scheduled to travel EWR-MIA on Sunday. I noticed AA just posted a weather waiver. I'd much rather change to LGA or JFK - MIA now as I will have more optionality if my original flight is delayed/cancelled, however the EXP desk would not let me switch departure airports. Has anyone had luck getting AA to change to a co-terminal airport in the event of a weather waiver?

george 3 Feb 14, 15 8:39 pm


Originally Posted by nickp7286 (Post 24345483)
I am scheduled to travel EWR-MIA on Sunday. I noticed AA just posted a weather waiver. I'd much rather change to LGA or JFK - MIA now as I will have more optionality if my original flight is delayed/cancelled, however the EXP desk would not let me switch departure airports. Has anyone had luck getting AA to change to a co-terminal airport in the event of a weather waiver?

Yes but going the other way. I had a LGA DFW ONT canceled due to DFW weather that upon my suggestion reroute me to JFK LAX. No fare difference and I went F to F. I'm in NY now, and it's not snowing and there is no wind. Tomorrow is a different story - and it's more the wind than the snow. LGA will be worse than EWR. Consider Allentown or Philly, although likely on AA operated by US and a connection.

Edit - as of 630am EST between 100-135 flights have been cancelled at each of LGA/JFK/EWR have been cancelled for travel 15 February. Per WCBS TV. Very gusty winds. Not much snow.

tom911 Feb 22, 15 5:45 pm

CBSDFW @CBSDFW 44m 44 minutes ago
#BREAKING: @AmericanAir cancels 961 flights tomorrow ahead of #DFWwx

AA travel waiver posted for DFW:
http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInforma...avelAlerts.jsp

cova Feb 22, 15 5:47 pm

At this point - getting through to the EXP line is impossible. Been on hold for 1.5 hour already.

Finally AA answered EXP line - agent says I was on hold for 180 minutes (3 hours).

Nicholas Bedworth Feb 22, 15 6:22 pm

The recorded message is now "over 2 hours".

wrp96 Feb 22, 15 9:13 pm

They just pulled the cots and blankets out into the terminals at DFW.

cmn.jcs Feb 22, 15 9:44 pm

About to go HKG-DFW-BOS. Of the 6 DFW-BOS flights on Monday (23 Feb), only mine hasn't been canceled so far. Crossing my fingers and hoping for the best. Called in to try switching to CX or JL, but no availability to be had. :(

skye1 Feb 23, 15 5:06 am

Was on a full AA 90 (ORD-LHR) when it went mechanical (as it often does).
Agents (both at the gate and in the FL) were having trouble finding available re-booking options, with weather taking New York and Dallas off the table, and were advising people to call the EXP desk. Those calling the desk were told they'd be on hold for an hour or more.

The 17:10pm BA flight, originally half full, was filled with AA re-books within minutes.

Must have been a very busy day for those working the AA res numbers...

cova Feb 23, 15 11:38 am

Made it from DCA to DFW this morning - my later flight was cancelled.

But I can say that the runways and taxi ways are a sheet of ice. I guess they don't have salt in Texas.

The captain said (on exiting) the plane ahead was sliding around. And what a sight to see a 77W take off with all the ice/snow blast.

Airport pretty quiet. Only place busy is the American Express lounge.

Looks like about 2/3 of the flights are cancelled.

JDiver Feb 23, 15 11:56 am


Originally Posted by skye1 (Post 24399313)
Was on a full AA 90 (ORD-LHR) when it went mechanical (as it often does).
Agents (both at the gate and in the FL) were having trouble finding available re-booking options, with weather taking New York and Dallas off the table, and were advising people to call the EXP desk. Those calling the desk were told they'd be on hold for an hour or more.

The 17:10pm BA flight, originally half full, was filled with AA re-books within minutes.

Must have been a very busy day for those working the AA res numbers...

Don't forget the OSO number in the wiki at times like this.

swag Feb 25, 15 7:49 am

I'm scheduled tomorrow 2/26 JAC-DFW. My GF is flying JAC-DFW-CLT.

Both DFW and CLT are included in the latest advisory:

On the following dates: February 25 - 26, 2015
And your ticket was issued no later than: February 24, 2015
You may travel: February 25, 2015 - March 1, 2015
Original inventory required? No
Origin/Destination/Stopover Changes allowed? No
I'm optimistic about the JAC-DFW leg, but CLT is forecast for 4-8" overnight. And even if the flight operates, she lives in a neighborhood that doesn't get plowed, up a hill, and might not be able to get home from the airport.

What might make sense would be for her to fly JAC-DFW with me as booked, but push the DFW-CLT leg until Friday. But does the rule
Origin/Destination/Stopover Changes allowed? No
... prevent this?
Any other options? Would there be more options if/when her DFW-CLT actually cancels? Would the gate agent at JAC be able to handle the rebooking, or would we need to brave the telephone hold waits?

tom911 Feb 25, 15 4:14 pm


#BREAKING: @Americanair is suspending all departures out of Charlotte Douglas after 9pm because of impending weather. #fox46storm

asf-07 Feb 26, 15 11:05 pm

In the event of a travel alert that permits a change on your outbound leg, can you make a change to the return leg even if it falls outside of the travel alert window?

Ross0 Feb 27, 15 7:36 am


Originally Posted by asf-07 (Post 24423044)
In the event of a travel alert that permits a change on your outbound leg, can you make a change to the return leg even if it falls outside of the travel alert window?

No

tom911 Feb 27, 15 4:34 pm


DFW Airport Media Statement: Winter Weather Response

Friday, February 27, 2015, 2:30 PM CST
Runways at DFW Airport remain operational this afternoon despite over an inch of snow that has fallen at the Airport. However, the snowfall is causing a slowdown in flight operations due to de-icing requirements for departures.

DFW is currently treating runways and monitoring for problem areas, and the Airport has deployed its fleet of pavement treatment trucks and snow plows to keep the airfield operational. Airline crews are de-icing every departure this afternoon while the snow is falling.

DFW Airport advises all customers with flights or anyone meeting flights to stay updated with the latest flight information.

As of 2:30 PM, airlines serving DFW had cancelled over 200 departures and over 240 arrivals at DFW Airport.
https://www.dfwairport.com/pressroom...onse_Feb25.php

My 1335 departure was airborne at 1630. Long wait for a deicing slot.

JDiver Feb 28, 15 7:42 am

Following yesterday's debacle at DFW! Joe Brancatelli messaged today:


Overnight, ice and freezing rain covered the unshoveled snow and that is causing more chaos today. More than 600 takeoffs and landings have already been dumped today at DFW. And it's not just the traditionally unreliable Envoy Air (fka American Eagle). Nearly 400 of those cancellations are on mainline American Airlines flights.

Letitride3c Feb 28, 15 8:22 am

Heavy Snow Mechanical delays AA 382 for 9 hours (Feb. 27)
 
The news headline, heard it early this morning on the news first - http://7online.com/news/heavy-snow-m...-hours/538321/

Like AA 382 yesterday (Feb. 27) DFW - OKC, a typical 45 min. flight, scheduled on a MD80 delayed (apparently) at the gate after pax boarded - due to heavy snow, sat for 5 hours and when finally ready for takeoff, went MX. https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...945Z/KDFW/KOKC

Plane did NOT violate DOT's 3 hours rule as it was not on held on the tarmac.
But, pax onboard did the best they could and had a party, helped themselves to the liquor stocked in the gallery. AA apologized for ...

Anyone on this flight with the inside story ;) on what it was like

ShortDog Feb 28, 15 2:35 pm

Is there an AA insider here who might be able to tell me why the ORD to EGE (1080) flight isn't being used to restore the EGE to LAX (937) flight? It seems like the plane is just being left at EGE overnight. Thanks!

TxTrav Feb 28, 15 3:39 pm


Originally Posted by Letitride3c (Post 24429949)
The news headline, heard it early this morning on the news first - http://7online.com/news/heavy-snow-m...-hours/538321/

Like AA 382 yesterday (Feb. 27) DFW - OKC, a typical 45 min. flight, scheduled on a MD80 delayed (apparently) at the gate after pax boarded - due to heavy snow, sat for 5 hours and when finally ready for takeoff, went MX. https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...945Z/KDFW/KOKC

Plane did NOT violate DOT's 3 hours rule as it was not on held on the tarmac.
But, pax onboard did the best they could and had a party, helped themselves to the liquor stocked in the gallery. AA apologized for ...

Anyone on this flight with the inside story ;) on what it was like

We got stuck in that mess at DFW yesterday (not on that flight though :eek:)

We never made it, after five hours on the plane, just after it finally got de-iced and in position for take-off the pilot announced that the crew would hit max allotted hours and turned back to the gate.

We were lucky that our FA was smart enough to begin service about an 30 minutes after we boarded. So at least we got our lunch and plenty of wine ;). Never got the dessert course.

Not sure what went on back in Y but didn't hear any partying!

tom911 Mar 1, 15 2:04 pm


Due to WX / LOW VIS, there is a Traffic Management Program in effect for traffic arriving John F Kennedy International Airport, New York, NY (JFK). This is causing some arriving flights to be delayed an average of 2 hours and 17 minutes.
http://www.fly.faa.gov/flyfaa/usmap.jsp

Has been snowing nonstop in Manhattan since noon. Took this in Battery Park around 2pm. More HERE.

http://tom911.smugmug.com/Travel-USA...P1090172-M.jpg

iahphx Mar 1, 15 3:24 pm

I've got family flying out of PHL first thing tomorrow morning. We're currently experiencing a major ice storm (5:30 pm), that's supposed to continue until early morning. Getting to the airport at 6 am will be hazardous at best, as temps won't rise above freezing until later in the morning. Yet no travel waiver for tomorrow (yet). That just seems mean to me. Is there anything they can do except wait for AA to realize the danger?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 6:49 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.