Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2015 "HELP! I need XXX EQM / EQP / EQS by end of year" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 11, 2015, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Help! I need ....... by the end of the year to (re)qualify.

Some links to resources and tools:

This thread has been archived. For the 2016 thread, please see:

The 2016 "HELP! I need XXX EQM / EQS by end of year" thread (consolidated)

Link to Google Flights (put in the origin only, add your restrictions such as airline or alliances)

Link to FT-AA Thread "Using Google Flights for American Airlines flight searches"

Link to Google ITA Matrix (flights and rules finder)

Link to Innosked oneworld interactive network map and timetable

Link to Great Circle Mapper (miles and distance calculations)

Link to FT Mileage Run Deals forum

Link to FT Premium Fare Deals forum

Link to FT Mileage Run Discussion forum
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: 2015 "HELP! I need XXX EQM / EQP / EQS by end of year" thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2015, 10:46 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; Marriott Plat; HHonors Diamond; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Superguy
Were you the person who posted in the buy up thread that AA wanted $1799 for that 1 EQP?

If not, someone had posted a shot from the website showing 99,999 EQPs and then the email offering the $1799 buy up.

At that, they should just give it to you rather than making you hop on a short flight just to get it.
That was not me. I actually flew today ORD-PHX so I crossed the threshold but
I could not believe hitting 99999 EQM first.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 10:36 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles Platinum Medallion
AA newbie - need 3,000 EQPs to make Plat for '16

I have 47,xxx EQPs and would like to try and make Platinum. I am trying to decipher how a point is calculated (seems to be 1 for 1 for miles and points on most Y fares I purchase), and 1 mile for 1.5 points for J/F tickets. Also, I read about a promotion where an additional 0.5 point will be added. Essentially this makes it 1 mile for 2 points with F/J purchases.

1- Are my above assumptions correct?

2- Would a MR in F of about 2,000 flight miles move me above 50k points with the bonus (meaning 4,000 EQPs earned)?

I'm usually a DL flyer, but why not try and snag Plat on AA too.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 10:58 pm

Programs: AA, AS, AC, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG
Yup, you got it! A 2,000 miles flight in First Class will earn you 4,000 EQP unless you purchase full fare First Class, which will earn you 6,000 EQP. Have fun with the PLT status
Old Dec 8, 2015, 9:46 am

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by dtwtransport
Also, I read about a promotion where an additional 0.5 point will be added. Essentially this makes it 1 mile for 2 points with F/J purchases.
Here are the details of the promotion you mention.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
The good news is that the extra EQPs post when the flights do. Most of my Sat/Sun flights posted by Sunday night, many of which posted shortly after a flight landed.

Fare bonuses posted correctly too. Only problem is they don't tell you how the EQPs are calculated so you may have to back and check the math.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by AAbruflyer
Quick question
I'm taking a NYE flight on the 31st to get me over the 100K treshhold; if the fight gets canceled will AA give e credit fro the original routing?
Thanks
I'd be careful of this. My first flight of my MR went mechanical on Saturday and pretty much blew up my whole MR. I was forced onto another flight that left a little later and I ended up having to work on repairing my itinerary with an AAngel otherwise I would have gotten stuck in SJU. I was worried about having to fight for ORC if I came up short - or if I was even going to take the run at all at first.

I ended up losing some segments with a good amount of miles (lost about 3k miles), but fortunately, the AAngel booked a couple segments into full F that got me what I needed.

I was sweating what I was going to do and I still had a few weeks left in the year. I'd be going nuts if it was NYE and something went wrong and put my status at risk.

I'd avoid waiting until the last minute if you can.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 12:39 pm

how to earn ~680 miles from GCM

Hi guys, I need to earn 679 miles to earn exec plat by end of 2015.. I'm based out of GCM.. Any ideas on what the cheapest route to do this would be? Many thanks!

Last edited by carls456; Dec 9, 2015 at 1:14 pm
Old Dec 9, 2015, 1:32 pm

Programs: AA PLT
$317 for a same-day turn to MIA. Available tomorrow or M-Th next week.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 1:51 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Welcome to FlyerTalk, carls456!
We've merged your thread with our existing thread for these types of queries. /Moderator

$317 to Miami's about as good as I'm seeing as well.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 6:46 pm

Minimum EQP for American Eagle Segment

I'm just wondering if any of you can confirm some math for me as I figure out a few things prior to the end of the year. I'm currently PLT and I'm about 1300 EQP short of 50k for the year. I have a two segment flight planned for a few weeks from now, both legs are very short on American Eagle with the first a "K" fare and the second a "P" fare. I'm pretty sure that should yield 500 EQP for the first leg (500 minimum / 1.0) and 1000 EQP for the second leg (500 min x 2.0 - including 1.5 for fare + 0.5 for 2015 bonus). Any insight is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance for the help!
Old Dec 10, 2015, 7:53 pm

can't make my last trip of the year and I'll be 11 miles short of platinum...

I know I was cutting it a little close. I'm 11 miles from making platinum. I booked one last trip on AA for the last week of December, which will earn me at least 4000 miles... pushing me platinum threshold.

unfortunately, due to work stuff, there is 0% chance of making another flight by Dec. 31.

how flexible is AA when I'm only 11 miles short? Does begging/groveling work?
Old Dec 10, 2015, 7:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Starwood Platinum, Marriot Platinum
last year I was a couple hundred miles short of making gold. I couldn't fit in a trip, but I qualified for it anyways.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 7:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
There's a thread (on page 1) just for this: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html
Old Dec 11, 2015, 6:02 am

3K short from PHX

Right now I'm at 41K miles and have a trip from PHX to PDX to fill in about 2K more. I also need to run to NYC from PHX in a bit over a week. That looks like a bit over 4K miles, leaving me around 3-ish short of retaining Platinum.

I haven't bought my NYC ticket yet so figuring out a long route might be a way to handle that... or a MR day after xmas and before the end of the year.

Anyone have any suggestions? Much appreciated.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 7:50 am

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by want2flymore
I'm just wondering if any of you can confirm some math for me as I figure out a few things prior to the end of the year. I'm currently PLT and I'm about 1300 EQP short of 50k for the year. I have a two segment flight planned for a few weeks from now, both legs are very short on American Eagle with the first a "K" fare and the second a "P" fare. I'm pretty sure that should yield 500 EQP for the first leg (500 minimum / 1.0) and 1000 EQP for the second leg (500 min x 2.0 - including 1.5 for fare + 0.5 for 2015 bonus). Any insight is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance for the help!
You are correct.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.