Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

How much better is the new AA business than BA club world?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How much better is the new AA business than BA club world?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2015, 4:39 am

I had an 8 hour layover in LHR coming back from JNB. Went through immigration (you;ll have fast-track so will be not so bad), had a shower in the arrivals lounge (but was on BA, don't know the arrivals situation for AA) took heathrow express into town, walked around, had some lunch and headed back. Much more pleasant than 9 hours in the T5 mall or galleries lounge.

Also, make sure to book the exit row aisle upstairs on the 747 if available. I believe 62B. I personally found the CW on 747 to be not so bad. Clear water between that and the AA 77W, but it's still lie flat and with the divider up it's quite private.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 5:54 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by boolean64
I had an 8 hour layover in LHR coming back from JNB. Went through immigration (you;ll have fast-track so will be not so bad), had a shower in the arrivals lounge (but was on BA, don't know the arrivals situation for AA) took heathrow express into town, walked around, had some lunch and headed back. Much more pleasant than 9 hours in the T5 mall or galleries lounge.
The showers in the AA arrivals lounge at T3 are excellent. I agree, I would get out of Heathrow and go tool around London for a few hours.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 10:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
My experience is not on the AA 77W in J but on the A321T in F which uses the same type of seat. Definitely go for the AA product. So much more comfortable. A bit tight when trying to get out but a joy to sleep in, I don't think I've ever slept better on an airplane and I've been up in the premium cabins a lot. You also get quite a bit of storage space on the console between you and the window, and if you have the bulkhead seat, you can also use the shelf space in front of you, handy for putting your meal tray on after you're done eating and don't want to wait for the FAs to come pick up your tray.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 1:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Austin787
Having flown both, AA 77W J easily beats Club World, for the reasons posted earlier.

As for the connection time in LHR, I'll take 9 hours over 1 hour.
I agree, and personally, with a 9 hour connection, I'd be heading into London via HEX for a late lunch or early dinner and a couple of pubs. Still leaves plenty of time to come back and enjoy the BA GF Lounge before continuing on.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
That is definitely the plan! Thanks guys - looking forward to it. Will definitely report back with an update...

My only question now is...which seat to pick >_<

I just want the quietest, in terms of noise, those galley fans drive me nuts.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by mikekelley
That is definitely the plan! Thanks guys - looking forward to it. Will definitely report back with an update...

My only question now is...which seat to pick >_<

I just want the quietest, in terms of noise, those galley fans drive me nuts.
AA 77W pick between 8/9J. Probably best distance between galleys and engines.

BA 747 UD first choice is 64K, followed by 64A (could be a bassinet thingy going on and you may lose the seat), followed by 62A/K (by the exit doors and the FA seating across from you staring at you in the face), followed by 63k which has a narrow corridor to get out I believe without disturbing your neighbor. In other words, get 64K.

OTOH, if said baby ends up in 64A, the whole immediate area will be a disaster zone, so you may want to book that seat to ensure you will be booted from there, lol.

Last edited by nk15; Sep 17, 2015 at 6:23 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.