Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Abu Dhabi preclearance facility not in aa system-help!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Abu Dhabi preclearance facility not in aa system-help!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2015, 1:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by guv1976
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Except that your situation is not analogous to the OP's.

In order to be ticketed on a single award, the OP will have to be booked on a NYC-CLT flight that departs the day after his arrival at JFK. It is not at all clear that AA would permit the OP to "move up" to a flight that departs a day earlier, especially when such a flight would violate the currently-published MCT.
Agreed with no later JFK/CLT flight that day the OP would not be able to standby for an earlier flight. The best he could do is show up at T8 and try to plead his case but it looks like he is going to be overnighting at JFK.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 8:00 am
Original Poster

Good news

Thanks for all of the suggestions! Once we landed at JFK I called aa and though initially reluctant to put us on the same day flight back to Charlotte, the aagent was able to finagle some things and we got home without having to spend the night in NYC. He indicated the main obstacle in accommodating us on the earlier flight was there were only economy saver award seats available, and that a change in class wasn't allowed after travel commences. We were able to pick up our boarding passes at the priority help desk outside of security at T8.

Last edited by jchock1; Oct 22, 2015 at 8:16 am
Old Oct 22, 2015, 8:12 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Thank you for posting the outcome, at least now we now this is closed and it worked in your aadvantage, enjoy.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 3:07 pm

I asked AA about this issue and this is were reply:
Although the customers clear right away, the bags entering the US have to be screened again prior to being sent on it's way, requiring the extra time.
I do not understand don't pax and bags get TSA style screening that meet's TSA requirements at AUH? Do you guys think this reply from AA is correct?
Old Oct 22, 2015, 3:34 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by IAD_flyer

I do not understand don't pax and bags get TSA style screening that meet's TSA requirements at AUH? Do you guys think this reply from AA is correct?
I'd say it's very possible. They may even mean that they spot-screen and/or reserve the right to screen, screen based on into accumulated since departure, etc.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 3:56 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by IAD_flyer

Just because the TSA has approved of the screening for flights from AUH to the US (which it has) doesn't mean that TSA trusts the screening for purposes of bags being transferred onto flights within or from the US.

Speaking of bags transferred onto domestic US flights after having been flown into the US on flights that came from US CBP preclearance airports/terminals/sections, I've seen TSA printed inserts placed in some such bags. Given the TSA doesn't have its own screeners performing general screening at any non-US airport which I've used -- and that includes flights from most US CBP preclearance airports -- I take it that the CBP preclearance flights' luggage has much greater likelihood (than other connecting flight luggage on US airport-originating trips) of being opened up at connecting US airports even after having already been screened and out of the control of the passenger for the entire duration of the ticketed trip from/via a CBP preclearance flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.