Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Promo AUS16: 5/15/30k Bonus to Australia - Up to 90k total. Feb 1- Mar. 31 '16

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2015, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: dont matter anymore...

New Promo to Australia.

Plus for a limited time, you can earn 30,000 American Airlines Advantage bonus miles on First or Business Class fares, 15,000 bonus miles on Premium or Full-fare Economy fares (Y, B or H) and 5,000 bonus miles on other Economy fares on each round-trip between the U.S. /Canada and Australia on an American Airlines-marketed flight.

Registration required.

http://www.aa.com/viewPromotionDetai...&_locale=en_US
Old Oct 31, 2015, 6:58 am

Programs: AA PLT, HHonors Gold
I have a work trip to Australia in mid-March. Has anyone figured out the secret to purchasing Premium Economy on AA online? It shows up sometimes, but other times it doesn't show up in the search results at all. I want to take advantage of this promo so need to book AA marketed flight. Is the best option to just call in?
Old Oct 31, 2015, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by chiil1974
I have a work trip to Australia in mid-March. Has anyone figured out the secret to purchasing Premium Economy on AA online? It shows up sometimes, but other times it doesn't show up in the search results at all. I want to take advantage of this promo so need to book AA marketed flight. Is the best option to just call in?
If what you meant was the PE in AA, there is no such thing. There is Main Cabin Extra in AA for this flight, but it is essentially the same economy cabin, with extra legroom space reserved by the AA or OneWorld Elites. In your particular case, it may be better to go with higher fare buckets, or just go with CX. I must say CX's PE has much better reclining angle (8 inch) than AA MCE reclining angle.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 10:34 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by Paulakers2010
If what you meant was the PE in AA, there is no such thing. There is Main Cabin Extra in AA for this flight, but it is essentially the same economy cabin, with extra legroom space reserved by the AA or OneWorld Elites. In your particular case, it may be better to go with higher fare buckets, or just go with CX. I must say CX's PE has much better reclining angle (8 inch) than AA MCE reclining angle.
The OP is referring to booking premium economy on code-shares, not MCE. From the promo T&C:

Premium Economy fare booked in W (marketed by American Airlines and operated by Qantas Airways)
Therefore, the question is how does one book PE on QF metal on aa.com. CX obviously wouldn't qualify for the promo (and would be the "long way" from the US to Australia).
Old Oct 31, 2015, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by akcae
The OP is referring to booking premium economy on code-shares, not MCE. From the promo T&C:

Therefore, the question is how does one book PE on QF metal on aa.com. CX obviously wouldn't qualify for the promo (and would be the "long way" from the US to Australia).
Oh my bad. Overlooked the T&Cs in the promo.

It is difficult to book that if you don't start from the hub cities to Australia, but if you simply put SFO, LAX, or DFW, there should be some options in AA-marketed codeshare in it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.