Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is considered a "weather" issue?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2015, 11:29 am

Programs: AA ExPlt, UA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Honestly I do wish that this was something that could be tightened up through regulatory or other means. Last winter there were rampant anecdotes of AA clearly cancelling flights because it simply felt like it, then chalking it up to "weather". I noticed it several times myself - looking at the departures list for a given airport and seeing the status of AA versus other carriers' flights (even to the same destinations).
You can thank the regulatory process for airlines cancelling flights proactively due to weather related issues. The three hour tarmac rule is just to costly to violate so airlines are forced to cancel flights, meaning customers are often delayed for days as no seats are available to get to their destinations.

Huge example of careful what you wish for.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by 777Pax
You can thank the regulatory process for airlines cancelling flights proactively due to weather related issues. The three hour tarmac rule is just to costly to violate so airlines are forced to cancel flights, meaning customers are often delayed for days as no seats are available to get to their destinations.

Huge example of careful what you wish for.
And there is no way to delay the aircraft without doing so on the tarmac?
Old Jul 22, 2015, 1:02 pm

What is considered a "weather" issue?

It's hard taking a delay at the gate with the door open because people get off the airplane. If you get even the smallest window to leave earlier than anticipated you're likely to miss it rounding everyone up, pushing off the gate and getting to the runway and will likely lose that window and go to the bottom of the list again

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.