Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

No more US Airways site [for post 16 Oct 2015 booking]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2015, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Silver, Fantasy Football Champ

Just went to book a flight today and got transferred over to aa.com. Quick question, now that everything is on aa.com are the automatic upgrades gone for me now(I'm platinum)? Is my only option for getting upgraded using the 500 mile upgrades? Throughout this year I have always booked on USair and picked a USair flight so I would always get the automatic upgrade. Just curious if that is gone now.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 1:03 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
If your flights are before 10/17, you can still use USAirways.com to book. If your flights are 10/17 or later, you'll need to use AA.com to book.

If you are flying on a US Airways flight before 10/17, if you purchase it through US Airways (not as an AA Code Share), you will still get in the automatic upgrade queue (assuming your flight qualifies for it...i.e. not TATL).
Old Aug 21, 2015, 1:07 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum; Marriott Platinum
The USAirways site still exists. It just cannot be used to book flights post 10/17.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Silver, Fantasy Football Champ
Thank you.

For post 10/17 flights, is there still a way to book flights on aa.com on USair planes or will they all be considered AA planes at that point?
Old Aug 21, 2015, 1:40 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum; Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by rocket2247
Thank you.

For post 10/17 flights, is there still a way to book flights on aa.com on USair planes or will they all be considered AA planes at that point?
Yes, beginning on that date, all PMUS flights will be AA operated, and the US brand will cease to exist.

There are many pre-existing threads and wikis devoted to this topic. This may be of help:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...d-end-oct.html
Old Aug 21, 2015, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
So yes, after 10/17, as an AA PLT (or GLD), you'll need to use the 500 mile upgrades to upgrade any flight over 500 miles. Under 500 miles the upgrades will be free.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 2:47 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Yes, we've known about this for some time. Please read the thread linked to above for further information and discussion.

Thank you,

/Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.