Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AAdvantage or Avios for SAN-LHR-MEX?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2015, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, SA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, IHG Plat, AA Exec Plat
AAdvantage or Avios for SAN-LHR-MEX?

I've registered for both promotions - Avios and AA - and am flying on BA metal from SAN to LHR and then back LHR to MAD (2 hour layover) on BA metal and then MAD to MEX on Iberia Metal. This is in business class.

(1) Which mileage program should I use to earn on this, AA or Avios? What will get me more points?

(2) Will I be eligible for the promotion?

I did notice BA wants to charge me $121 for choosing my biz-class seat in advance. Seriously??

Thanks
Old Oct 23, 2015, 8:27 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by tennisboy
I've registered for both promotions - Avios and AA - and am flying on BA metal from SAN to LHR and then back LHR to MAD (2 hour layover) on BA metal and then MAD to MEX on Iberia Metal. This is in business class.

(1) Which mileage program should I use to earn on this, AA or Avios? What will get me more points?

(2) Will I be eligible for the promotion?

I did notice BA wants to charge me $121 for choosing my biz-class seat in advance. Seriously??

Thanks
There's not much more we can do to answer your questions until you give us some information we can work with - and not many of us are going to check what your earnings might be on BA or IB.

So: What status do you hold, and on which airline? How did you book, and which airline's FFN did you enter in the record? What kind of "points" are you interested in earning? Which airline's status scheme are you intending to hold status on going forward? Have you checked how many miles, Avios, status credits, EQ points you would earn in AAdvantage, BAEC or Iberia Plus? Which promotion?
Old Oct 24, 2015, 1:15 am

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by JDiver
Which promotion?
Both of course.

Agreed, too much presumption, you can't assume people know about all the promotions of two different airlines, and can guess which ones you are eligible for.
Old Oct 24, 2015, 1:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Seems to be a near repeat of this thread by tennisboy http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onewo...advantage.html

You do not have to pay for a BA seat allocation. A seat number will be allocated at check in.
As an AA Exec Plat will not pay if the AA ffn is in the reservation.
Old Oct 24, 2015, 3:55 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Good call, Mwenenzi. Since cross posting is not permitted, this thread will be closed and we'll invite members to cheek out the one linked just above to follow this topic.

~Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.