Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Upgrade possible even when crediting miles to Alaska Airlines?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2015, 7:05 pm
Original Poster

I have requalified for EXP for next year and I am interested in accruing Alaska miles for rest of the year. I have few questions related to this:

1. If I am auto upgraded for a flight and switch FF # just before the flight, would I still be entitled to the upgrade?

2. Similarly if I use SWU and score an upgrade, would I still be able to switch FF # before the flight (and not lose the upgrade)?

Thanks.
Old Oct 24, 2015, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by Peter3000
I have requalified for EXP for next year and I am interested in accruing Alaska miles for rest of the year. I have few questions related to this:

1. If I am auto upgraded for a flight and switch FF # just before the flight, would I still be entitled to the upgrade?

2. Similarly if I use SWU and score an upgrade, would I still be able to switch FF # before the flight (and not lose the upgrade)?

Thanks.
1. Used to be the case, now much more difficult. You'll likely lose the upgrade.

2. Yes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.