Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

I have two flights at the same time, but plan to SDC or standby one to later...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2015, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, AA EXP

So, in a few weeks I'm flying DFW-LAX-DFW. Currently I am supposed to fly my LAX-DFW on Wednesday morning at 6am. However, I have been looking for a mileage run to keep EXP and I found LAX-ORD-LAX for a reasonable price which will get me there. The LAX-ORD-LAX is also approximately a 6am flight. I'll get back to LAX in the afternoon and would like to then either have already same day changed to a later LAX-DFW or else just standby until I get one.

If I have this booked, will AA cancel one of the flights before I have a chance to SDC? Or is there another potential problem with this? I have the ORD flight on hold for now...

Thanks.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 8:01 am
Suspended

One will get cancelled, by the way the system is supposed to work, the oldest one, generally.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 8:03 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by ericgdukie44
So, in a few weeks I'm flying DFW-LAX-DFW. Currently I am supposed to fly my LAX-DFW on Wednesday morning at 6am. However, I have been looking for a mileage run to keep EXP and I found LAX-ORD-LAX for a reasonable price which will get me there. The LAX-ORD-LAX is also approximately a 6am flight. I'll get back to LAX in the afternoon and would like to then either have already same day changed to a later LAX-DFW or else just standby until I get one.

If I have this booked, will AA cancel one of the flights before I have a chance to SDC? Or is there another potential problem with this? I have the ORD flight on hold for now...

Thanks.
Good luck with that. aa.com will not allow "impossible bookings" such as that.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 8:18 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
If you want this to work, you should quickly remove your FF # from your LAX-ORD-LAX run, that means no status, no MCE seat, no priority boarding, nada. Do the SDC for the LAX-DFW, and then place your FF# back on your LAX-ORD-LAX run.

Typically with conflicting itinerary, once AA does their sweeps, one of the flights gets canceled.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, AA EXP
thanks, found a better option!
Old Nov 4, 2015, 4:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by ericgdukie44
thanks, found a better option!
The FF# trick went away with the dodo bird. AA's software is much more sophisticated and looks for duplicates by all kinds of things, not the least of which are name, address, IP address, CC, and so on.

If the system works, your first ticket is cancelled. If it doesn't, either the second or both are cancelled.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.