Wiki Posts
Search

Pleasant flight experience

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2015, 9:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold/1MM
Arrow Pleasant flight experience

I recently flew AA after 10 some years on SAN-ORD-SAN route on a newer 737-800 and I must say that I liked the experience even as a non elite. The plane was newer and more modern than the 738 of UA. The touchscreen on every screen was good and even though the programming was expensive Pay per View, I really liked that interactive flight detail option that was free. And to top it off the easy to access 110v power plugs and USB power ports were amazing.

The service was also better than UA, none of the FAs seem to frown and was given full can of drink without begging for it. There were people going to lav while the seat belt sign was on and no one was barking on them.

Based on this experience, I will look into their status match option and fly them in 2016.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 9:45 am

Programs: AA EXP - Marriott LT Platinum - National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by tashi
I recently flew AA after 10 some years on SAN-ORD-SAN route on a newer 737-800 and I must say that I liked the experience even as a non elite. The plane was newer and more modern than the 738 of UA. The touchscreen on every screen was good and even though the programming was expensive Pay per View, I really liked that interactive flight detail option that was free. And to top it off the easy to access 110v power plugs and USB power ports were amazing.

The service was also better than UA, none of the FAs seem to frown and was given full can of drink without begging for it. There were people going to lav while the seat belt sign was on and no one was barking on them.

Based on this experience, I will look into their status match option and fly them in 2016.
Glad to hear. Just be warned that 738's with AVOD are not common. They've only been arriving into the fleet in the last year. I never see them at DFW.

Here's the master thread about this aircraft.

Last edited by JY1024; Dec 18, 2015 at 12:00 pm Reason: merged consecutive posts

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.