Wiki Posts
Search

Miles credited to wrong program

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2015, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, AA 1MM, UA 1MM
Miles credited to wrong program

I flew an AA flight a few months ago and just noticed that they credited the miles to AA and not to the OW partner that I told them to. I happen to have kept the tickets showing the right FF# (I'm paranoid about this due to experience). Does anyone have recent experience with getting this fixed? I assume that I need to call AA?
Old Jan 8, 2018, 10:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G
This just happened to me too. On OSL-LHR-LAS-LAX with BA, BA and AA (sold as BA).
Upgraded with avios the LHR-LAS flight.

I changed FFP at checkin since I wanted AA miles and I'm platinum on aa but no longer elite with BA.
First two boarding passes show AA Sapphire.
In Las Vegas i change the FFP again on the AA flight and now it shows AA Platinum or Sapphire.

Later i see all three flights credited to BA...
Any solution?
(I kept all boarding passes that show AA number on them)
Old Jan 8, 2018, 11:49 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by sjefenole
This just happened to me too. On OSL-LHR-LAS-LAX with BA, BA and AA (sold as BA).
Upgraded with avios the LHR-LAS flight.

I changed FFP at checkin since I wanted AA miles and I'm platinum on aa but no longer elite with BA.
First two boarding passes show AA Sapphire.
In Las Vegas i change the FFP again on the AA flight and now it shows AA Platinum or Sapphire.

Later i see all three flights credited to BA...
Any solution?
(I kept all boarding passes that show AA number on them)

You need to contac ba and have them remove the flights from your baec account. Then do a retroclaim with AA. I have done this several times.

I have never been denied from ba to AA only from AA to ba.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G
Thanks for the tip! Really helpful.

Another turn of events: my wife also flew with me and she is a mvp gold 75k. She had her alaska number in the reservation, but we switched to AA for the last flight since it was a codeshare. Somehow she got all three flights credited to her AA account (which is what I wanted happening to me).

Is there a similar process to remove from AA so that we can claim with Alaska?
Old Dec 2, 2023, 4:50 am

(reawakening an old thread)
This just happened to me.
Bought tickets on Finnair stock, all segments flown on BA, all segments' boarding passes showing AA FF#.
AA doesn't even have a record that I flew half of the segments; the other half show as zero credit.
I claimed it from AA, a month later AA answered only about two of the four, saying denied due to miles having been credited to BA FF program.
Only problem is, I don't even have a BA FF program membership. Logging in to BA's website and clicking the Executive Club link shows me an offer to join, NOT an account. (I knew this). (For completeness, I also checked via Avios, and via the one other associated airline on which I once upon a long time ago collected a few points - Vueling. All nonexistent or zero balance, as expected). (Oh, I also verified that I don't have any trip history nor transaction balance with Finnair).
Incompetence is so frustrating. I just submitted a complaint to BA asking them to cleat this up (though, why should they care about me, since only my body was their customer, but not my FF soul, obviously?) and followed up to AA (who clearly don't care much either, since they'd already seen my boarding passes with AA numbers on them). *grr*
Working on it...
Old Dec 2, 2023, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by libove
(reawakening an old thread)
This just happened to me.
Bought tickets on Finnair stock, all segments flown on BA, all segments' boarding passes showing AA FF#.
AA doesn't even have a record that I flew half of the segments; the other half show as zero credit.
I claimed it from AA, a month later AA answered only about two of the four, saying denied due to miles having been credited to BA FF program.
Only problem is, I don't even have a BA FF program membership. Logging in to BA's website and clicking the Executive Club link shows me an offer to join, NOT an account. (I knew this). (For completeness, I also checked via Avios, and via the one other associated airline on which I once upon a long time ago collected a few points - Vueling. All nonexistent or zero balance, as expected). (Oh, I also verified that I don't have any trip history nor transaction balance with Finnair).
Incompetence is so frustrating. I just submitted a complaint to BA asking them to cleat this up (though, why should they care about me, since only my body was their customer, but not my FF soul, obviously?) and followed up to AA (who clearly don't care much either, since they'd already seen my boarding passes with AA numbers on them). *grr*
Working on it...
Was the itinerary to or from the U.S.?
Old Dec 3, 2023, 5:00 am

Actually, no part in this itinerary included the US. It's Spain (through London) to Japan, then Japan (through London) to Spain.
-Jay

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.