Wiki Posts
Search

Processing Charge when Sharing Miles?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2015, 8:38 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Processing Charge when Sharing Miles?

Want to transfer some miles from one account to another, go to do it and I notice on top of the charge (which is completely fair), there is a "Processing Charge" of $15. I honestly don't get the point of this charge and was wondering if there would be any possible way out of it? They are already getting my money for sharing miles, they don't need a ridiculous amount more to "Process" it...
Old Dec 22, 2015, 12:52 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
There are processing or transaction charges when buying, gifting, etc. miles. There's no way to avoid them other than to not use these "opportunities ".
Old Dec 22, 2015, 3:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

it may not need the $15, but it likes to have the $15

Its pretty poor that the prices aren't listed as all inclusive imo
Old Dec 22, 2015, 3:59 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
it may not need the $15, but it likes to have the $15

Its pretty poor that the prices aren't listed as all inclusive imo
It's like the airline - they have unbundled and charge you to transact over the Internet. Ridiculous, but that's the business model.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 4:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by JDiver
It's like the airline - they have unbundled and charge you to transact over the Internet. Ridiculous, but that's the business model.
The airline is obligated to show airfares all inclusively - crap that it can leave mandatory taxes and charges separately on this
Old Dec 22, 2015, 5:18 am
Suspended
Original Poster

I mean i'm going to pay it, I have to, I just wish they were upfront with this charge in the beginning. I get the money ready, and then I learn there is a "Processing charge" for each transaction on top of it.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 5:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by airplanegod
I mean i'm going to pay it, I have to, I just wish they were upfront with this charge in the beginning. I get the money ready, and then I learn there is a "Processing charge" for each transaction on top of it.
Just curious, how many miles are you sharing? With all the fees sharing miles is generally a terrible deal, in most cases it's better to just buy new miles for the account, especially with the promos that are running.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.